Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Mocks.ie Physics.. Anybody? Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nanor92

does anyone know what comhra came up on the ordinary debs irish paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

anybody have DEB OL economics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

thanks was ?

GEOG EXAMCRAFT
    Actually you could do Q1

a)Draw a sketch map of OS Map
    b)Talk about Plate Tectonics
    c)Talk about Human Interaction (Mining etc...)

Another QS:

a)Draw Map of subcontinental (Brazil) Outline 2 urban areas and 2 other things like the amazon.
    b)Discuss transport, tourism and Financial services in a Core European region. (That can be irish GDA. It doesn't say non-irish)
    c)Factors that influence agriculture in an irish region (BMW or GDA) Talk about the physical factors I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

There was one thorough look at exam craft irish p2 but they only said one An Triail question - anyone know the other / have both?
    i know lots on geography, physics, biology, even remember some applied maths (that was murder)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lahm wrote: »
    Examcraft:

<Spoilers added by mod>
    6 months on Boards, 6 posts on this thread, and you still haven't figured out that when a thread title says *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! *** it means just that! Not to mention all the reminders in the thread about using spoilers!

Banned for a day in the hope that it will help you focus your mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

6 months on Boards, 6 posts on this thread, and you still haven't figured out that when a thread title says *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! *** it means just that! Not to mention all the reminders in the thread about using spoilers!

Banned for a day in the hope that it will help you focus your mind!

I genuinely forgot that. I edited it soon after in another post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pippy123

<TextSpeakSnip>

Please post again in ENGLISH!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

Wow and he can post again after being banned....xD

Second an triail question, anyone at all? pleeaaase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AoifeG93

Grey24 wrote: »
    does anyone know what paper company is this from french...
    reading comps: one is about this reporters group and the other is about children in school and it's from their view. there not too difficult.
    opinion pieces: one's the response to the opinion pieces, like the media and discipline in the school system
    .then 2,3,4 are racism, a letter to a french school saying you want to go and learn french while helping the students learn english, a journal entry about your friend moving abroad, your opinion on children playing video games, racism or the pressure of exams
    Thats DEB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

Why is boards.ie so formal?..

I don't understand why people can't speak with "text speak", as you put it.
    Especially when it's very common nowadays..

Its a forum afterall.. not an English class.

People who come on here want quick answers and again "text speak" enables the viewer to receive these quick answers.. this forum is like a concentration camp.

It needs to lighten up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Cardor wrote: »
    People who come on here want quick answers and again "text speak" enables the viewer to receive these quick answers..

It takes ages to understand what ''kk soo mi teach z dt ww iz n d excrft eng p2''... So it's not a quick answer!.. ''Ok, my teacher said that Wordsworth** is on the examcraft English paper 2'' is so much clearer! :)

**I don't have examcraft and that's an example so I haven't a clue weather or not he's on it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

People who come on here want quick answers and again "text speak" enables the viewer to receive these quick answers.. this forum is like a concentration camp.

It needs to lighten up a bit.

You can take a break if you want, or perhaps just one of you can.
    Reminder that having two accounts is also not allowed on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Cardor

I've never heard "text speak", ever in my life the way you've put it lilmissciara... and thanks I will have a break..

Your on a FORUM!! If people can't understand that other people are helping them then thats their tough luck.. It doesn't matter how they speak.. its just pathetic really..

Anyway.. I'm finished on this forum so theres no need for a reply.

Goodbye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭GirlsAloud

I don't understand... do schools order the same company for exam papers in every subject? Or is it all different depending on the subject? xxxxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

GirlsAloud wrote: »
    I don't understand... do schools order the same company for exam papers in every subject? Or is it all different depending on the subject? xxxxx
    Schools do whatever they want. All from one company, all from no company, a mix of bought and made in house.

spurious wrote: »
    Schools do whatever they want. All from one company, all from no company, a mix of bought and made in house.
    Wow, well that's annoying. (: Thankyou! I've had DEB Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English so far.. I have Physics and German tomorrow and I have no idea what to study so. Looks like it's going to be a long night. (: xxxxx

• Because once it is let in the door, there's no way to draw the line, and soon the whole of Boards ends up as "omg ur de shiz lo!!1!"
    • Because lots and lots of people find it very annoying, even people your age, and give up on sites where it's prevalent.
    • Because Boards is a privately-owned site, and its owners have a right to make policy for that site ... and they have. It includes "No textspeak".
    • Because judging by the numbers using this site, which have been increasing at a ridiculously fast rate for the last 9 years, a whole lot of people agree with those policies.
    Indeed. Were I to start actually teaching English, I would have a hell of a lot more work to do. No, thanks!
    Quick is not always good, as the actress said to the bishop!

And while I'm sorry that you feel that you have been incarcerated in a concentration camp, we won't be changing the basic rules any time soon. One good thing ... the gates aren't locked, and the guards don't have guns.

One final thing ... while I have shown you the courtesy of responding to your question, this is not the place for such discussions.

If you really want to argue with the owners and admins about the textspeak policy, please take it to Feedback.

We won't be continuing the discussion here! :)

Ha, see what I get for long-winded answers!

I miss all the drama and the door-slamming!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

dont sweat it anybody that has Biology Examcraft tommorrow! i was dreading it and even with spoilers i still didnt know much more than i did before that but the exam will lovely :D :L (i had it today) the short questions were nearly worse than the long ones :P and the long questions were dreadfully long thats all haha, i'll filled up 7 A4 pages of answers :eek: :L now for the last time before i face it tommorrow....is there any living soul out there that took the Examcraft DCG/Technical Drawing exam yet???!!! i know nothing and am facing it tommorrow, please help :o oh and send me something specific in mail maybe on the french written Examcraft if your feeling generous tonight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Can someone confirm for me what is coming up on the examcraft HL Business and HL Biology papers. Please?

I have read through the thread and am quite confused because in one post it says its examcraft and the other say its debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Ok Nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

Anyone have Higher level Religion??

DEB and Examcraft

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭C__MC

Mocks done and dusted! Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Finaly the mocks are over... mid-term holidays starts :P if anyone still needs construction studies/engineering hl debs pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

Ha, see what I get for long-winded answers!

I miss all the drama and the door-slamming!! :D

Srsly rndy , rlax lyk. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aoife1352

I am freeeeee.....by god it's a great feeling....well until June that is but whoop:D:D time to drink me thinks !!!

Heyya guys. (:
    If any of yous are still doing mocks and want any tips on anything, I've just finished my mocks.. I did DEBS
    HL Physics
    HL Biology
    HL Chemistry
    HL German
    HL English
    OL Maths
    xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Could anyone tell me what came up on their art history mock ? i ve done mine.. so its not cheating or anything , THANKS :) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 coolio17

does anyone have or know what came up on the other accounting paper?? there are loads of posts about accounting but dey are all about the same paper, does anyone have the other paper? please help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement