Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flair left behind in Ireland - Argument with management

Options
  • 25-01-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭

According to reports Flair refused to board the bus to head to Germany after looking for a financial advance for the tour. TNA simply left him behind after he refused to travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Source

LETS GO FIND HIM!
    He can stay with me. :cool:

Heres another source:

Prowrestling.net

The hunt for flair is on!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

CMpunked wrote: »
    Source

LETS GO FIND HIM!
    He can stay with me. :cool:

I'd hate to see your bar tab in the local if he did :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WOOO!

*Grabs the butterfly net and goes hunting Flair...*

WOOO!

Good man Shadow. You check sarches and ill go to mcphails...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MicklesMe

I just read that Flair has pulled out of the TNA tour after he requested more money for the tour. this request was declined and he didnt get on the bus with the rest of the crew.

I was fourtunite to see Flair last night in Dublin,Ireland. I have to say the man is a CLASS act.

I cant help but imagine this is like a big name such as Cena pull from a tour, and usually when Cena is unable to make tours they offer refunds..

Do you see TNA doing this? I certainly dont. This is Flair,AJ AND Angle all gone from a tour, and quite frankly, arent they the biggest household names? Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MicklesMe

I was fourtunite to see Flair last night in Dublin,Ireland. I have to say the man is a CLASS act.

I cant help but imagine this is like a big name such as Cena pull from a tour, and usually when Cena is unable to make tours they offer refunds..

Do you see TNA doing this? I certainly dont. This is Flair,AJ AND Angle all gone from a tour, and quite frankly, arent they the biggest household names? Thoughts?

MicklesMe wrote: »

Hmmm..
    Well if we were in somewhere thats yet to have a show, germany, england etc, i would be feeling very pissed off.
    The fact that TNA could have just paid him and none of this wouldve happened would probably be my reaction.

In saying that, he did only come out for one match and didnt really get as involved as i expected him to. Considering they dubed it "The wooo tour".
    So maybe its not that big of a deal to TNA if they were planning on using flair the same way for the rest of the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WOOO!

My Dog scared off a Ric Flair tonite,darn it. I hope he didn't let that Flair for Taoiseach chant go to his head.Vote Buachallí Nádúr for Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

mentioned the radisson last nite, maybe he's there.. me, personally, i really think he's staying and is going for the taoiseach.. reckon it pays more than tna and wwe and u dont have fook all to do :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think we should all find him and party

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angle had to go home too for the birth of his daughter didn't he? Bad news for the tour.

Maybe Flair's heading for Coppers...Woooo!

So thats an injury, a birth and a tantrum.

Kinda covers all the angles there, doesnt it.
    Epic tour for tna so.

Id wonder who was mocking flair when the bus pulled off. That doesnt sound too respectful to be honest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So thats an injury, a birth and a tantrum.

Kinda covers all the angles there, doesnt it.
    Epic tour for tna so.

Id wonder who was mocking flair when the bus pulled off. That doesnt sound too respectful to be honest.

Ha! Wonder what the plane ride home has in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

MicklesMe wrote: »
    I just read that Flair has pulled out of the TNA tour after he requested more money for the tour. this request was declined and he didnt get on the bus with the rest of the crew.

Heard nothing but bad things around New York about him during Wrestlemania 20 weekend. But he is entertaining alright! Flair asking for more money is odd, I thought he had a contract in which it states he works a certain number of shows a year. Maybe he's worked over those number again

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

Has Flair pulled out of the entire tour or was it just the one show he's missing from? Dixie leaving all this out of her Facebook/Twitter accounts!

Does this mean that he's still in Ireland or has he returned to the States? Any sightings of him around the place??

I would love to spend the night on the lash with The Nature Boy, he'd be some fun!

Woooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

I can see him pulling one of those really angry red-faced promos as the bus was taking off, flinging his jacket around the place. He'll have no shortage of people in Ireland that'll put him up and buy him drink for a few nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

He was reportedly in Brown Thomas yesterday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ye might have noticed I haven't been online much the last few days, I've been on the mother and father of all sessions with the bauld Ric, the last time I saw him he was inside in Iskanders Kebab shop having a Woo-off with one of those massive lumps of halal lamb on a skewer and chopping the sh*t out of it. Jesus me head. A fierce sound man so he is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Here is the latest on the situation between Ric Flair and TNA.

As previously noted, Flair will be returning to the tour starting with tomorrow's event in Glasgow, Scotland. Some wrestlers rolled their eyes when they heard that he would be returning, but the decision to bring him back to the tour was a financial one. The European shows are sold out events, and with numerous changes having been made, (AJ Styles and Alex Shelley being injured, Kurt Angle returning home for a family emergency) TNA felt it best to get Flair back onto the shows to maintain good relations with the local promoters and the European fans, who kept supporting the company. This is also why Matt Hardy was added to the tour.

Among some of the wrestlers, the decision to bring Flair back will not be popular. Several performers spoke with management over the last 24 hours in an effort to have Flair sent home or even possibly let go from the company. Many performers were harsh in regards to Flair, stating that he had ruined the mood of the tour, which until this happened, was said to be calm and happy. Some are even comparing Flair to Booker T, as Booker fell out of favor with several in the company during the Germany tour last year. This was a factor in his dismissal from the company. Some talents feel sorry for Flair, including the following source…
    "The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note on. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

Another source believes that this may have been a good thing, since it may force management to deal with it first-hand and might make TNA a little more leery of continuing to bring in expensive veteran talent when the last year has shown no upside to it based on the current ratings. The source also says that the younger guys in the locker room have united against the veterans, feeling that they do all the work, while the veterans treat the company like a country club. The source had the following to say…
    "I respect what the older guys have done, but they aren't making us any money. Nothing reflects that. We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a leap forward and I really think more and more that's where TNA is. Obviously, you need some veteran talents but there's a crew here that wants to build a company and we want to focus on that, not paying someone's bar tab and having to wait for him to fight it out with Craig Jenkins [TNA Management] when he doesn't get his way."

So he was in the country with no money?!
    Dam. Suddenly i see Ric in a whole new light.

It's well documented that he's broke. Didn't he get taken to the cleaners for not paying his taxes a few years ago..probably a year before he left the WWE. No way he'd have that paid off quite yet. I was at Wrestlemania 24 for his 'retirement' match...the night before at the Hall of Fame he was plastered and kept pulling up his pants giving his speech, he looked like a desperate old drunk then to me anyway.

Ric Flair could potentially have great matches with the right opponent (someone who can put him over) but IMO he wrestled the same match over and over again through out his career

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's well documented that he's broke. Didn't he get taken to the cleaners for not paying his taxes a few years ago..

Thats what i mean, i never knew that.
    I'm glad i found this out now as opposed to after the show, i possibly would have looked at him in a different way.
    He obviously has a drink problem too. If i was TNA i would ask him to get some help for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i can just see it now, the bus is pulling away, and slic ric is on the footpath with a big red head on him shouting ''you cant drive away from me wooooooooooooo'' as he throws his coat on the ground and starts elbow dropping it, while still shouting at the bus ''wooo dont you know who i am, come back here woooo'' :D

i can just see it now, the bus is pulling away, and slic ric is on the footpath with a big red head on him shouting ''you can drive away from me wooooooooooooo'' as he throws his coat on the ground and starts elbow dropping it, while still shouting at the bus ''wooo dont you know who i am, come back here woooo'' :D

Wooooo he was probably too busy trying to get some pig faced Irish girls to take a ride on Space Mountain Wooooo! To be the man you got to beat the man and you can't do that if the man isn't in the arena Woooooo!

Then he picked a fight with a motorist

i can just see it now, the bus is pulling away, and slic ric is on the footpath with a big red head on him shouting ''you can drive away from me wooooooooooooo'' as he throws his coat on the ground and starts elbow dropping it, while still shouting at the bus ''wooo dont you know who i am, come back here woooo'' :D

You and someone else:
    pudgeydev wrote: »
    I can see him pulling one of those really angry red-faced promos as the bus was taking off, flinging his jacket around the place. He'll have no shortage of people in Ireland that'll put him up and buy him drink for a few nights!

Where in reality what it probably was, was a 60 year old man arguing with a guy outside a bus of his peers who respect him, over money.
    Being an arrogant prick and then leaving embarrassed as the bus drove off after him refusing to get back on it.
    Leaving him moneyless and his 'peers' jeering him from the bus.

You and someone else:

Where in reality what it probably was, was a 60 year old man arguing with a guy outside a bus of his peers who respect him, over money.
    Being an arrogant prick and then leaving embarrassed as the bus drove off after him refusing to get back on it.
    Leaving him moneyless and his 'peers' jeering him from the bus.

according to a wrestling website ive read that sounds about right

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Wooooo he was probably too busy trying to get some pig faced Irish girls to take a ride on Space Mountain Wooooo! To be the man you got to beat the man and you can't do that if the man isn't in the arena Woooooo!

Then he picked a fight with a motorist

i'd forget this, brilliant,wooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ericdogg

I was there in the Radisson with a few mates. Stayed till about 2-2.30. I was shocked when my mate text me the next day and told me what went down after we left. There was a great vibe in the hotel bar with pretty much all the boys. Flair was a great guy, polite and very approachable. Got the photos with him, chatted with him etc, he had some blonde with him. The last thing you would have expected was something like that to kick off. He was clearly enjoying himself...i'll never forget him singing at mickie james as she got up and walked away 'GOLDFINGERRRRRRR' (on account of her wearing gold tights/leggings or whatever.

Or him shouting over to the Hardy boys that when they are 40 years old, he will be 80 and still on tour! WHOOOOOOOO

Oh and on a side note I was very dissapointed with the low number of rizzats. :D

Advertisement