Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Website ** Motoring **

• 26-01-2011 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I've just finished and opened my new site. It's a (or hopefully will be a) directory to build threads from Ireland.

www.buildthreadsIRL.net

any suggestions or ideas you have would be great. Site does need a bit more content.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I little more content ? There is no content !

What is the site about, when i first visited the site, first thing i thought is, what the hell is this about and quickly closed it. Without any content or indication of what the site is about your not going to go anywhere with this site.

To me this is nothing more than an empty wordpress blog with a pre-made theme. Whats to review ?

Sorry to be harsh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BTIRL

Overflow wrote: »
    I little more content ? There is no content !

What is the site about, when i first visited the site, first thing i thought is, what the hell is this about and quickly closed it. Without any content or indication of what the site is about your not going to go anywhere with this site.

To me this is nothing more than an empty wordpress blog with a pre-made theme. Whats to review ?

Sorry to be harsh !
    Thanks for the response. I forgot to publish the first blog... please have a look again. There is also a about page telling you all about us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

What is a build thread? Explain it properly and early on the homepage.

Grey text hasn't got enough contrast, make it darker.

Rework the nav menu to seperate the links better.

Reduce the space above the logo.

Advertisement