Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And the winner is...Micheal Martin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nope, he's not in my constituency

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jennnn

Not in mine either, but would it make you consider voting a FF candidate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

Couldn't care less if it's MeHole or Sweary Mary. They're a shower of corrupt, thieving b'stards and I wouldn't p'ss on them let alone give them my vote.

That's better.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Bit disappointed. He's good, but a bit spineless. Would've preferred Brian Lenihan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im a little suprised about how much I dont care about this news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Thank you i will be sure to give him my vote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yay i won €21

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would have prefered Lenihan myself but since i'm not going to vote for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

he got in at a better time than cowen anyway - that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Up Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

They're all a shower of yellow cúnts and could have stuck Bob the builder in as leader. Any idiot that's gonna vote FF is gonna do it regardless of who's in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Not too surprising, was never going to be Lenihan because he was too high up in the mess that Fianna Fail have made of the country. Not saying Martin isn't culpable or anything but Lenihan has been minister for Fianance through this whole debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

They're all a shower of yellow cúnts and could have stuck Bob the builder in as leader. Any idiot that's gonna vote FF is gonna do it regardless of who's in charge.

Bob the builder is a union man - we'd never take apart the croke park agreement with that chap at the helm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

When did AH become more about politics and less about the colour of water? More water!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Lenihan should consider running for president now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Paddy Power had already paid out on this, they know all.
    I've never voted FF in my lifetime, which was just the once in 2007, and can't see myself voting for them in the next 10 years either.
    This guy reminds me of a garda traffic corps for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Chin-less, spine-less, wit-less coward. Michael Martin is ineffectual and dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

They fvucked up. Lenihan would have been better for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Do i care...... no not really.

Like the slogan they had for one of their election campaigns a few years back.

A lot done more to do. Now we know exactly what it meant. Or more like who they done :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Was cheering for Brian Lenihan, just cos it would make him feel better and he seems like a nice guy, and I'm soft like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The job of the incoming Fianna Fail leader is not to run the country but to rebuild the party, which has been devestated by a withdrawel of talent in recent times.

As a rebuilder, I think Martin is a good choice; if there was a chance of the leader becoming Taoiseach, then Lenihan would have been the man.

Not voting for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Dave! wrote: »
    Was cheering for Brian Lenihan, just cos it would make him feel better and he seems like a nice guy, and I'm soft like that :)

There's not going to be a bailout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Goodness knows what Leninhan was thinking even trying for the job, in fact why has he not retired to enjoy his life. There must be better things he can do with friends/family etc while he is still well enough to do so.

/do-gooding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tiger2

Well done Michael - believe it or not he is the most incompetent person they could have chosen - universally accepted that he was the worst minister of health ever - did nothing and passed everything down the line.

Leader of a sinking ship - hope they all have no lifejackets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭strewthelvis

if nothing else lenihan has shown himself to be a total sheep. Why people would prefer him to martin is beyone me. Total spineless git even his own party members hate him for his turncoat ways. Another man i can see suddenly retiring now on health grounds catching the politican epidimic and leaving on medical advice, nothing at all to do with the big pay cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The job of the incoming Fianna Fail leader is not to run the country but to rebuild the party, which has been devestated by a withdrawel of talent in recent times.

As a rebuilder, I think Martin is a good choice; if there was a chance of the leader becoming Taoiseach, then Lenihan would have been the man.

Not voting for them anyway.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

JohnathanM wrote: »
    Couldn't care less if it's MeHole or Sweary Mary. They're a shower of corrupt, thieving b'stards and I wouldn't p'ss on them let alone give them my vote.

That's better.
    Oh I'd piss all over them alright. After a night out...after 12 pints...and with my piss stinking of and as effectual as acid.

Advertisement