Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women offended by being called a "c u next tuesday"?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, and you'd rarely if ever hear of a woman being called a dick/knob/prick.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Latchy wrote: »
    The difference between c**t and twat is they both refer to a part of the female anatomy but you can call a man a twat , ie '' that fcuking ref's a twat ''. Never being able to work that one out :confused:

And you can call a man a сunt, so what's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

You can't call him a vagingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

just I have heard more women use the c..t word towards both men and and some women but it's mainly men using twat against men ,not so towards women . But either way , both not so nice words .:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

I've never heard a woman call another woman the C word. You'd need to be pretty low to use it. It is an off limits word - just about the only word still banned on t.v.... I dunno its just ugly... If a man called you that you'd cringe and pity him, more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've never heard a woman call another woman the C word. You'd need to be pretty low to use it. It is an off limits word - just about the only word still banned on t.v.... I dunno its just ugly... If a man called you that you'd cringe and pity him, more than anything.

I don't really get this attitude. I mean, it's just a word! and logically how is it an insult? you're a vagina! am... no, I'm actually not. so how do you take offence from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

never realised it was that offensive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Think it's a great word. Carries such power. When you use that word, they're getting the message loud and clear.

I don't really get this attitude. I mean, it's just a word! and logically how is it an insult? you're a vagina! am... no, I'm actually not. so how do you take offence from it?

Yes you're right Stupi, its meaning, yup, nothing offensive about that, but words acquire a life of their own... You're talking logically but... Y'know if someone says it, it sounds ugly and aggressive... its become disconnected from its meaning.

However, in time we will become desensitised to it, like with the "F" word, so you will be proved right in the end! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Don't know why it so much apparent power over other words tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Cunt

Jesus people, learn how to get around the filter! 'Cunt' looks stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

The difference between c**t and twat is they both refer to a part of the female anatomy but you can call a man a twat , ie '' that fcuking ref's a twat ''. Never being able to work that one out :confused:
    There are many male *****. The word is not reserved for females.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I've always thought it was only really a taboo word in the US. Its almost a term of endearment in my locality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I call men ***** more than women.
    brummytom wrote: »
    Cunt

Doesn't always work out the way you wanted though, read the screen from left to right starting with your screen name.

I've always thought it was only really a taboo word in the US. Its almost a term of endearment in my locality.
    Don't know about the U.S. Its the only word thats still bleeped on the BBC. Eff this, eff that no problem... but the C word is a no - no. Wherever you are... you're about five years ahead of us, scientific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yes you're right Stupi, its meaning, yup, nothing offensive about that, but words acquire a life of their own... You're talking logically but... Y'know if someone says it, it sounds ugly and aggressive... its become disconnected from its meaning.

However, in time we will become desensitised to it, like with the "F" word, so you will be proved right in the end! :o

Ya I know what you're saying. it's not just about logic, I get that it's also the fact that it's meant as an insult, and it depends on the tone and context. I just mean, if someone called you a fucker, would you be as offended?

My mam used to HATE this word, but would use any other curse word without a problem, and my sister is the same.
    Don't know about the U.S. Its the only word thats still bleeped on the BBC. Eff this, eff that no problem... but the C word is a no - no. Wherever you are... you're about five years ahead of us, scientific.

In fairness it's probably just cause fuck has been around kinda longer, and older people generally (yes I'm generalising) have the attitude of 'oh that's so awwwwwful!' and so are probably trying to avoid many many complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ya I know what you're saying. it's not just about logic, I get that it's also the fact that it's meant as an insult, and it depends on the tone and context. I just mean, if someone called you a fucker, would you be as offended?

My mam used to HATE this word, but would use any other curse word without a problem, and my sister is the same.

In fairness it's probably just cause fuck has been around kinda longer, and older people generally (yes I'm generalising) have the attitude of 'oh that's so awwwwwful!' and so are probably trying to avoid many many complaints.
    Fair enough, you make a good point *nods*.
    Yet... how the F word has lost its shock value... I remember Jools Holland using it first... on The Tube in the 80's... made the headlines it did! Oh :P how ridiculous it seems now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I know a few girls that hate the word Gee but have issues with Cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

when i've personally heard girls call each other the C word during bitch fights.

You really need to hang out with a nicer crowd of cunts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Actually I'm kinda offended that it's so offensive - why is it that the most offensive swearword you could utter refers to lady parts?! What's so bad about a vagina?!

I don't mind it really if people are using it unselfconsciously or are being creative with it, but I wouldn't like if someone was calling me it summoning the full offensive power of the word (ditto bastard etc).

Clunge, now that's a word that makes me squirm - it sounds funny but also seems to suggest a horrible squelshing sound...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

There's no single word that offends me, c u next tuesday included. It has nothing to do with words, imo, just intent.

I'd be much more offended if someone said 'you're a vile, disgusting human being' than 'well, ye cunt, any craic?'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mongarra wrote: »
    See you next Tuesday.

SYNT

What's all the fuss about misspelling?!
    I'm offended by text speak.

brummytom wrote: »
    Cunt

There are easier ways, Tommy.
    Cunt.

Edit: I'm about to be banned from AH because of a comment made on Facebook. Yay. :)
    Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Well, I'd be pretty put out if anyone called me a ©unt. For my part, that word just isn't in my vocabulary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I used to get offended by it but then I watched Jim Jefferies stand up (if you haven't seen it, you need to) and laughed until tears rolled down my face. Then I was cured! Now I've found I say it occasionally when I need a really good swear word. It's like for special occasions when I need that little bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I don't find it anymore offensive than any other word, words are just words, if somebody called me a 'thick cunt' I would be a lot more pissed off over being called 'thick' than 'cunt'.

I would never call somebody a cunt (not to their face anyway :p) but I would use it as in I stubbed my toe off the cuntin bed. It's a great word for those situations, practically gets rid of the pain if you scream it loud enough. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

:confused: why is it such an offensive word to women?, when i've personally heard girls call each other the C word during bitch fights. But if a man does it....off with his head! :confused:

I dont think most women even know why they find it offensive. They just do becasue everyone else does :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It's my swear word of choice at the moment, mostly because it's such a wonderful word to curse with. It amuses me that people find it so offensive, because it's just a word :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

So just out of curiosity, where does it stop? If the word cu.nt could somehow be phased out, wouldn't it just be a matter of time before some other word became horribly offensive and we'd all be on boards talking about what a horribly offensive word bastard is? 60 years ago there was UPROAR in America because "Gone with the wind" included the word damn. And hasn't "Money for nothing" just been banned in Canada for including the word 'fags'? Thing is, people who want to be offended are gonna find some way to get offended. That's just what people do. Cu.nts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There are many male *****. The word is not reserved for females.
    You mean Twats or C.unts ? First time I came across twat as a word I quickly learned it was a metaphor of sorts for vagina or gee .
    ScumLord wrote: »
    I call men ***** more than women.
    As long as you/we dont call them to early in the morning which might result in ie, fcuk off you cun.t /twa.t

Advertisement