Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding after a Smear Test!

Options
  • 04-02-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone ever get a bleed after a smear test?
    I had my test yesterday and I'm still bleeding (a little) today. I'm only on day 19 of my cycle so it's not my period.
    The doc said it could be a sign of a polyp or something in the area she swabbed, and that I should get it checked again in the first/second week of my next cycle!
    Do you think I should be worried? (coz I am !!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there,

Unfortunately none of us are able to tell you what is causing the bleeding and so we cannot diagnose whether it is something to worry about or not. If the thread was to be left open there would be a mix of people who have shared symptoms all with differing diagnosis and prognosis and so would be no more help to you than randomly googling.

Since you have to wait a while on the test, perhaps give your gyn/GP a call and ask them some questions relating directly to your case in the interim?

All the best.

Ickle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement