Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Royal Rumble Thread - Live and Spoilers Galore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I think it was better than you're all making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

2-6
    joe123 wrote: »
    What?? Well that makes as much sense as a bag of mash potato.

Wow WWE is ****tier than I even remember when I stopped watching it a year or so ago.

Might watch wrestlemania but untill then, I wouldnt watch this **** again untill then.

The Attitude era seems so long ago now.

Sure some guys have been eliminated by being assaulted on the way to the ring and just not returning....

Tonight was one of the reasons I will never pay for a WWE PPV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Didnt even notice this thread i was posting in the ppv streams thread lol ...

Del Rio won ... an unpredictable move by wwe. which is good.

HOWEVER!
    they push him, and sh*t on him at the same time. Santino comes in and connects a move that was famous for never connecting it at one point. Not to mention if that was John Cena seemingly the last man in the ring, do you think santino would of been scripted to come out?

Classic wwe. Push a guy with one hand, hold him back with the other. Its no different from winning the world title because of a run in. Aka, here hold this ball, play with it. just dont "run" with it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

I am just glad that super cena or orton didnt win. Del Rio i dont mind him winning but yeah most of the rumble was poor at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,059 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dean820 wrote: »
    I think it was better than you're all making out.

Ill have what drugs your having :D

Because any sane person would see that was probably 1 of the worse Rumbles ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Worst Rumble ever!!!!!

Too many comedy spots, badly timed, Orton & Ziggler entering was a load of bollix, 40 men just dragged it too much, Del Rio winning shows they don't give a **** about the Rumble anymore as he won't be main eventing Wrestlemania cos Cena/Miz will, they didn't give a **** about any former champs (Sheamus & Swagger were treated like midcards), Morrison, Byran and Punk deserved more, and once again super Cena gets cheated out of it only for the enivitable to happen at Mania when he defies the odds and beats Miz, the end rushed as usual. Up until Cena entered it was watchable. Glad I didn't pay for it.

2-6
    I really hope Del Rio does go to Mania but I can't help but get the feeling he'll be booked to put his Mania shot on the line and lose it....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Happened loads of times before.
    What?? Well that makes as much sense as a bag of mash potato.

Hes right. Its been done to death.

For example, the year that some wrestler (cant for the life of me remember) kept on going back in after being eliminated.
    And that was IN the attitude era before everyone starts jumping on the "Oh it was better back in 2001" crap.
    They kept on eliminating people even though they werent in the match anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Headshot wrote: »

Any properly sane person wouldn't have watched it til the end.

... Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

WTF!! Got up to A-Ri coming back to within Cole's eyesight and my stream went, then all I hear is "Cobra!! Cobra!!" and nothing else... How annoying, delighted it was ADR tho, since Punk got eliminated I only wanted him to win out of all there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

It was a shame Punk got eliminated so early, would have liked to seen him in there in the last four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What a load of Bull****.That was a bigger mess than Husky Harris.Cena got eliminated by someone who wasn't even in the match(not that i'm a fan but hello LOGIC,come here for a minute).Del Rio doesn't deserve it jesus only he debuted 6 months ago.He is great but its too soon. Oh no HHH too,doubt he wanted to be involved in a Car Wreck like that match was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Headshot wrote: »
    Ill have what drugs your having :D

I agree. Maybe im looking back with rose tinted glasses but bloody hell I remember the Royal Rumbles of the attitude era being bloody epic. 20+ guys in the ring battering each other.

This just looked sparse and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

6-14
    The match highlighted the lack of stars in WWE. Cena and Orton had the big babyface stand off which has been done loads of times over the years with Austin/Rock, Hogan/Warrior etc yet they got zero reaction tonight and they are the most popular guys at present.

It says a lot that the biggest reactions were for Diesel and Booker. Guys that haven't been around in years.

They have taken a long time to build new stars and they are paying for it but at least they are trying now with Del Rio.

2-6
    Realistically whats the point of extending the numbers by 10 if you're not going to use it effectively.

Hornswoggle, Orton, Ziggler shouldn't have been in there.

Bring back Nash, bring back Booker, but don't book them to look hugely incapable. When they brought back Hennig in 2001 or 2002 he remained til the final four, but having these guys return to be made look crap was silly.

And then you have the fodder for Nexus....

And then when you think that the number of 40 is for Nexus/Corre and then there's barely any interaction apart from the start.....

There was no need for 40 men. Bad bad bad booking by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,059 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I agree. Maybe im looking back with rose tinted glasses but bloody hell I remember the Royal Rumbles of the attitude era being bloody epic. 20+ guys in the ring battering each other.

This just looked sparse and predictable.

exactly Joe

that's what I loved about the Rumbles

not this ****e with nexus and cena, who ever booked that should be fired on the spot

I feel sorry for people who actually bought that ppv

2-6
    CMpunked wrote: »

For example, the year that some wrestler (cant for the life of me remember) kept on going back in after being eliminated.
    And that was IN the attitude era before everyone starts jumping on the "Oh it was better back in 2001" crap.

Foley. He entered as Jack, came back as Mankind mid-way and then at #28ish he was Dude Love.

Piss-take.

They have taken a long time to build new stars and they are paying for it but at least they are trying now with Del Rio.

Pushing with one hand, holding back with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Personally I thought it was terrible was the first PPV I have watched all the way through in a year and given the standard tonight, in what was suppose to be one of the biggest events of the year, I don't think i'll watching another event until 'Mania. Glad Del Rio got a push and Cena/Orton didn't win but still that ending was desperate. Even Booker T and Nash were good surprises but they didn't accomplish anything. Overall im just glad I didn't pay for the thing ...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CMpunked wrote: »

Mankind, Dude Love and Cactus Jack were all different guys!
    It's still real to me, damn it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

6-14
    Would have been more dramatic if they gave Wade Barrett and The Core the spot that Punk and Nexus had and left Punk in for the final four instead.

Thats me done for the WWE for a few months anyways,gonna give TNA another try,at least their PPV's dont cost 22 feckin quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Gone are the days when RR meant something, now it seems like the company isn't taking it as serious anymore. And why on earth are people going against Orton, the man's a legend!!!! :pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

6-14
    Rumble started well but went down hill soon afterwards. Booked too late in my opinion. A match with 40 participants needs to be thought through with plenty of time and well built up. How long are the new nexus and the corre together and yet they were a massive influence in the rumble. That has it's plus points but not too positive about how they were eliminated. Alberto del rio as the winner is absolutely magic imo even though he had to endure a sh**y ending. The man is pure gold to match his trunks. Gotta say I'm starting to get the buzz back bout wrestling lately. Dos caras jr is the man

2-6
    Anyone get the feeling they were trying to preserve HBK's record as the most successful Rumbler ever in terms of eliminations?

Kane only needed 3 to tie with HBK and this year they effectively make him an afterthought despite years of domination...

2-6
    jebforever wrote: »
    Gone are the days when RR meant something, now it seems like the company isn't taking it as serious anymore. And why on earth are people going against Orton, the man's a legend!!!! :pac::cool:

No personality at all yet just remains at the top due to the lack of anyone below him being somewhat worthy of stepping up to the top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The whole product stinks for me and it wouldnt be near as bad if wasnt for this pg bollox there feeding to there fans.

Ffs its sad to compare this to years back when you got pumped and got chills watching Austin hhh the rock taker etc with proper full on storylines and adult level viewing. Everything from the bloody ****e poppy theme songs for events and wrestlers entrances to super Cena being made into some kinda never say die role model for kids......... jesus :rolleyes:

Biggest mistake they ever made and it will kill wrestling in the long run if it has not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

6-14
    I still can't believe that ending. I think they thought having Santino come in would add drama but it just came across as another comical moment in a match that had too many. Santino is treated as a midcard comedy act ffs.

Triple H eliminated Angle to win it, Taker eliminated Michaels, Lesnar eliminated Taker, Rey eliminated Orton, Del Rio eliminated...Santino? WTF?

Anyone get the feeling they were trying to preserve HBK's record as the most successful Rumbler ever in terms of eliminations?

Kane only needed 3 to tie with HBK and this year they effectively make him an afterthought despite years of domination...

Because its been heavily reported michaels is being inducted into the hall of fame 2011.

WWE only pis*es over guys who have no deals with the company.

I still can't believe that ending. I think they thought having Santino come in would add drama but it just came across as another comical moment in a match that had too many. Santino is treated as a midcard comedy act ffs.

Triple H eliminated Angle to win it, Taker eliminated Michaels, Lesnar eliminated Taker, Rey eliminated Orton, Del Rio eliminated...Santino? WTF?

Classic wwe politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No personality at all yet just remains at the top due to the lack of anyone below him being somewhat worthy of stepping up to the top level.

I hate watching Cena get all the attention though, why doesn't Randy deserve some accolades? After all being the youngest world champion in history is no mean feat. And when he's in character as the Viper he's just immense entertainment in the ring with the RKO and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement