Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will your partner stay with you while giving birth?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dexter50

I was present for the birth of our child and to be honest it is the greatest experience I have ever had.

For the most part of the day the man is pretty useless and it can feel like your useless I think this is a problem with some men because they don't have the answers and really can't do anything to influence whats happening, all you can do is try and be supportive and be a punch-bag until the epidural comes and then your back to been useless again. When it came to the pushing part though the mid-wives let me get involved and let me assist all be it only holding my partners leg but it felt good to be involved!!

My wife had to have a section in the end as little Josh was too big to come out naturally (10lbs 8oz) but I was there for it all and when you hear that little cry.. amazing..

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Casey_81

Im in the early stages of my own pregnancy, and I am half thinking of asking my sister (who has 4 kids) to be my birth partner.

My hubby is great, but I feel that I would get better support from someone who has been through it all before..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I couldn't have coped as well as i did during all 3 of my children's births if my husband wasn't there, but if he'd decided it was something he wasn't up to i wouldn't have forced him. Whats the point having an unwilling birth partner who's little use? He didn't do anything especially remarkable but just knowing he was there when i was at the height of a contraction just helped me get through it. He is my rock ;)

Advertisement