Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm in the Dukes Archives now, I'm guessing I have to fight Seath again properly, not looking forward to that :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    I'm in the Dukes Archives now, I'm guessing I have to fight Seath again properly, not looking forward to that :(

Did you kill grave lord nito? You're making good ground now.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you kill grave lord nito? You're making good ground now.

No I got sick of those giant skeletons so went off exploring, I remembered that big gold fog gate in Anor Londo so had a gawk up there. Only places I've already seen but havent spent much time in are the New Londo Ruins and the Valley of Drakes, which I only legged through. Did the Great Hollow earlier, I laughed way too hard at one of the mini mushrooms falling on it's face, I dunno why I found it so funny :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

No I got sick of those giant skeletons so went off exploring, I remembered that big gold fog gate in Anor Londo so had a gawk up there. Only places I've already seen but havent spent much time in are the New Londo Ruins and the Valley of Drakes, which I only legged through. Did the Great Hollow earlier, I laughed way too hard at one of the mini mushrooms falling on it's face, I dunno why I found it so funny :pac:

Kill them!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Haha, yeah I legged it out of there the first time too. Think I ended up leaving Nito til very last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

As I stand before the final fog wall in the Kiln of the first flame, I ponder on my experience of Dark Souls, the 1st playthrough..the countless hours spent, the joy, the frustration...

I realise, feck, I never went to the Painted World!!

So I swiftly turn and run off, back to the Painted World and to kill all the NPCs for the lulz!

Hurray for Dark Souls!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

As I stand before the final fog wall in the Kiln of the first flame, I ponder on my experience of Dark Souls, the 1st playthrough..the countless hours spent, the joy, the frustration...

I realise, feck, I never went to the Painted World!!

So I swiftly turn and run off, back to the Painted World and to kill all the NPCs for the lulz!

Hurray for Dark Souls!!!

Ha I remember Miss Calex "supervising" me during painted world, still my favorite area in the game and scolding me for killing the boss there because she was cute, and she then was also disappointed the tail cut and kill did not result in getting a nice white fluffy set of armor /girls /insert rolled eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv been plodding my way through this and am now at the gargoyles in the roof. Sweet Jesus!!!! How am I supposed to kill them

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv been plodding my way through this and am now at the gargoyles in the roof. Sweet Jesus!!!! How am I supposed to kill them

make yourself human, and you'll be able to summon a guy called solaire just before the fog gate, you should have met him before the bridge with the dragon. There's a fellow called lautrec who you can summon too but you have to free him from his jail cell first.

With one or both of them helping you you'll beat the gargoyles easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Drake sword cuts through them easily enough. If you are a Pyromancer then the pyro flame does a good chunk of damage as well.

Alternatively if you have neither best best is to just upgrade whatever weapon you have to +5 and summon help (either another player or summon Solaire)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Be careful summoning help. A lot of players doing co-op these days will just wreck the boss for you taking away the challenge. As said above, summoning Solaire or Lautrec would be my choice.

If you found some gold pine resin in a chest back in Undead Burg use that one whatever weapon you're using and it should make short work of them, if you get through the first one before the other turns up it's not too bad.

Got through the Duke's Archives, it's a handy enough area nothing too challenging. The Crystal Cave is annoying though stepped on the wrong side of a platform with a golem on it and slid off, gahhh.

Got through the Duke's Archives, it's a handy enough area nothing too challenging. The Crystal Cave is annoying though stepped on the wrong side of a platform with a golem on it and slid off, gahhh.

Did you try get the blue titanite slab? It's nerve wracking. If you're heading for seeth it's grand as the bridges are straight but the bridge out to the slab is all over the place.

Did you try get the blue titanite slab? It's nerve wracking. If you're heading for seeth it's grand as the bridges are straight but the bridge out to the slab is all over the place.

Pretty easy to mark the path with arrows though, or prism stones if you're real brave D:

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Pretty easy to mark the path with arrows though, or prism stones if you're real brave D:

I used the orange soap stone and just put messages down all along it.

I just went towards the place with all the clam creatures, took a trip back to firelink and bumped up my estus flask, the warps are a godsend for stuff like that.

Seath the Scaleless down, wasn't too hard once I figured out why his bloody health kept regenerating. Did massive damage to him with a +5 crystal halberd along with great magic weapon and power within, took 5-6 hits to kill him. then i went back to Undead Asylum and killed that bloody demon, out of all the bosses in the game he gave me the biggest headache, just couldnt kill him. Mangled him with the same setup though.

Seath the Scaleless down, wasn't too hard once I figured out why his bloody health kept regenerating. Did massive damage to him with a +5 crystal halberd along with great magic weapon and power within, took 5-6 hits to kill him. then i went back to Undead Asylum and killed that bloody demon, out of all the bosses in the game he gave me the biggest headache, just couldnt kill him. Mangled him with the same setup though.

Those damn farts!

I'd imagine this was most people's reaction to beating Pinwheel

WoodyWhat1.gif

"was..was that it?"

I actually did a video today on how to defeat Pinwheel and get the Rite of Kindling in about 6 minutes from Firelink Shrine as a Level 1.

I kept meaning to do for a while but just remembering your post I did it today ;)

• Advertisement

Those damn farts!

Was ridiculous, tried keeping my distance, hit with his weapon from miles away, got in close and he'd hit over me but the fire would kill me, or bis ass stomp thing, asshole is good and dead now.

You know who are the most annoying enemies in the game? standard hollows, the ones with just a sword and no armour or only holding torches, with that stupid waving like a madman attack.

You know who are the most annoying enemies in the game? standard hollows, the ones with just a sword and no armour or only holding torches, with that stupid waving like a madman attack.

Yep Torch Hollows and Skeleton Wheels are worse than any boss in the entire game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Skeleton Wheels

*shakes fist* :mad:

Yep Torch Hollows and Skeleton Wheels are worse than any boss in the entire game.

After I killed the asylum demon I had about 30k+ souls, stroll out the door of the asylum, swung at the first one and killed him with a zweihander and then the others rang in swinging torches and killed me, was like "did that actually fcuking happen" :mad: And yeah those stupid wheel skeletons are a pain as well

Also when fighting the Stray Demon and if you have high Faith, using the Magical Barrier miracle reduces damage from his farts a ton amount.

I actually did a video today on how to defeat Pinwheel and get the Rite of Kindling in about 6 minutes from Firelink Shrine as a Level 1.

I kept meaning to do for a while but just remembering your post I did it today ;)

Dead handy to know, that Catacombs shortcut is the job

Was ridiculous, tried keeping my distance, hit with his weapon from miles away, got in close and he'd hit over me but the fire would kill me, or bis ass stomp thing, asshole is good and dead now.

Stay under and directly behind him, just make sure you move when he actually slams. Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If I'm playing as a cleric I'll usually homeward bone to the bonfire to spend the souls then make the trek back to pinwheels area. Then it a quick dodge and run down to the tombs to collect the large divine ember. really only have to dodge one giant skelly and an arrow or two to get into the ember room. I just grab it and let the giants kill me. Bam. Back at firelink with rite of kindling and the large divine ember ready to get to the moonlight butterfly, means I can have faith scaling weapons that are actually worth it for Sens/Andor whatever.
    If I'm feeling especially brave I'll also do the Patches and Rhea part so I can get Wrath of Gods and stuff early too ;)

I don't think I can wait for Dark Souls two any more. I'm off to freeze myself. Wake me when its out.

s10e12_480.jpg

It's mad how much of the game you can skip, been watching speedruns of stuff I've already seen and guys getting things like the two bells rung in less than 20 minutes and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

It's mad how much of the game you can skip, been watching speedruns of stuff I've already seen and guys getting things like the two bells rung in less than 20 minutes and the like.

Seen a guy finish in around 30 minutes. He glitches through the door into the kiln skipping the 4 lords but getting the lordvessel in around 25 minutes is impressive.

I haven't watched any but see videos claiming all bosses beaten(not dlc) in around two hours.

Advertisement