Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any interesting blogs/ websites out there?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I've a lot of time on my hands with being off work sick. The internet is boring me as I never deviate from the same sites.
    Does anyone have any recommendations of blogs or websites that may keep me occupied?
    I like cooking, crafting, reading and music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

http://www.thepioneerwoman.com

There's a mix of everday, photography & cooking on it. I'm addicted to the photography section, but you'll love the cooking section, I'm always starving when I read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

For music, you might check out Hype Machine. It's a music blog that takes the best of a lot of blogs and brings it together in one handy place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

http://blog.craftzine.com/

One of my favourites anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I came across this music magazine site at the end of last year and it's great to read throught the back catalogue of interviews a little every day.

Names as diverse as Slayer, Jarvis Cocker, John Lydon, Metallica, Sir Patrick Moore, Pet Shop Boys, Grandmaster Flash, Keane, Judas Priest, The Pixies, Yoko Ono, The Fall, The Bad Seeds and and a lot more besides are featured. They cover films as well and the whole thing could be descibed as "leftfield".

I've found some great stuff on the KLF and all aspects of Factory Records in the library...

http://thequietus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

ElleEm wrote: »
    I've a lot of time on my hands with being off work sick. The internet is boring me as I never deviate from the same sites.
    Does anyone have any recommendations of blogs or websites that may keep me occupied?
    I like cooking, crafting, reading and music.

Do you like knitting, crocheting, spinning, dyeing or weaving? are you a member of Ravelry? It's by far the best free site out there for those hobbies/work IMO.
    Over 1 million members all around the world, many thousands of patterns (to buy and free), thousands of groups (lots of Irish ones) to discuss not just knitting etc but whatever possible interest you have (yes, there are groups for EVERYTHING imaginable including books, music and cooking). I adore Ravelry :D
    Be warned though, it's very addictive and can be a huge time suck. ;)

Advertisement