Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech Alarm Box Twin LED replacement

Options
  • 13-01-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi Guys. My Aritech Alarm box TWIN LED used to flash on and off. It hasnt worked in over a year. Alarms fine I presume the LED piece is knackered. (Can these be replaced ? And I would like one that flashes even when the alarm is unarmed (as i dont use it much so its more a deterrent than anything) It used to flash 24 hours a day even when the alarm was off I assume thats what its meant to do to attract the notice of unwelcome visitors:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They flash all the time whether the system is armed or not. Some people are under the impression they show the system is armed. They do not. This would not be allowed under EN50131.
    To replace the LEDs would be very messy & really not worth the hassle.
    But if your good with electronics & a soldering iron go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Ah ok, So its a replace the alarm Box job, Would ya know if thats a big job and costly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

It would be less hassle to replace the bell. They are not that expensive if you do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

try and replace with HKC SABB brighter LEDs on these easier to see from a distance better deterrent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

iancr wrote: »
    try and replace with HKC SABB brighter LEDs on these easier to see from a distance better deterrent
    Just make sure you use a proper level and don't rely on the one in the bell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

Jnealon wrote: »
    Just make sure you use a proper level and don't rely on the one in the bell

thats for sure

What sort of level is in the bell? Like a spirit level? :confused:
    Also where do you get the bell you suggested mate. thanks for advice. ill get an engineer to replace wouldnt risk myself messing about with it lol :rolleyes:

If you look at the suppliers list you will get one close to you.

found it ! Is it hard to replace or just a few wires? Would a standard electrician throw one up handy?

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Sounders_Indicators.htm

More to the point is this compatible with an Aritech Alarm System?

found it ! Is it hard to replace or just a few wires? Would a standard electrician throw one up handy?

http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Sounders_Indicators.htm

Very easy to do, only 6 cores to connect.

• Advertisement

Cheers for all your help lads! Much appreciated :)
    :D

Your welcome.

iancr wrote: »

Was onto a supplier the HKC SABB External sounder is €40 plus vat which is super. The guy asked me did I want a specific model SABB? I told him i would call him back. I guess just tell him the one with bright LEDS that flash :confused:. Its for an Aritech.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, any standard SABB willing work here.

Was onto a supplier the HKC SABB External sounder is €40 plus vat which is super. The guy asked me did I want a specific model SABB? I told him i would call him back. I guess just tell him the one with bright LEDS that flash :confused:. Its for an Aritech.

He probably wanted to know if it was there wired or wire free bell box.
    Its the wired SABB you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 hangover_ie_ie

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes, any standard SABB willing work here.

Hey Chaps:)

Would the Sabb be the best Strobe out there? I am looking for the brightest most noticeable strobe there is even if it costs a few extra quid! Prevention better then cure as they say. I want any potential unwelcome visitors to walk straight by.

:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Would the Sabb be the best Strobe out there? I am looking for the brightest most noticeable strobe there is even if it costs a few extra quid! Prevention better then cure as they say. I want any potential unwelcome visitors to walk straight by.

Using different bell boxes that do not confirm to the EN50131 standard is a bad idea. The HKC new bell box meets to the standards and is mainly used by professional installers. This is the most common bell box and can be used on many panels. Using other boxes that are not as known might not be as noticeable.

Having said of all that, GE have another common bell box, and there may be better bell boxes even if it is not commonly used.

The HKC strobe is very noticeable, next to GE imo.

Also have a look at the Texecom Odyssey 4 with live backplate blue.

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Using different bell boxes that do not confirm to the EN50131 standard is a bad idea. The HKC new bell box meets to the standards and is mainly used by professional installers. This is the most common bell box and can be used on many panels. Using other boxes that are not as known might not be as noticeable.

Having said of all that, GE have another common bell box, and there may be better bell boxes even if it is not commonly used.

The HKC strobe is very noticeable, next to GE imo.

If the system its been added to is not up to that standard its not going to make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The pyronix deltabell is probably the most noticeable bell on the market

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Also have a look at the Texecom Odyssey 4 with live backplate blue.
    + 1 we use a lot of them.
    For good LEDs try HKC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Quick question here.

Can you add a 2nd HKC alarm box on the back of a house,with the led lights working,but not the bell?

An extra visual deterrent on the back of the house,but without distrubing the neighbours too much,with regards the bell.

A spare 6 core cable is allready there in place,where the proposed alarm box would be placed

So,can it be done?:confused:

Thanks.

All you have to do is wire in the bell and disconnect the siren.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

altor wrote: »
    All you have to do is wire in the bell and disconnect the siren.

Thanks Altor.:)

Your welcome Paddy.

Oh thats a sexy bit of Kit! I bet there a sexy price too

Koolkid when you say:
    + 1 we use a lot of them. (Plus one i take it this is good?) (semi Newbie:o)
    For good LEDs try HKC (does this mean the Pyronix has not got leds thus a lesser life span than HKC equiv)

Koolkid between yourself and Altor fair play to yas yous are fricking The Alarm Oracles god bless ya :cool:

in all her glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtsHr_6QkY

Sweet!

The Pyronix costs about the same as the SABB

I think we have a winner?

+1 Is agreeing with the quoted post. In this case meaning good.
    HKC is good so is pyronix.

Tried a few of the contacts on the Supplier list no joy, does anyone know an official distributor of the Pyronix Deltabell Plus in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Try Condor Security
    Ph 01 4097733
    They are in Greenhills Dublin 12

Advertisement