Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an Irish translator stamp

Options
  • 16-01-2011 8:41pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Dia dhaoibh ar fad!

Have a bit of a strange one for you. Friend of mine is not from Ireland, but became an Irish citizen, and is now looking for a working visa in America. Problem is, the certificate that says they are a citizen of Ireland is in Irish, and so the Americans cannot read it.

They've been told they need it translated, so I translated it for them. But it has to be stamped by an official translator company that will certify that the translation is accurate.

So, maybe a long shot here - does anyone know someone who works in a translator agency, or is an official translator with a stamp who could do this? All they'd need to do is look at my translation, it's very short - and stamp it.

GRMA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Institúid Teangeolaíochta Éireann...but I dont see them in the phone directory...they are/were part of the Institúid Ard-Léinn whose number is (01)614 0100 and are at 10 Bóthar Burlington, Dublin 4

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Sin iontach, grma! Tá seo á dhéanamh agam do dhuine gan phost. Mar sin, bhíos ag iarraidh é a dhéanamh saor go leor dóibh. That place you suggested sounds expensive. But sure I may as well ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Foras na Gaeilge trained people to be translators so maybe they'd have a list that could be helpful.

Advertisement