Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my Serious phobia problem

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Im wondering if anyone feels like me, This illness has seriously affected my life. I have been to doctors etc and they had no answers but put me on a 30 day course of Anti d's 10mg.... which never helped.

About 4 years ago i started getting PVC's (heart palpitations).... these made me feel very weak and uneasy, and at night i found it very hard to sleep. So this is happening for a while,

Then

Im in town doing Xmas shopping outside penny's when i feel like my heart has stopped... My lower back heats up and im disalushioned... i feel lost and dying... my lower back hurts and i get some weird feeling in my upper chest. Im starting to loose control and cant find a way out. My breath becomes pacy and i feel my chest tightening. Now im holding my chest and rubbing vigarously... All i can do is head to my car to find a place to lie down.....
    this lasts 1 to 2 hours before i can drive home again..

They constantly happen to me when i least expect them to wether im driving or lying in bed.... Lately i notice that my palms have become very sweaty and then i feel a bang on my chest and off it goes again... I am now afraid to go to town in fear of this... just christmas gone i had a major repeat of this and i had to drink 2 bottles of water.

I know this sounds weird but its having a drastic affect on my life.

I feel like a prisoner in this body, and when this happens i cant escape...

REDDEVILFAN
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 giz_a_job

Hi,
    God that sounds scary, and familar.

I've been suffering from claustrophobia for many years and any time I get panic attack, its very similar to your experiance when xmas shipping.
    I too have had the racy pulse, stabbing pains, incl the back, but is always from my claustrophia, and I know it.

It rarly hapens when driving, maybe in town, but never on the m/way TG.

I've been able to deal with it when in work up until xmas,, see my story at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70988536#post70988536
    But now work has changed, and I'm in a bad way.

Can I ask you. have you seeked assistance, or where to do you turn for help ?
    I dont tell anyone my problem, and I often become known for just leaving a room without explanation, they just think I'm quirky, and I'm ok with that, but I'm not ok with friends and workmates knowning why I do it.
    My wife of 10 years has still not realised whats happening, she just thinks its what I do, and knows no better.

Now I'm waking up at night with my heart racing and gasping for breath, its ok after about 10 mins, but it scares the b-jaysus out of me every time.

Advertisement