Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cricinfo fantasy cricket world cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

I do,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

TheDrog wrote: »
    Are you sure you put the right code in? No Thicken Chikkas in the league or waiting to join.

Actually, think I might have missed out confirming the enrollment in the league. Apologies..

Showing up in pending members now!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

you're in now

you're in now

Cheers and yay, straight to the top of the league (for the time being at least!).

With Watto (my captain) top scoring and likely to chip in with a wicket or two, hopefully will stay there for at least 24 hours..:D

53 people in the league now are there even 53 people posting here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

I was looking through the list in the League and was thinking that myself, :confused:...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fairly sure there are people with a couple of teams, unless the cricket forum is going to get a whole lot busier!

could also be random people typing numbers in and seeing if they get accepted

Well the Boards league is obviously the place to be seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I dont post in here - i posted a handful of times in the past - but I joined anyways as I dont post on any cricket forums.

Also, putting in ten Doeschate as an all rounder has paid off. :)

• Advertisement

im going to be a little baby here and ask if all the people in the league even have a boards.ie account...

Well I think at least 32 of them should be banned whether they have boards accounts or not. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's definitely made it more competitive, finishing last out of 7 or 8 would have been a been a bit of a laugh, but being last out of 57 would be humiliating :( And 39th is a bit too close at the moment

I was talking to someone who runs this for the football365 forum and the same things has been happening there, large numbers of people randomly joining

The other thing to remember is that most of these people have used up half their transfers already and so second half points will drop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rich1987

Dont post much but have put in a team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bowling is keeping us off the bottom at the minute...Afridi 245, Southee, Gul, Zaheer..with a good contribution from McCullum as WK

Batting is yet to fire with Raina, Gayle, Amla and Ryder yet to bat...

im gutted as I had Gayle captain - hopefully he can get a wicket or two, but thankfully Darren Bravo is batting well. I put him in my accident yesterday thinking he was Dwayne Bravo!

I was talking to someone who runs this for the football365 forum and the same things has been happening there, large numbers of people randomly joining

I'm in one such FFPL league where the league manager/admin removes participants not identifying themselves (but its is also a paid one @€;20 per participant)
    The other thing to remember is that most of these people have used up half their transfers already and so second half points will drop

It depends on the strategy used, most of the one-sided games tend to be in the earlier part of the group stages when the associate teams are caught cold by the test playing nations, though it doesn't always work that way.

The one that works for me (usually anyway) is to try and keep at least one player from the stronger teams after an initial spree and swap for more players for the current game if necessary (especially when they are playing the minnows). Not a rigid strategy but its working well so far for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmynippy

some of the leaders are in a lot of leagues.Thats commitment for you.I can barely keep watch on one.

yeah and some of them have **** all transfers left. Ive used 13, but im gonna have to stop for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

yeah and some of them have **** all transfers left. Ive used 13, but im gonna have to stop for a week.

I only have 12 transfers left, but I quite happy with my current team. Will have to be very conservative with my transfers over the coming days.

I'm happy I had Misbah, Afridi as Captain and Akhtar and Sangakkara :D...

Cremated wrote: »
    I'm happy I had Misbah, Afridi as Captain and Akhtar and Sangakkara :D...

Putting in Kemar Roach for the Netherlands game paid off for me, but ive lost a lot of points choosing my captain badly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Until about 25 overs out, I was expecting Trott to be in contention with Swann for some MOTM points..oh well:pac:

Got all giddy, knew I had an O'Brien. :)
    Sadly, I have Niall. :mad:

Woohoo! Upto the dizzying heights of the top (and 35th overall :D)..

Just made two changes today - Guptill and Roach both as captains - and struck pay dirt with both of them ending up as MOM in their respective games.

23 games to go and 13 transfers left, gonna be difficult to hold onto the top spot!

Can you select two captains?, for example I had Price as my captain but when should I have swapped him for Gayle so they both would have counted?...

Cremated wrote: »
    Can you select two captains?, for example I had Price as my captain but when should I have swapped him for Gayle so they both would have counted?...

No, you can't have two captains.. You are supposed to change your captains once the coin is tossed in the first game - any changes after that take effect only for the next game.

reb73 wrote: »
    Woohoo! Upto the dizzying heights of the top (and 35th overall :D)..

Just made two changes today - Guptill and Roach both as captains - and struck pay dirt with both of them ending up as MOM in their respective games.

23 games to go and 13 transfers left, gonna be difficult to hold onto the top spot!
    I didnt know you could select two captains on a day with 2 fixtures. Pity.. I had Roach alright but I didnt put him captain. Like a bollox I put in Jacob Oram and he didnt even play.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have Dilshan as captain for today's game?

(144 off 131 balls and 4 wickets for 4 runs off 3 overs + MOM + captain's bonus = a whopping 922 points :D)

Advertisement