Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERIOUS ISSUES with Triax ST-HD537 Combi - Buyer Beware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭joeaverage

Last time I made a sat line up first and saved that on its own with no terr channels. It's no prob add transponders to the sat only list. I wonder if I start my sats at 100 would the terrestrial scan including radio work without messing up everything. I know I did have trouble renumbering at some stage, it didn't like trying to change channel numbers from single digits to 100s. But OH GOD is just about right!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Palimpsest

tks for all the sympathy and help. The terrestrial radio channels now seem to be coming in at 200 but short of manually sorting all the satellite ones from 300 onwards I can't see a fix. I could weep

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Hi, did this rescan last night, and now my painstakingly arranged channels are just all over the place, and I cannot re-number them.
    I don't know too much about these things, so just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to fix this?

(And launching an attack on RT Bloody E has crossed my mind :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

getcover wrote: »
    Hi, did this rescan last night, and now my painstakingly arranged channels are just all over the place, and I cannot re-number them.
    I don't know too much about these things, so just wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to fix this?

(And launching an attack on RT Bloody E has crossed my mind :mad:)

You need to highlight the channel you want to move and press yellow I think from memory and then type in the number you want to move it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

steveon wrote: »
    You need to highlight the channel you want to move and press yellow I think from memory and then type in the number you want to move it to.
    Thanks Steve, I am doing that, but it's not working.
    I know this was working last week, as I re-arranged a few channels.

I go to Settings > Channels > Edit (Blue button) > Renumber (yellow button) and enter the number I want, but nothing happens.

• Advertisement

I go to Settings > Channels > Edit (Blue button) > Renumber (yellow button) and enter the number I want, but nothing happens.

ok just checked and that procedure works perfectly for me, try rebooting the box...

Ur exactly rite however the radio channels also need to be taking into consideration...as they will push ure channels out as well on the 537..

So do you know if it's safe to start renumbering the sats from 100 onwards and then scan for terr when that's done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

I have the same problem. Never happened before; but after this rescan the channels won't re-number.

joeaverage wrote: »
    So do you know if it's safe to start renumbering the sats from 100 onwards and then scan for terr when that's done?

Been a while since I tuned one....sick of having to retune this receiver, I normally move to around 25 and then scan the terrestrial ..

but I would recommend starting with the terrestrial and not to move anything until after your sure you have found every channel as if you ad again later it will move the lot again.

tried all the above and still cannot get the satellites to renumber. Ended up having to add them as favourites which is poxy. Terrestrial are now 1-8 then it jumps to a blank 11 and then to all the radio stations numbered from 200 onwards!!! WTF:mad:

• Advertisement

Palimpsest wrote: »
    tried all the above and still cannot get the satellites to renumber. Ended up having to add them as favourites which is poxy. Terrestrial are now 1-8 then it jumps to a blank 11 and then to all the radio stations numbered from 200 onwards!!! WTF:mad:

weird I can move them no problem with latest software revision 4.1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

you are not alone had this problem with the tsc 114 last night.

i think i have it cracked when you go into channel manager hit the blue button this brings up edit channels.

now start moving them around and they should renumber.............

I'm not finished yet but won't get a chance till tonite to redo.

kooga wrote: »
    you are not alone had this problem with the tsc 114 last night.

i think i have it cracked when you go into channel manager hit the blue button this brings up edit channels.

now start moving them around and they should renumber.............

I'm not finished yet but won't get a chance till tonite to redo.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1zbjprF1ZKmVE9jQ1JMRFYtcHM/edit?usp=sharing

Channel list for Tsc114 just need to add your terrestrial setup....switch lcn off before you do...

Yes Steveon it worked fine with the new version software 4.1.1 the problem arose when I rescanned the triax as per saorview's instructions. I suppose it is too much to hope that Triax will produce a fix.......

Yes Steveon it worked fine with the new version software 4.1.1 the problem arose when I rescanned the triax as per saorview's instructions. I suppose it is too much to hope that Triax will produce a fix.......

Ok what you need to do to solve your problem is to backup your channel list as it is messed up. I would recommend doing one or 2 copies on different usb pens as I've had problems getting the software to read a few times with these boxes...

factory default the box and just tune the terrestrial channels ...then do a software upgrade with your channel list and you should now be able to move them again...annoying but only way I can see to solve your problem.

I think you/we should throw our poxy Triax ST-HD 537 combi set top box in a skip. They must be the biggest piece of sh** I have ever come across. Imagine a product with over 570 posts complaining about one thing or another. Maybe we should start a campaign and bring our issues to TRIAX or to their Irish distributors. This is nothing short of scandalous.

Ok what you need to do to solve your problem is to backup your channel list as it is messed up. I would recommend doing one or 2 copies on different usb pens as I've had problems getting the software to read a few times with these boxes...

factory default the box and just tune the terrestrial channels ...then do a software upgrade with your channel list and you should now be able to move them again...annoying but only way I can see to solve your problem.

OK ran first time installation. Terrestrial tv took the 1 to 9 slots terrestrial radio took the 200+ slots. Satellite channels started appearing all marked 000.
    Took about 15 mins to complete.
    Terrestrial are now 1 to 8
    channel 9, 10 and 12 to 16 are missing.
    everything else looks ok.

then loaded setting from USB stick and terrestrial channels disappear and satellites sort from 101 onwards.

So I run a terrestrial retune and it sticks and channel sorting also sticks!

Mind you it goes from 8 to 101 (all the channels in between have vanished) then it is fine until 132 to 199 which have disappeared but I can live with it (at least until I can afford to replace it)

Tks for all the help (mind you if there are any masochists out there who want to build a new channel list I won't object!)

OK ran first time installation. Terrestrial tv took the 1 to 9 slots terrestrial radio took the 200+ slots. Satellite channels started appearing all marked 000.
    Took about 15 mins to complete.
    Terrestrial are now 1 to 8
    channel 9, 10 and 12 to 16 are missing.
    everything else looks ok.

then loaded setting from USB stick and terrestrial channels disappear and satellites sort from 101 onwards.

So I run a terrestrial retune and it sticks and channel sorting also sticks!

Mind you it goes from 8 to 101 (all the channels in between have vanished) then it is fine until 132 to 199 which have disappeared but I can live with it (at least until I can afford to replace it)

Tks for all the help (mind you if there are any masochists out there who want to build a new channel list I won't object!)

I will be doing a new channel list but not until all the movements and channel changes are finalised However Im in Limerick so I will program a list without the terrestrial channels installed and post it on here...asap so watch this space....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Hi Steve, fair play for all the help you're giving on this thread, it's much appreciated. I'm afraid I'm having more basic issues at the minute. My current version of software on the box is 3.9.2 and no matter what I try I cannot get it to upgrade to 4.1.1. I've taken a copy of the upgrade zip file from tvtrade.ie and extracted the two files (flash_hd.oad and version.dat both of which have a date of 08/09/2012) onto my external hard drive (a WD drive with 120GB capacity). When I plug in the external drive to the box it doesn't automatically upgrade (which I believe is what should happen - in my Settings, General, Software Update it is set to Automatic). I reformatted my external drive to FAT32 to see if that would solve the problem but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong here?
    I'm doing all this as I believe from the other posts here that it would be best to have version 4.1.1 before rescanning everything in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lorcyhief

Having similar problems with this rescan

this is a nice new (post Oct 21 2013) with channel list but only for the Dublin area:

http://www.daltontv.ie/2013/10/new-channel-line-up-for-triax-st-hd-537-combi/

I am in Monaghan so am searching for one for the Clermont Carn transmitter area.

whenever I attempt to manually install the RTE channels to the above list all the stations are knocked out, back to square one- Irish stations 1-9 or so, then Irish radio channel nos 200+ then UK stations Nos 300 +) very frustrating.

attempting to manually reorder the stations never works I get to saving 19 channels and when I attempt to add a 20th one, it all goes back to square one again

TvTrade.ie http://www.tvtrade.ie/maintenance/

normally has good advice but has been offline (too much traffic?)

Lorcan

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Hi Steve, fair play for all the help you're giving on this thread, it's much appreciated. I'm afraid I'm having more basic issues at the minute. My current version of software on the box is 3.9.2 and no matter what I try I cannot get it to upgrade to 4.1.1. I've taken a copy of the upgrade zip file from tvtrade.ie and extracted the two files (flash_hd.oad and version.dat both of which have a date of 08/09/2012) onto my external hard drive (a WD drive with 120GB capacity). When I plug in the external drive to the box it doesn't automatically upgrade (which I believe is what should happen - in my Settings, General, Software Update it is set to Automatic). I reformatted my external drive to FAT32 to see if that would solve the problem but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong here?
    I'm doing all this as I believe from the other posts here that it would be best to have version 4.1.1 before rescanning everything in.

Firstly thanks for the nice comments happy to help in any way possible. I couldnt get the one on tv trades website to work either...so heres the link to it from triaxs website that worked for me. Had a few problems with this box reading usb pens countless times and had to reformat using hp usb disk tool..

http://www.triax.co.uk/upload/st-hd_537_software_update_september_2012_001.zip

Hp format tool
    http://download.cnet.com/HP-USB-Disk-Storage-Format-Tool/3000-2094_4-10974082.html

However there a few cons to this newer software in my opinion.
    1. You lose interactive text ...i.e. red button text on bbc channels a real shame.
    2. There is a slight sound delay on channel changes i.e. it takes approx 5 or 6 seconds before the sound will come on when you change channels...a bit annoying...

however I have found no more problems with the picture vanishing on the rte terrestrial channels so its a worthly upgrade if you can live without these problems that i listed above..

Thanks for that Steve. I'll try the triax ones today, although I did try them before and they didn't work - but the USB was not FAT32 at the time so it might work now. The only reason I doubt it will is that the USB drive is recognised fine - it's only the software upgrade files that don't appear to be recognised.
    I took the channel list from the Dalton TV link above (thanks Lorcan!) and it appears to have worked for the rescan in that I now have the extra 3 channels (11, 17 and 18) so I might be ok with version 3.9.2 anyway. Just one other point of note Steve, I have the features that you mentioned you get with version 4.1.1 (I don't have interactive text and there is a slight sound delay on channel change, but the HD channels work fine) - I got all these when I ran a previous upgrade as I was on an older version to 3.9.2 initially (3.8 I think it was) so maybe the upgrade did happen but it shows as 3.9.2 for some reason?
    Anyways, all I need to do now is renumber the channels to the order I had them in before and save these settings and hopefully then I'll be done for at least another year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmmh58

Hi all, I just came across this post. My parent in laws have this triad box for the last few years. The last few days a rescan required message has been appearing. I have done a terrestrial retune but the message is still there. I have read some of the recent posts on this and notice you all mention having a USB key in the bow. They do not have a USB key for this box.

Would someone mind advising on the steps we need to take to try get this crappy box to work a little better.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dddisaster

Hi, I've done the rescan and also can't renumber using the yellow button as per instruction.
    I'm wondering how I actually use the usb stick with the box as there is no option that says upgrade, only manual and auto so if anyone could, annoyingly, let me know the step by step way to upgrade I would be really grateful...and before this yoke goes out the window!!!

kmmh58 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just came across this post. My parent in laws have this triad box for the last few years. The last few days a rescan required message has been appearing. I have done a terrestrial retune but the message is still there. I have read some of the recent posts on this and notice you all mention having a USB key in the bow. They do not have a USB key for this box.

Would someone mind advising on the steps we need to take to try get this crappy box to work a little better.
    Thanks in advance.
    dddisaster wrote: »
    Hi, I've done the rescan and also can't renumber using the yellow button as per instruction.
    I'm wondering how I actually use the usb stick with the box as there is no option that says upgrade, only manual and auto so if anyone could, annoyingly, let me know the step by step way to upgrade I would be really grateful...and before this yoke goes out the window!!!

Folks I'm no expert with this thing - far from it! But what I did was to download the channel list from the DaltonTV link above (http://www.daltontv.ie/2013/10/new-channel-line-up-for-triax-st-hd-537-combi/) onto my external harddrive and then connected this hard drive to the box (via USB cable which plugs into a port at the back of the box, beside where the power cable goes in). I then went to Menu, Information, and enter in the digits 1475 (I know it's a bit of a daft way of going about it!). Then choose load settings from USB drive (note you may need to wait a couple of minutes after plugging in the USB cable before the box recognises it).
    This loads the new Saorview channels (11, 17 and 18) and it worked for me. However it means you lose all your previous channel numbering so I had to renumber them all to what I had before (took me about 20 minutes as I tend to delete a lot of the rubbish satellite channels).
    There may be better ways and you may run into issues with the steps I provided (for example you may need to ensure your external hard drive is formatted to FAT32) - but one thing is for sure - nothing is straightforward with this box!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dddisaster

Thanks, Ceist Beag. For whatever reason, when I click on 'menu' I don't actually have a tab that says 'information' which is why I can't load from the usb. The Dalton page seems to be gone now as well but I'm more interested in updating the box so I can put the kids channels together, news channels and so on.
    If I can find out where the 'information' tab is on my box and update it with the usb stick I don't mind having to renumber and organise.
    But, yeah, nothing has been straightforward with this box since I bought it!
    Remember at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Ark was 'activated' and it destroyed everyone? Well...Triax ST-HD537. Say no more.

dddisaster wrote: »
    Thanks, Ceist Beag. For whatever reason, when I click on 'menu' I don't actually have a tab that says 'information' which is why I can't load from the usb. The Dalton page seems to be gone now as well but I'm more interested in updating the box so I can put the kids channels together, news channels and so on.
    If I can find out where the 'information' tab is on my box and update it with the usb stick I don't mind having to renumber and organise.
    But, yeah, nothing has been straightforward with this box since I bought it!
    Remember at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Ark was 'activated' and it destroyed everyone? Well...Triax ST-HD537. Say no more.

to get to the info page
    press menu
    press up once to highlite information
    press ok
    key in 1475

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frosty1980

Hi done rescan on Friday and since then the BCC channels keeps flickering.
    Software version is V3.8.1 - I check the setting in Settings > General > Upgrade Software and its set to automatic.

I see some of your mention version 4.1.1 do I need to upgrade then to solve this flickering??
    RTE channels are fine.... yeah numbers all messed up after rescan but can handle that.. its the picture flickering that annoying.
    Anyone else have this issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Are these 'flickering' channels being received via satellite or terrestrial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Frosty1980

Satellite

Advertisement