Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst sin a woman could commit!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-01-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭

This should be taken tongue in cheek!!!!:D with a slightly serious point underneath.

I am after reading the thread about texting some of which seems mildly insane to someone of my age,

It appears that the worst sin a woman could commit is to seen as needy!!! o the horror and embarrassing of someone thinking you are needy it would be worse that being a mass murderer!!!

Opinions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah, neediness beyond a certain level is a dreadfully unattractive trait - male or female. Requiring validation, approval, reassurance, permission -nothing wrong with a little bit of these now and again, that's only natural and human (I'm not sure I'd believe anyone who said they're never, ever needy ever) but on a continual basis - takes self obsession to a new level imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Neediness is a horrid trait. Be secure in yourself and not look to validate yourself off somebody else

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Not putting salt in the chicken sammich........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Jimmyboss wrote: »

Banned. Not sure what forum you thought you were in, but you weren't in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Worst sin?

Id have cheating up high in the league of bad things a woman could do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

fooling yourself that your not turning into your mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I saw the thread title

And figured it'd be breaking up a marraige, either cheating or being the "other" women
    Yeah it takes two people to do it but it's way up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

This is not After Hours - any more silly quips will result in bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Lying about paternity!

I don't think anyone thinks the worst sin a woman can commit is being needy - I'd be fairly certain it would be beaten into sixth or seventh spot by things like murder, child abuse and infidelity.

Having said that, of the lesser relationship "crimes" neediness and insecurity have to rank up there as some of the least attractive.

• Advertisement

I don't think the OP is looking for a list, I think she's looking for opinions on what she posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Sorry maybe i was being too flippant...what i was getting at was ( from the reading the txt thread and other threads ) was the need to demonstrate ( via how you answer a txt ) that you are NOT needy.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Neediness is pretty unattractive - I'd infer from it that the person was lacking in self-confidence and in need of constant reassurance, which can be exhausting. Reading the other thread, though, it does seem to be overly associated with women (although it definitely could be applied to plenty of men!) I think there is this line you have to toe when you're getting to know another person in a potential relationship scenario to put it across that you're not a needy, clingy kind of girl but one who has her own life...unfortunately I tend to veer too far on the other side of this line where they think they're not needed/wanted at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Women I know have a strange understanding of the word "needy".
    "Needy" and "clingy" go hand in hand. In other words, it's excessive neediness which is the problem.

However many women I know take this to the extreme level of "if I text first, I'll look needy" or "he never replied, better just never talk to him again or I'll seem needy".

It leads to anxiety and stress on a level which boggles my mind. Newsflash: There is nothing wrong, in most guys' mind, with a woman taking initiative rather than just waiting for him to suggest something or start something. Granted, guys usually do, say, usually dial the phone more often, but that's just a sort of social rule rather than nature, and social rules are something I have no time for in that regard. We're all individuals. If you want to talk and we haven't texted "hi" that day, go ahead and do so yourself.
    I guarantee that I can think of no guy out there who would regard this as negative in ANY way.

When it DOES become "needy" is when you start doing it every 5 minutes so he never gets a second to himself. But just saying hello 'unprovoked'? That's not needy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

mariaalice wrote: »
    This should be taken tongue in cheek!!!!:D with a slightly serious point underneath.

I am after reading the thread about texting some of which seems mildly insane to someone of my age,

It appears that the worst sin a woman could commit is to seen as needy!!! o the horror and embarrassing of someone thinking you are needy it would be worse that being a mass murderer!!!

Opinions.

Neediness is a signal of low status. Most people prefer to be higher status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I have to say I usually take the opposite approach and im the complete opposite to needy...that just leads to the guy thinking your not interested.

You really cant win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 studioguest

Not swallowing !

Not swallowing !

Banned, 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

However many women I know take this to the extreme level of "if I text first, I'll look needy" or "he never replied, better just never talk to him again or I'll seem needy".

It leads to anxiety and stress on a level which boggles my mind. Newsflash: There is nothing wrong, in most guys' mind, with a woman taking initiative rather than just waiting for him to suggest something or start something.

No, there's nothing wrong with showing a little initiative. If it comes from a place of self-confidence.

But we've all been guilty of ringing and ringing and ringing a guy, with nothing to say apart from "Whatcha doin'?"

And not said in a tone that says, "hey, I'm here if you want to talk things over". It's more like, "I don't have the emotional resources to keep myself entertained. Will you take care of me as if I'm a little girl, pleeeeese?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Can honestly say I've never done called and called and called or texted and texted and texted nor do I judge people who have done this.

I was once on the receiving end of call after call after call though and it was very unattractive but I wasn't intentionally ignoring the person, I really was unavailable and when I eventually called the person back and explained I got abuse screamed down the phone at me. That to me is unattractive. If the person had just said "oh, that's no problem, i was just worried when i didn't hear from you" the situation would've resolved itself and we could've moved on easily.

In my opinion, I think society would view the worst sin a woman can commit as not wanting kids or anything child related really. Women are naturally expected to be maternal whether they possess or display these qualities is irrelevant to most people and when a woman goes against the grain and doesn't want kids in my experience most people seem to have serious issues with this and think it is absolutely unimaginable and disgraceful that any woman with the ability to produce a child won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

I think that the worst "sin" :rolleyes: that a woman could commit is most likely whatever deed she finds herself committing/having committed, which deviates from the standards/the norm of the moralistic, curtain-twiching brigade the most.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

seenitall wrote: »
    I think that the worst "sin" :rolleyes: that a woman could commit is most likely whatever deed she finds herself committing/having committed, which deviates from the standards/the norm of the moralistic, curtain-twiching brigade the most.
    Yep that pretty much sums it up :) /thread.

Though my answer? The one she gets caught for.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Jimmyboss wrote: »

ha! Facebook page for that one :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Vinta81 wrote: »
    ha! Facebook page for that one :p

Vinta81, as previously posted this is not AH, if you've nothing but silly comments to contribute, then don't.

Orange2 banned.

Since this thread is doing nothing bar attracting juvenile quips, I'm locking it. OP, if you have a serious question could you ask it with a more appropriate title.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement