Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Anthony Diet

Options
  • 16-01-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

(The guy from Operation Transformation)

Has anyone tried this diet or know anyone on it?

What did you think of it and what were the results like?

Feedback would be great thanks. Just wondering about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

bump. anyone doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nolo1

Anyone? I've heard good things about him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I know a girl who did it. She lost a lot of weight. She was great for initial motivation but unfortunately put it back on. However it was lots of clean eating with a 40 walk minimum each day and two walks on days off. He was tough enough on her too from what I recall and has a very no BS approach. Sorry my details are very sketchy!

Hmmmm! That's probably what I need - someone who's tough and will push me. Thanks Dixie Chick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Try the Zamboni Diet ©

Eat meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts and drink lots of water.
    The only drawback is that you have to have the self control to do it most of the time for the rest of your life.
    But it gets amazing results.

• Advertisement

Zamboni wrote: »
    Try the Zamboni Diet ©

The only drawback is that you have to have the self control to do it most of the time for the rest of your life.

Easy to say when you are in "the zone" but some people need a push and hands on guidance at the start

Zamboni wrote: »
    Try the Zamboni Diet ©

Thanks for the advice, Zamboni. Unfortunately, I don't like fish (or nuts, unless they are dry-roasted!). I think I'm a lost cause!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Easy to say when you are in "the zone" but some people need a push and hands on guidance at the start
    the push is the reality that you need to be honest with your nutrition and there is zero need for anything other than eat good wholesome food, be in a deficit and move more - simples.

From the site it looks like its just offering an opportunity to attend one to one session so you can get a slap on the wrist when you get off track.

Its no differenet than what is being offered by a range of people out there already and if you feel like thats what you need then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i am doing it, he is good and takes no excuses. there are people of all shapes and sizes there. its all normal food too no shakes or anything, you;d never be hungry on it

Transform I agree with you about the reality check completely, i was just pointing out that sometimes people need more in the beginning of a weight loss journey that to be told to just have "self control for the rest of your life", sure if that was just as easy as that there would be no weight problems in the world. Weight loss is more of a mental battle than a science one.

But then again, ive never been to a Keith Anthony place so he could be talking BS anc charging per word for all i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Transform I agree with you about the reality check completely, i was just pointing out that sometimes people need more in the beginning of a weight loss journey that to be told to just have "self control for the rest of your life", sure if that was just as easy as that there would be no weight problems in the world. Weight loss is more of a mental battle than a science one.

But then again, ive never been to a Keith Anthony place so he could be talking BS anc charging per word for all i know.
    when you have been working with clients as long as i have and with as many as i have then you can very quickly put together what is important and what is BS.

For a beginner its going back to getting the basics right day in day out for the fist 6-12 weeks i.e. stop eating junk and start eating clean unprocessed foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

MJOR wrote: »
    i am doing it, he is good and takes no excuses. there are people of all shapes and sizes there. its all normal food too no shakes or anything, you;d never be hungry on it

Just wondering what he charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

nolo1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm! That's probably what I need - someone who's tough and will push me. Thanks Dixie Chick.

At the risk of sounding preachy, only you can push yourself and be tough on yourself.
    And toughness shouldn't come into it.
    For exercise - find something you love, find something that's relatively social (e.g. fit4life group), then it won't be hard to go.
    For food - yes, you may want to go back to your old ways but it's more about being organised and being focused and steer clear of dangerous situations (being really hungry, no access to to decent food;result - falling off the wagon).

You can't pay someone to motivate you. You have to motivate yourself. You should only view them as someone who can provide good information and show you how to makes those changes.

And you need a decent reason to change. Thinking "hmmm, I'd like to fit into that dress" normally isn't enough motivation for people. Thinking "hmmmm, I'd like to run a 5k race", "hmmm, I'd like to lower my blood pressure", "hmmm, I'm at risk of diabeties". They're all reasons that will get you off the couch.

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Just wondering what he charges?

It's ok, I looked it up myself. 199e joining fee and 15e a session!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Cadyboo wrote: »
    It's ok, I looked it up myself. 199e joining fee and 15e a session!!:eek:

Call me cynical but that seems to be a pricing model created around the presumption that people will pay the joining fee, go for a session or two and then drop out.

Call me cynical but that seems to be a pricing model created around the presumption that people will pay the joining fee, go for a session or two and then drop out.

Yes I would say so. Someone nearly always knows someone on these things, just get the diet and try it. I couldn't justify paying that!

Advertisement