Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HSE has failed me!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Im so annoyed at our health service, I went to the lourdes hospital yesterday to get the results of a biopsy of a polyp that I had removed during a colonoscopy eight weeks ago. After waiting an hour and a half aswell as 8 weeks I was told my sample never made it to the lab it has been lost and I now have to wait another year before they can test me again. Meanwhile I am left unsure if the polyp I had removed was malignant or benign. I feel so let down, who can we trust? certainly not our health service and certainly not Harney! I am a 32 year old mother of two young girls who need me and if this thing was malignant I could be getting treated appropriatley so that I can be sure I will be around for them for many many years to come.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I'd rather go abroad than go to Lourdes Hospital after everything I've read about it over the past couple of years.

I'm so sorry for the situation you find yourself in and I can't believe you are being forced to wait another year for a test like this.

Is there nothing that can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you going back to the end of the queue so? Surely you should be given a slot, even a cancellation slot somewhere if such a thing is possible.

Can your local public rep do anything for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 clionaerin

I have to wait a year because if they went back in now there would be nothing to see or remove as they got it all the last time. It would take around a year for another polyp to grow if its going to grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Irish health service has been a joke for quite some time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

This is not really the appropriate forum for a general rant about the HSE - though I appreciate your frustration. We do have a Ranting and Raving forum, there is also the Humanities forum if you wish a serious discussion on the implications, perhaps the Politics forum would be better suited to the political angle re Mary Harney et al - and if you need advice on where to go from here or what to do then there is a Personal Issues forum but it's really not suited to the Ladies Lounge.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement