Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunscreen is bad for you

Options
  • 20-01-2011 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

This is a story about a mother who put to much sunscreen on her child. This child is now suffering of rickets because of this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1348235/Tyler-Attrill-12-risk-rickets-mother-used-factor-50-suncream.html Rickets are now being seen in children again because of overprotective parents who put sun screen on them. The sun is our main source for vitamin D and if we block out the sun we don't get the vitamin D we need and in children it can lead to rickets. I say that we should not use sun screen, instead go out in the sun for limited amounts of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

You are obsessed with Vitamin D, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Silly parents are bad for you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tyler is a boy's name...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

What was she feeding her kid?

also she never had Ricketts, only the Vitamin D deficiency...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Ah yes, the daily mail, tome of biochemical knowledge and respected amongst the scientific community and laity alike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Thread fail.

You start off by saying:
    Sunscreen is bad for you

Then you say:
    whiteonion wrote: »
    This is a story about a mother who put to much sunscreen on her child. This child is now suffering of rickets because of this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1348235/Tyler-Attrill-12-risk-rickets-mother-used-factor-50-suncream.html Rickets are now being seen in children again because of overprotective parents who put sun screen on them. The sun is our main source for vitamin D and if we block out the sun we don't get the vitamin D we need and in children it can lead to rickets. I say that we should not use sun screen, instead go out in the sun for limited amounts of time.

I couldn't give a flyin' fùck about children and sunscreen is not bad for me as an adult. Jerry and Kate McCann are bad for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

• Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

This is a story about a mother who put too much sunscreen on her child.

mystery solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

This is a story about a mother who put too much sunscreen on her child. This child is now suffering of rickets because of this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1348235/Tyler-Attrill-12-risk-rickets-mother-used-factor-50-suncream.html Rickets are now being seen in children again because of overprotective parents who put sun screen on them. The sun is our main source for vitamin D and if we block out the sun we don't get the vitamin D we need and in children it can lead to rickets. I say that we should not use sun screen, instead go out in the sun for limited amounts of time.

My god people stop using the Daily Mail as a news source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sunscrean is bad for you
    Not according to this guy

jd007 wrote: »
    Well feck it anyway, feck feck, feckety fecker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Never realised that was Baz Luhrman. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I don't think that is Baz talking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Luckily we can just supplement our diet with vitamin d supplements.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rickets > Melanoma

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Miss Informed

Awwww Teddy you did what I came here to do! :( Great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There should be more science in schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Well feck it anyway, feck feck, feckety fecker!

Great minds and all that... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

So that's sunscreen and vaccinations on my list of things to avoid like the plague so far. Is there anything else I should steer clear of to stay in good health oh wise Whiteonion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

strobe wrote: »
    So that's sunscreen and vaccinations on my list of things to avoid like the plague so far. Is there anything else I should steer clear of to stay in good health oh wise Whiteonion?

Avoid sugar and starch. Drink only small amounts of alcohol. Don't smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

strobe wrote: »

you should avoid life, it's addictive and no matter what it always leads to your death

Awwww Teddy you did what I came here to do! :( Great tune.
    jd007 wrote: »
    Great minds and all that... :pac:
    There's 3 videos in a row, at least nobody will miss it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yeah, stop wearing the sunscreen, better off with skin cancer.

I don't think most people wear sunscreen all the time while outside in the sun, especially this time of the year.

Whiteonion " I say that we should not use sun screen, instead go out in the sun for limited amounts of time."
    Not very practicable for people who work outside. I use sunscreen, I do not have rickets and it has been good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

No sun.
    No medicine.
    No booze.
    No smoke.
    No sugar/starch.

No thanks! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Link to Daily Fail is a bigger fail than this thread? Possibly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

We only require ten minutes exposure to sunlight a day to get sufficient amounts of vitamin D, so clearly to have a deficiency you'd have to be fairly phobic of being outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sunscreen is bad for you? The song... It lied to me?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

"Sunscreen use actually causes cancer, it doesn't prevent it, says exhaustive scientific research"

http://www.naturalnews.com/001264.html

It turns out we have been lied to all these years, sunscreen causes cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

To be quite honest, you're being incredibly irresponsible by posting this stupid shít from the daily mail. :mad:

I'm related to a dermatologist. ONE blistering sunburn in childhood raises your risk of cancer for the rest of your life - in fact it doubles. Don't believe everything you read in the papers. Some of it is dangerous nonsense.

Advertisement