Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrix 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There might not be a single site quite like the dissolve but those contributors are mostly still publishing content in some sort of form on the Web.

I thought you were suggesting that film news and discussion on the Web is a long way from the dizzying heights of AICN in the early 00s which I certainly don't agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, same; there's plenty of garbage out there but film discussion and news feels pretty robust and mature - with some great creators on YouTube et al; AICN was never that far from hyperventilating puffery at the best of times, and some of its reviews rivalled, if not surpassed, the kind of rabid fandom you get these days. They were certainly not above bribery either

People really began to really turn on Harry after his Blade 2 review. That was 2002.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I thought you were suggesting that film news and discussion on the Web is a long way from the dizzying heights of AICN in the early 00s which I certainly don't agree with.

No, but for a while it was a great one stop shop for popular film news and discussion. It also wasn't as sectarian as a lot of online film stuff is now. But I guess that's true of most things.

Advertisement