Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic at Clonsilla Train Station Bridge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Justask wrote: »
    Can you imagine if the kids were still in school :eek:

Primary still is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

oblivious wrote: »
    Primary still is

Sorry meant to say 'all' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi all sorry for bringing this thread up but I would like to know if a bridge over the train tracks of the clonsilla train station has been built ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

No. There is no flyover of the railway at Clonsilla station.

joolsveer wrote: »
    No. There is no flyover of the railway at Clonsilla station.

thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

There are new traffic lights in though. Which IMO have made a huge improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Hi all sorry for bringing this thread up but I would like to know if a bridge over the train tracks of the clonsilla train station has been built ?

Not yet but there are plans to build one up around the hospital area towards the far side of the allotments or there abouts and close the existing road that goes over the bridge or make it local access only. There will be a flyover in Clonsilla and at Porterstown so it will be only traffic lights to contend with then.

amdublin wrote: »
    There are new traffic lights in though. Which IMO have made a huge improvement.

Has it though? when the gates are closed you could be still stuck in traffic even with the green light in your favour.

I have to get to Maynooth tomorrow at 9. So I'm thinking of getting the 7:30 bus from blanch to lucan.

Realistically it should take 30min. But with the delay at the train station especially when train passing I could be stuck there for up to 10min.

• Advertisement

Train to Maynooth not do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I have to get to Maynooth tomorrow at 9. So I'm thinking of getting the 7:30 bus from blanch to lucan.

Realistically it should take 30min. But with the delay at the train station especially when train passing I could be stuck there for up to 10min.

Why go to Lucan, couldn't you get the train locally (Castleknock/Coolmine/clonsilla) to Maynooth? Short walk to Maynooth village & university.

I'm on tight budget so I either take the bus or the train bus is on feasible for me as I live about 40min walk from train station.

So I took the 7.30 bus today there a was hold at the clonsilla train station for approx 5min.

I will get it tomorrow to see if it'll be the same.

Advertisement