Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I think it's lovely! The stone front is beautiful. Needs re-roofing by the look of things but it's not huge.

It's a bargain for someone with time & talent for DIY.

That's what I thought too, I'd imagine it could be bought for about €10,000, spend another €10,000 on it and you'd have a lovely house for less than the price of a years rent in some parts of Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

I think it's lovely! The stone front is beautiful. Needs re-roofing by the look of things but it's not huge.

It's a bargain for someone with time & talent for DIY.

The other houses on the street look quite respectable, can only imagine the hell they must have gone through living next to whatever used to inhabit no. 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Graces7 wrote: »
    In what way please? Love the whole house and the setting.
    It looks like they did the kitchen up more recently and it's more modern, the rest of the house looks like older decor. So when you see the kitchen first you expect some sleek modern house, in contrast to the next photo

I'm not saying it's bad, just a bit of contrast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

SuperS54 wrote: »
    The other houses on the street look quite respectable, can only imagine the hell they must have gone through living next to whatever used to inhabit no. 3.
    Yes a nice little cul de sac ,solid stone, not your stick-on stuff.
    comes with resident nosey neighbour!!
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4754803,-8.1588057,3a,90y,121.74h,83.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s48u74T0CFG_OoCZ43e-GYg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bluewolf wrote: »
    It looks like they did the kitchen up more recently and it's more modern, the rest of the house looks like older decor. So when you see the kitchen first you expect some sleek modern house, in contrast to the next photo

I'm not saying it's bad, just a bit of contrast

Ah I see.

Last rental I had the kitchen was wondrously equipped.. go through into the hall and it was 100 or more years ago primitive. Clearly women rule

Actually the rest of the house is so comfortable. LOVE the house and the setting but way beyond my reach

• Advertisement

SuperS54 wrote: »

If it was just a lonely oldie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

The Sherry Fitz way of selling a property is about maximising value - not just in terms of the price achieved - but in the exposure your property gets throughout the sale.

Yeah.... it shows.

a2a22b0ab0c3a2a54e58df96579544f8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

inforfun wrote: »
    Yeah.... it shows.

a2a22b0ab0c3a2a54e58df96579544f8.png

From the ad - "Modern kitchen including fitted wall and base units" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think I caught AIDS from looking at this picture.

37O.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Now HERE's the ultimate doer-upper! :D

Bright and airy. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think I caught AIDS from looking at this picture.

37O.jpg

Looks like some coke addicts were squatting there :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Bright and airy. :D

It cleans itself too, just wait for a bit of rain.

Another for sale..

Green Valley have some interesting properties

http://www.gvp.ie/cgi-bin/ICS/GVP/prevobj6.cgi?obj=GVP0000177

They even left washing drying in the kitchen...

Another for sale..

Green Valley have some interesting properties

http://www.gvp.ie/cgi-bin/ICS/GVP/prevobj6.cgi?obj=GVP0000177

They even left washing drying in the kitchen...

Built without planning permission. :eek:

The location is nice if you want to escape from the world but I think I'd prefer to live in something more luxurious with such extravagances such as a proper toilet, running water that you can drink without dying etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

GoneHome wrote: »
    http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/80077?back=offices%2F391%2Fproperties%3Fview=

Oh my good god the state of it but I suppose it wouldn't take much to put it right and I'd say it could be bought for even less than the €25,000 asking price. "Blind Street" emmm

Oh my god the state of it :eek: I see this house regularly, I park on that street when I'm heading to work, often wondered what it was like on the inside...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

250e skip and a hoover would have the worst of it gone. Then laminate/carpet down, lick of builders magnolia, new presses in Jax and kitchen, bit of bleach in the shower..

Flip it for 75g

Edit, and is that a shed i see down the back of the garden?? Ffs, place sells itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Auction for this fire-damaged property taking place on Friday 13th of April :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,152 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

GoneHome wrote: »
    http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/80077?back=offices%2F391%2Fproperties%3Fview=

Oh my good god the state of it but I suppose it wouldn't take much to put it right and I'd say it could be bought for even less than the €25,000 asking price. "Blind Street" emmm

And didn't Sherry Fitzgerald always market themselves as being the real professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Oh my god the state of it :eek: I see this house regularly, I park on that street when I'm heading to work, often wondered what it was like on the inside...

I bet the neighbours are glad to see the tennants move out and the house being done up

Peatys wrote: »
    250e skip and a hoover would have the worst of it gone. Then laminate/carpet down, lick of builders magnolia, new presses in Jax and kitchen, bit of bleach in the shower..

Flip it for 75g

Edit, and is that a shed i see down the back of the garden?? Ffs, place sells itself.

A hoover? More like a few gallons of bleach, face mask , serious gloves hot water and abundant elbow grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

A hoover? More like a few gallons of bleach, face mask , serious gloves hot water and abundant elbow grease.

Looks more like a Meth lab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

That's some class pipework there alright. Definitely not done by an amateur. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

^^^^^

bd0237f7114964c8344f375b6d1752f4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Brings a new meaning to the word retrofitted

inforfun wrote: »
    ^^^^^

bd0237f7114964c8344f375b6d1752f4.png
    I wonder what's behind the sofa, the hot water cylinder perhaps :P

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

https://www.daft.ie/21826359

Not sure if this one has been posted