Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15% off Irish Rail. Codes only TUESDAY and SATURDAY

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Niamhred wrote: »
    If anyone could post the code as soon after midnight as possible, it'd be great. I have O2 Treats and used to get the code but it's not available to me anymore?

Published Tuesday and Saturday only, as has been mentioned what seems like a dozen times in the thread if you read back through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niamhred

Posts say Tuesday & SATURDAY like, ten times?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Would appreciate the code after midnight too if possible. Hoping to get an early train 2moro...Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Code for Saturday is T21177.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niamhred

Cheers Another Native! Appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Iarnród Éireann is delighted to offer O2 Treats customers an exclusive 15% off online rail fares.

Book your travel with your exclusive promotion code any Tuesday and Saturday and travel anytime.

1. Download your exclusive Treats code on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
    2. Make sure you book your travel using your code by midnight that day. Each unique code will expire at 12pm on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Simply enter the valid voucher code when booking online to receive this amazing discount.

Rail bookings MUST be made online on www.irishrail.ie
    Offer expires: 03/05/2011

A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful.

Peter

Terms and Conditions
    Individual voucher codes are valid for bookings made from 12am to midnight on these days and valid for travel at any time.
    15% discount offer is valid for bookings made between 22nd January 2011 and 23rd January 2012.
    Discount codes are published twice weekly and are valid for 24 hours only.
    This offer cannot be combined with any other offers from Irish Rail.
    Iarnród Éireann is Ireland’s rail transport service provider, covering Intercity, DART & commuter rail services. Major investment has delivered a modern train fleet, with comfort and frequency improvements, and new lines have opened linking Limerick and Galway, and Cork and Midleton.
    On the Intercity network, web fares are available from €10 each way across the country, and a range of discounted and season tickets are available for all services, whether for long distances, or daily commuting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Worked a treat (pun intended). That's the price of two beers saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Keep 'em comin', Peadar. Pity about that new stipulation that the booking has to be made on the Tuesday/Saturday in question - when did they bring that in? :confused:

Still, I'm not travelling until Monday, so hopefully you'll have posted next Saturday's code in time? (nudge, nudge, ;);))

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

Stupid new stipulation, the pdf says the code in question is valid until the 6th of may but it still didn't work when i tried it tonight. Shall be writing them an angry email to try and get some money back :P

whore wrote: »
    Stupid new stipulation, the pdf says the code in question is valid until the 6th of may but it still didn't work when i tried it tonight. Shall be writing them an angry email to try and get some money back :P

Whore, if you do that and they block the code, I will be quite angry with you. As it has been said in many posts now, the codes only can be used from 00:00 to 23:59 on TUESDAYS and SATURDAYS.

Peter

• Advertisement

Iarnród Éireann is delighted to offer O2 Treats customers an exclusive 15% off online rail fares.

Book your travel with your exclusive promotion code any Tuesday and Saturday and travel anytime.

2. Make sure you book your travel using your code by midnight that day. Each unique code will expire at 12pm on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Simply enter the valid voucher code when booking online to receive this amazing discount.

Offer expires: 07/05/2011

A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful.

Peter

Terms and Conditions
    Individual voucher codes are valid for bookings made from 12am to midnight on these days and valid for travel at any time.
    15% discount offer is valid for bookings made between 22nd January 2011 and 23rd January 2012.
    Iarnród Éireann is Ireland’s rail transport service provider, covering Intercity, DART & commuter rail services. Major investment has delivered a modern train fleet, with comfort and frequency improvements, and new lines have opened linking Limerick and Galway, and Cork and Midleton.
    On the Intercity network, web fares are available from €10 each way across the country, and a range of discounted and season tickets are available for all services, whether for long distances, or daily commuting.

Cheers, Peter, saved a few quid.

Some serious steps backwards for IR/O2, though —

(a) the voucher is undeniably less useful if you can only use it inside a 24-hour window. The Sunday afternoon train I'm taking was €15 online yesterday, now there are no fares available under €29. So my €7.95 discount is less than the saving I'd have made had I just bought yesterday. :mad:

(b) My booking confirmation email proudly announces:
    Note: We are removing the facility to collect reservations via credit card swipe. Please ensure you have this number with you when you are collecting your reservation.
    So now you have to queue up, and not use the ticket machines that were installed only a couple of years ago, IIRC. :rolleyes:

(c) the security encryption on their payment page seems to be inferior to the previous version (at least in Chrome I get 'https:' in the address bar...) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brian.guilfoyle

Where on the irish rail page do you enter the code?
    please help

Peadar06 wrote: »

Offer expires at midnight on 01/02/2011

A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful and appreciated.

Peter

Terms and Conditions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

peckerhead wrote: »

(b) My booking confirmation email proudly announces:
    Note: We are removing the facility to collect reservations via credit card swipe. Please ensure you have this number with you when you are collecting your reservation.
    So now you have to queue up, and not use the ticket machines that were installed only a couple of years ago, IIRC. :rolleyes:

No you can still use the ticket machines to collect your ticket it is just that you need to enter in your booking number and can't just swipe your credit card.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Has anybody got today's (Tuesday 10th May) Code? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Has anybody got today's (Tuesday 10th May) Code? Thanks!

heres the code

T21165

• Registered Users Posts: 26,214 ✭✭✭✭noodler

angelmum wrote: »
    heres the code

T21165

Getting an error message about the site being busy (just tried twice).

Genuine I am sure but a pain in the ass that it puts you all the way back to the start of the booking process.

EDIT: Nevermind, such a rookie at this - thanks to the OP and all concerned saved the more than the price of a pint by using the code and using laser.

A return to Waterford for 31.50. Can any Waterford natives tell me if the bus is a bett option? Certainly looks cheaper.

noodler wrote: »
    Getting an error message about the site being busy (just tried twice).

Genuine I am sure but a pain in the ass that it puts you all the way back to the start of the booking process.

EDIT: Nevermind, such a rookie at this - thanks to the OP and all concerned saved the more than the price of a pint by using the code and using laser.

A return to Waterford for 31.50. Can any Waterford natives tell me if the bus is a bett option? Certainly looks cheaper.

Not a rookie at all in my opinion. I had an argument with someone on boards.ie before over this - everytime I go to book a ticket using website, no matter the browser or computer, I put everything in and it fails the first time. Always works the second. I thought maybe it was designed to get you to give up out of frustration and buy full price at station, but others have never experienced these problems so not sure what the reason is.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

tommy21 wrote: »
    Not a rookie at all in my opinion. I had an argument with someone on boards.ie before over this - everytime I go to book a ticket using website, no matter the browser or computer, I put everything in and it fails the first time. Always works the second. I thought maybe it was designed to get you to give up out of frustration and buy full price at station, but others have never experienced these problems so not sure what the reason is.

No, you are not alone. I have the exact same issue. The error is a generic 'we cannot complete your booking at this time' on the payment page, not anything to do with the site being busy (those are different error messages which I have seen when the site is busy and can appear on any page in the process). It's been like that for me since... forever, on multiple machines, but probably always in Firefox. must try chrome next time, though what difference that could make to a what appears to be a server problem (have experienced similar problems with invalid session terminations on server on other applications) I don't know. I emailed Irish rail about it, years ago, but no response.

However, I have seen on Tuesdays the site is genuinely busy though.

• Advertisement

lainey316 wrote: »
    No, you are not alone. I have the exact same issue. The error is a generic 'we cannot complete your booking at this time' on the payment page, not anything to do with the site being busy (those are different error messages which I have seen when the site is busy and can appear on any page in the process). It's been like that for me since... forever, on multiple machines, but probably always in Firefox. must try chrome next time, though what difference that could make to a what appears to be a server problem (have experienced similar problems with invalid session terminations on server on other applications) I don't know. I emailed Irish rail about it, years ago, but no response.

However, I have seen on Tuesdays the site is genuinely busy though.

YEah that is the wording I get too. I've tried Internet Explorer and Chrome too, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Anyone have the code for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

manu2009 wrote: »
    Anyone have the code for tomorrow?
    O2T1183

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If anyone has tommorow's code it would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

If anyone has tommorow's code it would be appreciated

The discount code will not become available until midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

If tomorrow's code was available today then It would not be tomorrow's code.

lasno wrote: »
    If tomorrow's code was available today then It would not be tomorrow's code.

I posted the message in the hope someone would see it and if they come by the code after midnight they post it, no need to state the obvious thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I'm also hoping someone has it!

2T1172
    is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

Correct!

Advertisement