Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Safety - Is This For Real?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

And he also crashed, let's not forget.

+1, December, early morning, black ice and their jeep is a write-off against a wall.... how fast were they driving? I was wondering why in the seconds or even split-second between skidding on the ice and hitting a wall she didn't drop her feet as an instinctive bracing measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

prinz wrote: »
    +1, December, early morning, black ice and their jeep is a write-off against a wall.... how fast were they driving? I was wondering why in the seconds or even split-second between skidding on the ice and hitting a wall she didn't drop her feet as an instinctive bracing measure.

she was probably asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

hondasam wrote: »
    she made a mistake in not knowing about the airbags and having her feet on the dash.

he also made a mistake in not telling her about the airbags and crashing the car.

This does not make them retards.

Unlucky maybe.
    by the plural i wasn't really referring to the driver, just people in general, amongst them being the passenger. at what point does anyone in a car think it would be safe, or even appropriate for that matter, to put their feet on the dashboard??
    hondasam wrote:
    she was probably asleep.

i imagine she would have said so in her long-winded email...

she has no memory of the accident or the three months before the accident.

why do some people not wear seat belts ?

why do some people speed ?

etc

she has no memory of the accident or the three months before the accident.

why do some people not wear seat belts ?

why do some people speed ?

etc
    i would argue that both of those things are similarly stupid, there's extra risk involved in all cases. you're knowingly increasing your chances of injury or death, what's smart about that?

• Advertisement

Adam wrote: »
    i would argue that both of those things are similarly stupid, there's extra risk involved in all cases. you're knowingly increasing your chances of injury or death, what's smart about that?

The general comments are that she was stupid in not knowing about the airbags. My point is we all know about seat belts but not everyone wears them.

I think a lot of people would not know about the airbags.

The general comments are that she was stupid in not knowing about the airbags. My point is we all know about seat belts but not everyone wears them.

I think a lot of people would not know about the airbags.
    i agree that it might not occur to one, but the majority of people in this day and age surely are aware of airbags?

anyway, airbag or no airbag, a person is more likely to sustain injury in the position she was in as opposed to the correct seating position, such as the driver was in, who walked away from the accident relatively unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jth7

Have to say I'm surprised by the callous attitude of a lot of people on this thread. I read this e-mail and was quite moved for the girl, who obviously suffered horrific injuries. Yes she shouldn't have put her feet up on the dashboard but I've done things without thinking plenty of times, just lucky I never got caught out for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

jth7 wrote: »
    Have to say I'm surprised by the callous attitude of a lot of people on this thread. I read this e-mail and was quite moved for the girl, who obviously suffered horrific injuries. Yes she shouldn't have put her feet up on the dashboard but I've done things without thinking plenty of times, just lucky I never got caught out for it.

Tbh I've had enough of ridiculous email forwards, so I stopped being moved a long time ago

jth7 wrote: »
    why not consider the facts rather than the touching story? i didn't read the story to begin with, just discerned the facts from the thread and scanning the link.

i feel sorry for the girl, but there are worthier storys to read if you want to feel sympathy for someone, for example a story in which the person's misfortune didn't lie entirely in their own hands?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Yes a very touching email. In other news I've just won the Nigerian lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Is she facekicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I often drive with my feet on the dashboard.

Sure isn't that what cruise control was invented for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

the poor girl

Quick search comes up with a woman who, while not looking like ET, has very obviously had reconstructive surgery on her face.

I'd well believe it. And I've heard horror stories from the paramedics who treat these kinds of injuries in the job.

Yes, people are dumb enough to put their feet on the dashboard. Yes, these people in crashes do themselves unbelievable damage.

Advertisement