Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Haven't touched a drop in...

1131132133134135137»

Comments

• Addiction is giving up everything for one thing.

Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

• Binge drinker here.

Nearly 4 weeks sober.

I had to give it up, im diabetic,trying to lose weight.

And the last night i had a drink i made a holy show of myself.Hated feeling tired for days after and i was letting my exercise slip because of it.

I have had a few close calls over the last week,but i worked through it.Even though i ate a load of crap still better than the alcohol..

• 5 years and two weeks.

havent missed it at all. Joined a gym, and go there three or four times a week... I couldn’t have contemplated that when I was drinking regularly...Health is what it’s about.

im about 5’11” but weighed 93kgs at my heaviest, 82kgs now... a healthy and safe weight for my height much of the weight too is muscle over gut which used be the reverse..

ive so much more energy, I was drinking pretty much exclusively at night to deal with pretty bad insomnia, influenced by a pretty unhealthy work situation and was victim of a pretty malevolent work environment / toxic relationship with a supervisor... piled with work while certain older creatures got away with making a career of being actively retired, spending half the day yapping/smoking yet still coming in and being on the payroll.

Learned a lesson, health, wellbeing first... feel great now.

• When I go to bed tonight it will be day 8. Early days. I look forward to it being in double digits, and then triple digits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement