Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S^3 apps & games (N8, C7, C6, E7 etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭kirving

Nice start off list list, I've actually got most of them already!

Although OVI Maps is very good,

Google Maps has Street View, and I'm guessing most people have a data plan with S^3 Phones, so it's worth having in addition to OVI Maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 glenf

Dorian is a pretty solid ebook reader, in development for MeeGo and S^3 so it should improve too..

About the Irish Times app, is it so much better than just browsing the site on Opera?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Joikuspot Light Share your 3G data over WiFi with anyone in range, or...

Joikuspot Premium (€10) Share your 3G data over WiFi, with security and access control ;)

StreamThru - Information about your flight and travel. Very handy if you're in one of those airports that don't bother calling gates over the PA...

Also, Some beta software that's worth a look.

For Facebook/Twitter, try Socially 3.0.1(beta) Much nicer to use than Snaptu.

Wellness Diary - has a step counter is handy to see if you're getting off your arse enough ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

KrisW wrote: »
    For Facebook/Twitter, try Socially 3.0.1(beta) Much nicer to use than Snaptu

Ye i have that myself, meant to put it in the list.

Also made to include
    Real Gold HD
    , free from ovi.

With the betalabs, its the same login username and password as the ovi store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

pixelpipe is a great app for uploading your pictures and videos straight to facebook and many other sites its nice and fast and easy to set up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

the moron test
    cost 1 euro
    great bit of fun

http://store.ovi.com/content/58716?clickSource=homepage&terminalId=N8-00
    (dont know how to do the name instead of link thing,moron huh:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭g0g

I was recommended to install Galaxy on Fire by Ovi Suite earlier on as a "Phone Update"!? Only played it for two seconds earlier, but for a free game it looked like it might have some potential! Average 5 stars from over 250 reviews!
    GOF_screen_03-192x192.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Does anyone think there's going to be much movement from Nokia/Ovi to at least try and match Apple in the Apps department.
    My iphone sucking friends look on in pity, when I show them the Apps available to Symbian users.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

yes apps are small v apple...
    yet 99.8 of apple apps are ****e.
    FACT...why worry?
    just enjoy what you have.
    pros and cons with
    every phone my man.
    or go to the dark side:p

edit:this thread is not for chit chat,its for nokia apps chat(i think,ie...no nokia v apple v android..) only.
    maybe post in the n8 mega thread...
    sorry mods if im outta line,just let me know
    if i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

apart from ovi and beta labs, where are people getting apps for n8 from

• Registered Users Posts: 8 glenf

Symtorrent (bittorrent client) has just been added to Ovi Store

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

iphone and android phones have a good scrabble type app in which you can play against other people who have the same app installed. I can't find one for symbian 3. does anyone know if one exists. i know there is a scrabble app but it's a solitaire version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭kirving

Almost forgot to post this guys, its an App. called SugarSync.

It allows you to automatically back up files from specific folders on your computer to their servers, much like another company - Drop Box. You can sync folders between all your computers/devices. You can also access your files online if it's not installed on the computer you're at.

However unlike Drop Box, SugarSync also have a Symbian client which can be downloaded from their website, meaning that I can access all my backed up files anywhere. Oh, and did I mention you get 5Gb of storage FREE!

I have it installed on my PC, and my N8 - its a lovely simple app. I have all my college stuff backed up incase I forget a USB key one day. I sound like I work for the company at this stage, but it really is a great free service!

P.S.
    If you'd like to use the following link to sign up, I'll get an extra 500Mb of storage free for referring you! https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=d4ewxh9s2jaxq

There's a thread in Bargain Alerts where people posted their referral links.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

glenf wrote: »
    Symtorrent (bittorrent client) has just been added to Ovi Store

has anyone got this working it wont connect for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New Nokia internet radio app - Free on OVI

Blacklist Mobile - BlackList Mobile protects you from unwanted calls, sms, mms and even from sms-spam. Just add contacts you wish to ignore in "Contacts" menu and forget about people who annoy you. €5

McDonalds app - A bit random, but if you want to a find a McDonalds around ireland or the UK, you will want this free app :pac:

Monopoly Classic HD - 50% off at the moment, now €2.

Trill - free twitter app

PocketParrot - Translator for 28 languages

HorseFace - Take Horseface on an adventure by running him through the forest, jumping over objects and collecting items.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

This is pretty cool. Very nice use of the lock screen.

Btw, you will need to log in to download stuff from Beta Labs, but you can use the same Nokia account ID and password that you use on Ovi Store.

AppMe - Find a mobile-friendly web site you want to go to often (for example, something you'd normally set a bookmark in Web for....), paste its address into the AppMe wizard, choose an icon, and set to your homescreen

How it works

Dilbert Mobile -
    Get immediate access to your daily Dilbert comic as well as the 20+ year archive of the entire Dilbert collection - all on your mobile device. As one of the world ’s most famous comic characters, Dilbert has become the voice for those that have lived in the world of office cubes, questionable colleagues and impossible deadlines. Now you will never miss a moment of the goings on with Dilbert, Wally, Dogbert and the Boss.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    New Nokia internet radio app - Free on OVI

Uninstall 'Noka big screen' first. Do this by going:

Settings > app manager > installed apps > options > uninstall. It can be reinstalled afterwards.

The radio app itself is great, thousands of stations to choose from

Advertisement