Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many days a week do you drink?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does drinking alcohol every day make you an alcoholic :confused:
    A glass of wine everyday? No

6 cans every day? Yes

I don't think that's how it works tbh. Alcoholism has very little to do with the amounts consumed, and a lot to do with whether or not you feel compelled to have that drink, whether it's a glass or two of wine in the evening or 6 cans. Of course, the more you drink the bigger the chance you have of developing an addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I go to the pub 2-3 times a week, usually 5-6 drinks each night. Every other night, I'd have a couple at home.........a little nightcap!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

only on the days ending in Y...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

One night most weeks cause I'm in school and if I drink twice on the weekend I do be fcuked for the week.

During the summer it was at least 4 days a week, sometimes 7, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I never go above the medical recommended limit of 21 units.

(p.s : That's a daily limit ... right???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Blondini wrote: »
    I never go above the medical recommended limit of 21 units.

(p.s : That's a daily limit ... right???)

Interesting article on the units myth...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article2697975.ece
    Guidelines on safe alcohol consumption limits that have shaped health policy in Britain for 20 years were “plucked out of the air” as an “intelligent guess”.

The Times reveals today that the recommended weekly drinking limits of 21 units of alcohol for men and 14 for women, first introduced in 1987 and still in use today, had no firm scientific basis whatsoever.
    Subsequent studies found evidence which suggested that the safety limits should be raised, but they were ignored by a succession of health ministers.

One found that men drinking between 21 and 30 units of alcohol a week had the lowest mortality rate in Britain. Another concluded that a man would have to drink 63 units a week, or a bottle of wine a day, to face the same risk of death as a teetotaller.

The disclosure that the 1987 recommendation was prompted by “a feeling that you had to say something” came from Richard Smith, a member of the Royal College of Physicians working party that produced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Usually just once,either Friday or Saturday night.Don't drink every week though

Advertisement