Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 in 1 booster for dogs

Options
  • 04-02-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

hi anyone vacinate their own dogs and so wer do u get the stuff to give the shot..only thinking of saving few quid..seen it done loads of times just want to know if people do vacinate their own dogs these days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

You can try your local chemists.Some may sell vaccinations for dogs at around €10. Just make sure you know how to do it. ;)

I vaccinate my own dogs saves so much money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

could u tell me what u ask for please.thanks...i have 2 rotty mixes that are 15 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

This might be of some interest to you: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056151249

My post on page 3 explains how to do it. If you vaccinated your dogs yourself would they still get a yearly check up at the vets?

ya i read that one i just want to know what to ask for in the chemist when it comes to vacinating my dogs...do i need to ask for 7 diff things or what.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

They only sell the booster vaccinations for dogs so thats all you have to ask for. They should give you a syringe and needle too with it.

• Advertisement

well thats great..do all chemists sell them i wonder

No, not that many i think. Where are you based?

im in clare.ill try and see anyway in my local in few days

You should be able to get them in some of the more rural chemists. I know i can in Meath anyway. Just ring a few local to you and ask do they sell dog vaccines. They are only around 12 euro.

and what do u ask for is it just dog vacines is it.thanks for ur help

• Advertisement

Yep, thats it, just the booster shots for dogs. Its called the 7 in one, 2 bottles i think you get if i remember correctly.

thats great thanks for her help

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I reopened the old thread today (in premod) because my chemist used to supply vaccines but they have had warnings not to supply without a prescription. He said that "they could no longer risk it" as there were now more inspections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

The big draw back when administering the shots yourself is that you might not be able to board your dog(s). I think most boarding kennels insist on an official vaccination card which has to be signed and stamped by your vet. "I did it myself" is easily said but hard to verify, and I can understand kennels who simply refuse to accept that.

Too often the vaccine is not administered properly, or even halved to do two dogs. Plus, an animal should never be vaccinated into a disease he may be harbouring without your knowledge. How can you tell that your dog does not have health issues at that particular time,especially if it is an older dog? It goes without saying that a thorough health check should preceed the vaccination. (I concede that there may be vets who may not adhere to this principal, but at least you have a come-back in case your dog shows a bad reaction to a vaccination)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭natdog

TaraR wrote: »
    You can try your local chemists.Some may sell vaccinations for dogs at around €10. Just make sure you know how to do it. ;)

I vaccinate my own dogs saves so much money!
    TaraR im doing my own pup he had three of his done when I got him and I need to give him his last one where in dublin did you get them.
    pm if you dont want to put the name up thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

i think its important that a puppy is done at the vets. my mate got a rotty pup last weekend. she was told pup was vax but breeder didnt have card so she decided to get pup done anyhows. i told her she should have walked. When vet checked pup over she had a serious heart murmer. She rang breeder who swapped for other pup, brought to vet same thing. He took back this pup as well. he still has them up for sale on a certain site. i think what im tryingf to say is if she hadnt brough pup to vet for vax she would never have known about the poor pup untill maybe it was to late.

Saying that i vax myself burt i bring to vet for yearly check up

Advertisement