Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Wars!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

wingnut4 wrote: »
    Agreed with Urs, However I do think you should have ring men, its abit sexist if you ask me,lol, a few gsp's wouldnt go a miss

I think the closest wer gettin to this is Mr P......... and thats only cuz his hairstyle slightly represents the Great One :( x

Anyway wer not as feeble as the opposite sex lol x

Urs
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fighter1

Totally agree with everyone on saying ClanWars 6 was a great show, and wishing nial a full and speed recovery. I don't know what fight you where watching but if you look at it again on replay you will see that both fighters touched gloves and nial shot in straight away for the takedown, so before posting your **** on the boards, you should make sure you know what you are talking about. And another thing Pauric Henery won the fight fair and square and his sportsman ship can not be questionned. Well done Pauric

Another great ClanWars, and a very big thanks to Paul and the team on looking after the safety of all the fighters both inside and outside of the cage. I look forward to the next show, and wish all those fighter who took part in ClanWars 6 great success in the year ahead. Fair play to you all for having the balls to get into the cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I dont know where you were sitting but from where we were, EVERYONE couldnt believe that the glove touching didnt happen. Pauric was getting shouted at for doing what he did. It wasnt just myself, so maybe everyone else was wrong.

He won the fight fair in the end, that I dont question, his sportsmanship on the other hand can be questioned and has

I was sitting right beside the cage on Nial Morgans corner, and i have to agree with Gav 350, nial was the one who looked to touch gloves and both fighters did touch gloves, but if you look at the replay nial went straight down on his knee for a single leg takedown to which Pauric kicks him with his right leg, how do you think Nial ended up in the guillotine. Pauric and Nial are from what i hear friends and in contact with each other, and Pauric has wished Nial a full recovery, i just don't agree with you say that anyone was disrespectful, But you are entitled to your opinion. Fairplay to you, i mean thats what the boards are all about, and i respect that. Goodluck

• Advertisement

Have to agree with you on the inapproprate behaviour of Oakleaf fighter i think it was steve owens, his behaviour after the fight was stopped by the ref was disgracefull. I even heard him telling his own corner men to go and F**k themselves, fairplay to them for acting in the manner they did and getting him of sides before things got really out of hand, not defending what the young fighter did or the way he behaved, but the size difference in that fight was massive, great stoppage bye the ref. I have heard through a friend that Oakleaf are dealing with the fighter steve owens and he might never represent oakleaf again. Not defending his actions, but we all were young once and all made mistakes, a bit of time off with an attitude adjustment might be a good thing, i mean he is only 17years off age.

Well said gav350.

best song of the night goes to whoever played Twisted sister!!! amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

fighter1 wrote: »
    Have to agree with you on the inapproprate behaviour of Oakleaf fighter i think it was steve owens, his behaviour after the fight was stopped by the ref was disgracefull. I even heard him telling his own corner men to go and F**k themselves, fairplay to them for acting in the manner they did and getting him of sides before things got really out of hand, not defending what the young fighter did or the way he behaved, but the size difference in that fight was massive, great stoppage bye the ref. I have heard through a friend that Oakleaf are dealing with the fighter steve owens and he might never represent oakleaf again. Not defending his actions, but we all were young once and all made mistakes, a bit of time off with an attitude adjustment might be a good thing, i mean he is only 17years off age.
    Size difference massive ? Lmfao..Steve weighed in heavier than Simon..who by the way took this fight at 2 weeks notice and cut from 84kg to 76.5 kg to replace Michael Townsley due to injury. Steve did not have to take the fight with Simon but he did. He does not know how lucky he is Michael was not fit..lol...then he challenges Joe Frey LMFAO...he needs to grow up, along with people making stupid comments about size difference. Bad loser simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

I would just like to say at the time the only person who complained was steven which he has now since apologised for.

Mike townsely had a grade 3 sprain a couple of weeks out from the fight, I scoured the country looking for a replacement and could not get anyone.

The only person who said they would do it if I was stuck was Simon who has only been training intermitantly for around 6mths. Steven has alot more experience than him.

I told Shane who is Stevens coach about Michaels ankle and that the only other guy available was Simon who would try and make 77kg, Shane said that was fine as Steven was finding it hard to cut weight.

Now may I also add Shane and all the other Oakleaf guys are all cool and are not complaining, they are on our side backing what we are saying - the only person at the time complaining was Steven which I simply put down to the inexerience.

Not only that but Steven is a very capable fighter and was holding his own until he tool and few knees and seemed to lose heart.

I am not angry with him, it's just himself and his te he has let
    down. I hope he can learn from this and continue to mature as a fighter.

I have had emails from 3-4 of the hea Oakleaf guys apologising and steven himself apologising, as far as I am concerned it's all cool.

Video footage again is available of the weigh ins with the same format as all the other weigh ins

thanks

• Advertisement

Well said gav350.

Twisted Sister was James 'Goldy' Mc Brides walk in care off old skool rocker Emmett Mc Nally who is Twisted Sisters number one fan lol

Oops that reply was for Claire :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Totally agree with everyone on saying ClanWars 6 was a great show, and wishing nial a full and speed recovery. I don't know what fight you where watching but if you look at it again on replay you will see that both fighters touched gloves and nial shot in straight away for the takedown, so before posting your **** on the boards, you should make sure you know what you are talking about. And another thing Pauric Henery won the fight fair and square and his sportsman ship can not be questionned. Well done Pauric
    I had a perfect view and it was Pauric who looked to touch gloves and as he had his hand out he was moving fast towards Niall, I was 99% sure he was going for the dirty tactic, and I think Niall knew this which is why he shot for the takedown right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 minimannm

gav350 wrote: »
    It was niall morgan who wanted to touch gloves so he could get the advantage and shoot in on pauric, because he didn't want to stand and bang with him!! Pauric wasn't trying to get upper hand on his opponent.

We do care about niall because we trained with the lad, he's one of the nicest guy's i ever met, we didn't realize how serious it was at the start and of course we checked to see if he was ok afterwards, we didn't want stand over the top of the paramedics when they were trying to do their job. We weren't trying to disrespect anyone thats not what we're about. Everyone at oakleaf jj wishes niall the best and hopes he has a speedy recovery!

Now the other fighter representing us acted in a stupid manner, and we are very embarrassed about his display towards everyone. Needless to say he won't be representing us again, and we can only apologize for his behaviour.

Its Me, Niall Morgan; and in all seriousness I didnt think pauric or his cornermen did anything unsportsmanlike, i tapped, he celebrated; who wouldnt? and when i was on the stretcher he came over and said good fight, and the touching gloves wasn't an excuse to shoot, pauric tapped the glove lightly and then we both reacted quickly, so seriously ive no ill feeling about it and i plan to head up to Oakleaf when im better and get a roll in, if theyll have me :)

twisted sister are amazing, made me put it on last night! woop woop

I must also say a big thank you to the clan wars team for makign sure that the fighters safety was important. If it wasnt for the doctors at Clan Wars making sure the fighter was ok I dread to think what would of happened to Stephen who later found out he has nemonia. Hopefully he gets out of hospital soon so he can come back and fight at clan wars :-)

Advertisement