Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ryanair arrival.

Options
  • 14-01-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed a flight on the casper flight tracker about to land in Dublin but listed as RYR8001 from Boeing Field in Seattle, there is no aircraft registration or any other details, however it is listed as flying direct from BFI to DUB. That just seems to be impossible, so it got me wondering, what is the normal proceedure for Boeing to deliver new aircraft? do they have a few stops along the way, like Flyglobspan used to when they flew 737's from Knock to New york/Boston.
    Does it fly here under US/boeing registration or ryanair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

I am sat in DUB bar... 2 RyanAir 737's just landed followed by a small jet... still watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

si_guru wrote: »
    I am sat in DUB bar... 2 RyanAir 737's just landed followed by a small jet... still watching.

There are also the three flights below which would be around the same time, the new delivery is not listed on Arrivals of course

Memmingen Ryanair FR2413 14/01 14:25 Arrived 14:26

Edinburgh Ryanair FR815 14/01 13:45 Arrived 14:28

Birmingham Ryanair FR667 14/01 14:35 Arrived 14:29

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tippilot

Irish/Ryanair registration.

And yes, it's a non stop Boeing Field to Dublin flight. All the way on one tank of gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

tippilot wrote: »

And yes, it's a non stop Boeing Field to Dublin flight. All the way on one tank of gas.
    What route would it take? Taking ETOPS regulations on a Boeing 737 800 into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

What route would it take? Taking ETOPS regulations on a Boeing 737 800 into consideration.

I think ETOPS doesn't apply on a non-commercial/passenger flight. If it did, Ryanair would need another operator with ETOPS certification to operate the delivery on it's behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

tippilot wrote: »

Yes usually, not this time though. I believe it made a fuel stop in Iqaluit in Canada en route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

Me bruvver flies for Ryanair and he regularly goes to Boeing Seattle to test flight a new 737-800 and then fly it home, usually non stop.

All they have to do for the flight is install a HF radio, which is removed when the plane lands in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

youtheman wrote: »
    All they have to do for the flight is install a HF radio, which is removed when the plane lands in Dublin.
    which means FR cant fly the oceanic routes to the canaries......it's a few mins extra going the standard routing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

How long would a non stop flight take?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

Here is a photo of Greenland taken by my brother when delvering a new 737-800 from Boeing Seattle to Dublin direct. If you look (closely) on the nose you'll see one of the diversion airports (oreintated in 11 o clock position). I think it's Stomfjord.

Greenland.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

airport name now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangerlussuaq_Airport . Air greenland operate 330's in there.

Advertisement