Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Finder [Fox - Spoilers]

Options
2»

Comments

Watching the first episode and rather enjoying it. It's easy to watch trash that easily passes the time. Added points for featuring the great John Fogarty and some classic CCR.

Up to episode 5 and this is easily one of the more enjoyable new shows. It's untaxing, easy to watch fare that's forgotten as soon as the credits roll. The cast are all good and Stults plays quirky without going too far into the ridiculousness. Hopefully the show won't bite the bullet as there's enough wit and charm here to keep me coming back for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is there any chance of Sky sticking it on one or another of their channels? I liked the piloty type episode on bones apart from Saffron Burrows dreadful English accent. Neat trick to be that bad at an accent from your own country.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Neat trick to be that bad at an accent from your own country.

It's something that afflicts many Irish actors too. Can't count the number of times I've seen an Irish actor give a truly abysmal Oirish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

So this is back and I for one am really enjoying it. :)

The characters are great, there is no need for a he vs she situation as they slept together in the 1st, or was it 2nd ep and it was all handled well.

The "cases" are fun and tough to figure out, though his methods are a little odd. *shrug* Its more fun than some of the other shows out there.

• Advertisement

Just getting caught up with the show and bar the hurricane episode which is amongst the worst things I have ever seen it's an enjoyable and forgettable show that will put a smile on your face. It's never going to be looked back on as a classic and I imagine that if can celled, which is looking likely then it's going to be one of those shows that no one goes out of their way to get back. The lack of substance and any real ongoing story would be detrimental to an other show but it's exactly because of this that The Finder is so enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

I like it its great aul fluff....really hope it doesnt get canned..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bunnymunro wrote: »
    really hope it doesnt get canned..
    Unfortunately, Fox have cancelled it!
    .. and now Fox has canceled The Finder too (also no surprise).
    Source

Shame to see this go as there was a hell of a lot of potential to expand on the characters and their situations. The final episode was just great, easy to watch television that wasn't afraid to go to dark places when it needed to. The final scene was really good and has me hoping that the show may get some closure in an upcoming episode of Bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Shame to see this go as there was a hell of a lot of potential to expand on the characters and their situations. The final episode was just great, easy to watch television that wasn't afraid to go to dark places when it needed to. The final scene was really good and has me hoping that the show may get some closure in an upcoming episode of Bones.

It defiantly did have potential. Gutted it got cancelled

• Advertisement

Really hope this gets picked up by another network though I doubt it will even be considered. I must have rewatched the final scene a dozen times and it's just a great ending to a show that had so much potential.

I really want to know more about Walter and what he's done in the past as it's obvious that he was once a vicious killing machine whose spent the past years finding things in place of the parts of him that he is missing. Hard to believe that a show that I wrote off as watchable trash has became one of my favorite shows in a long time.

I can barely remember any of the individual plots but that doesn't matter as the writers did some fantastic groundwork for the ongoing story which I imagine was due to play out in season two. Sadly were not going to get to see what they had in mind. One thing that made an impression were the characters, I like each of them and want to see where their journey takes them.

Promise I'll stop posting about The Finder after this, anyone with any doubts about the show or who dropped it after that truly terrible Hurricane episode should give the show another chance. The second half of the season is very strong and the main characters really come into their own.

The final episode has three very strong storyline with the themes of family and identity being front and center in them all. The final shot of Walter smiling and relaxing at the sight of Isabel and Leo (his family) he's being beaten down by the marshals is just a wonderful moment. In fact it's an episode packed with some great moments, such as Walter saying good bye to his father which has a subtlety to it that many other shows strive for but never achieve. The final shows of Willow walking down the road, free for the first time in here life, Leo putting up the for rent sign after losing his family for a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

royally pissed off this has been cancelled, tbh id cancel bones before this, i'v found bones to be incredibly frustrating this season, watched 2 or 3 episodes since its return and then just gave up lost interest in it, but obviously if they throw another finder episode into it then i'll watch that

as for the finder i can see how they cancelled the mid season episodes were mediocre at best but obviously the pilot & the start of the series and then the last episode were very good, maybe the writers couldn't write enough good "finding" episodes hence why it got dull in the middle

maybe somewhere down the line this will be picked up by another network but not likely

DermoMIO wrote: »
    royally pissed off this has been cancelled, tbh id cancel bones before this, i'v found bones to be incredibly frustrating this season, watched 2 or 3 episodes since its return and then just gave up lost interest in it, but obviously if they throw another finder episode into it then i'll watch that

as for the finder i can see how they cancelled the mid season episodes were mediocre at best but obviously the pilot & the start of the series and then the last episode were very good, maybe the writers couldn't write enough good "finding" episodes hence why it got dull in the middle

maybe somewhere down the line this will be picked up by another network but not likely

I gave up on Bones a long time, it just seemed stuck in a rut and the whole will they won't they relationship was just dull. Actually realised earlier today that I had not seen the Bones episode that introduced Walter and Leo so I gave it a watch tonight and rather enjoyed it. Getting rid of Saffron Burrows was the right way to go, pretty sure that had she been in the series I would have spent a lot of time fast forwarding.

I do think that we may get some closure for the Finder in the next season of Bones. Well I hope so anyways as The Finder is one of my favorite shows in many a year, something I never thought I'd be typing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

Cannot believe this is how they ended the series...feck sake every episode now was pretty much standalone with almost everything wrapped in a nice little bow by the end of it....it was a great episode.. walter killing the 3 cult guys and more to the point snapping the guys neck being a serious wtf moment...loads of promise for season two that we will never get to see..shame on fox...heard it might be getting canned ages ago but it was a guilty pleasure and didnt mind the impneding cancellation because i thought theyd wrap it up easily in an episode or two..aaarrggghhhh:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

bunnymunro wrote: »
    Cannot believe this is how they ended the series.

The worst part is that there is absolutely nothing illegal about looking for and finding a protected witness... never mind it wasn't even necessary to locate her, since relatives can request visitation from the marshal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

mrkite77 wrote: »
    The worst part is that there is absolutely nothing illegal about looking for and finding a protected witness... never mind it wasn't even necessary to locate her, since relatives can request visitation from the marshal service.

But that would have been a boring plot and he did end up murdering 3 people.

Stupid how these networks pick up pilots and then cancel them in their first season, without giving them some time to build a fanbase and flesh out the characters.

Nobody watched Seinfeld or X-files in their first few years and they went on to be brilliant and appear in many peoples top tv lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Had Fox not picked it up in the first place, another network could probably have given it proper exposure. But of course they had to pick it up because they had Bones.:(

.... and Geoff Stultz even managed to get a job for brother George in the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Wait are you guys saying that this show has been cancelled? I really like this show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So, just for those who have the internet equivalent of a Robin Reliant like me, Finder is coming to Universal channel next month, looking forward to it, might avoid the final episode if it was left on a cliff hanger though.

Havent read most of this thread so apologies if its been mentioned before. Didn't want to stumble across too many spoilers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Had Fox not picked it up in the first place, another network could probably have given it proper exposure. But of course they had to pick it up because they had Bones.:(

.... and Geoff Stultz even managed to get a job for brother George in the final episode.

This really felt like a show that should be on the USA Network, there was great chemistry with the cast, shame it was cancelled

After the death of Michael Clarke Duncan any chance of getting some closure in an episode of Bones is all but dead so I decided to give the books a read.About half way through the first book in the Locator series The Knowland Retribution and it's rather good. Walter in the books is a very different character and not quite as quirky or likable. He's also considerably older and to be honest the only real connection with the show is his name, the bar and his unique ability to find things. The novel is well written and head and shoulders above a lot of more successful crime series.

Almost three years after the show ended and I still find myself watching the final scene of the last episode. It's just a great piece if television and you have wonder were it cancelled now, there's a good chance it would get picked up again as it has that breezy quality that seems to be quite popular

Advertisement