Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat out of the bag, almost.....

Options
  • 13-01-2011 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Very interesting show with Pat Kenny yesterday morning. He had a fella on from the european space agency, David Southwood, they talked about odds and ends of things, including Mars.

(DS: "first thing to do is send robots, then human beings....lets do it right"

Pat: "in terms of the possability of water being on mars, the possability that there might be relics of some alien life form, wheather its a microbe or otherwise...... is that somthing you even bother with?"

DS: "it would be strange if it turned out nothing happened on mars...........why earth and not mars?")

Now, hold your horses there a second while I explain why this is explosive material coming from Pats mouth.

Ever since we started sending probes to Mars there has been scandal after scandal. The early nasa probes showed a giant face on the surface. The claim was rubbished. The later nasa probes showed the face at better resolutions and proved it was really there. Of course nasa took the piss again, doctured many photos and covered it up.

At this stage of the game, in 2011, with all the images available widely on the internet, it has become common knowledge by those in the know and by enthusiests that there is alot of stuff on Mars that is being covered up.

Multiple giant faces carved into the landscape.

Pyrimids(some huge) and other structures that share the same mathamatics as those on earth.

Traces of cities, towns and agriculture.

Glass-like tubing dotted around which is assumed to be some sort of tunnel transport.

And much more,

I dont need to provide links, use google, images of this stuff are all over the place and have been for a long time. Not to mention the countless experts and researchers who have spent a long on the topic.

I would just like to thank Mr.Kenny for posing such an important question. He almost let the cat out of the bag, almost :cool:.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I've never believed any of this stuff. Just out of interest though, if true, why would it be covered up? Reeks of tinfoil hat mentality to me.

Face_on_Mars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭GarlicBread

xoxyx wrote: »
    I've never believed any of this stuff. Just out of interest though, if true, why would it be covered up? Reeks of tinfoil hat mentality to me.

Face_on_Mars.jpg

The photo you posted was the doctured one from the second nasa probe i think. The one below is the original un-doctured photo from the second probe. It the same photo but has been reversed via computer to look as it should.

FaceMars.jpg

Then theres the other face aswell -
    FaceMars4.jpg

Why would it be kept a secret? Because its scandalous material that brings into question everything we know about ourselves and our history. Its not much of a secret these days anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYddvA0nBsdsdGyaPEMIqJS4WhnkHMRLge22DScQsQU9sPBkie0A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8SyPnq6N4bggghISMmCNwJw_fspzoW5smpeHWAG5h-GSb-B9D

If theres pyrimids on mars, yall know what that means, it was either us or them.

Even if those images are true representations of Mars's landscape, I would find it far more likely that they were created by natural causes rather than a race of industrious aliens. What are the odds that life would have existed on Mars that looks just like us? Unless they knew about our l'il civilisation and were etching them out in our honour???

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

maybe we ARE them?

"RETURN TO MARS!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

OH, and shouldn't this be in conspiracy section?

• Advertisement

OH, and shouldn't this be in conspiracy section?

Whats the conspiracy? We are discussing the landscape on our neigbhoring planet. Its surely of some astrological significance?

If Pat Kenny, the countries supposed lead talk show host(or whatever he is), feels the need to drop a comment like that on primetime radio then i think its more than appropriate to come on to the relevent forum and expand upon what old Pat was really really trying to get at.

maybe we ARE them?

"RETURN TO MARS!!!!"

I was thinking that. That would be cool. Of course, we'd have to have done it in the future when we had the proper technology and so forth. So that means... we're living in the past right now!!! :eek:

Whats the conspiracy? We are discussing the landscape on our neigbhoring planet. Its surely of some astrological significance?

If Pat Kenny, the countries supposed lead talk show host(or whatever he is), feels the need to drop a comment like that on primetime radio then i think its more than appropriate to come on to the relevent forum and expand upon what old Pat was really really trying to get at.

The conspiracy is the theory that these pieces of Mars were deliberately constructed by an unknown entity.

Pat Kenny probably doesn't know what Pat Kenny was really trying to get at.

Even if those images are true representations of Mars's landscape, I would find it far more likely that they were created by natural causes rather than a race of industrious aliens. What are the odds that life would have existed on Mars that looks just like us? Unless they knew about our l'il civilisation and were etching them out in our honour???

Well, i really dont know, but theres a few hypothesises that have been knocking about. Some say we originally can from mars a long way back, or that somone else built em, and then came to earth and built more. Very early days yet.

Behinds the scenes there must be very high level studies going on about this for many years, i bet my life on it. Maybe some day they will spill the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

How can people still believe this stuff?

3D image of the 'face' extrapolated from Mars Express data.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060925.html

• Advertisement

Well, i really dont know, but theres a few hypothesises that have been knocking about. Some say we originally can from mars a long way back, or that somone else built em, and then came to earth and built more. Very early days yet.

Behinds the scenes there must be very high level studies going on about this for many years, i bet my life on it. Maybe some day they will spill the beans.

Much as I'd love for some new evidence to emerge showing that we have space buddies out there, I just don't think that this is it. There would be more to show than a few chiseled out hills on Mars if there had been travel between there and here in the past.

We need a new theory. Maybe Pat Kenny is from Mars??

quad_red wrote: »
    How can people still believe this stuff?

3D image of the 'face' extrapolated from Mars Express data.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060925.html

I dont mean to diss nasa, they do great work on alot of things, but any nasa link on this topic must considered highly suspect for obivous reasons.

Much as I'd love for some new evidence to emerge showing that we have space buddies out there, I just don't think that this is it. There would be more to show than a few chiseled out hills on Mars if there had been travel between there and here in the past.

We need a new theory. Maybe Pat Kenny is from Mars??

Im not really talking about aliens dude, im talking about seriously important archeological ruins on the planet closest to earth. I dont like using Pat as leverage, but he said somthing very revealing.

Just incase anyone missed it the first time :D.

Pat: "in terms of the possability of water being on mars, the possability that there might be relics of some alien life form, wheather its a microbe or otherwise...... is that somthing you even bother with?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I read about that stuff in one of Hancock's books. It sounded pretty ropey at the time, but it has all been thoroughly debunked since. I would expect to find bacterial traces there though, which would be a huge discovery.

Im not really talking about aliens dude, im talking about seriously important archeological ruins on the planet closest to earth. I dont like using Pat as leverage, but he said somthing very revealing.

Just incase anyone missed it the first time :D.

Dude?? :D Archaeological ruins don't just spring up out of their own volition. Surely the importance of such findings would be the implications relating to what created them.

Didn't miss it the first time. Pat says a lot of things. I don't see what he said as a ringing endorsement of architects on Mars and in no way is it proof that these shapes were consciously created.

I dont mean to diss nasa, they do great work on alot of things, but any nasa link on this topic must considered highly suspect for obivous reasons.
    What reasons?? NASA have been trying to get people interested in space again for decades as their budget has been shrinking since the moon missions. Why would they sabotage themselves by hiding dynamite stuff like this? And how would they expect to keep it secret?

There is a conspiracy theory board for this type of stuff that makes no sense.

Taken from http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Face-on-Mars-36231.shtml

(Review of the ESA mars probe a few years back.)

Now, the ESA's Mars Express has obtained even more detailed images of the Cydonia region. The High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) photos include some of the most spectacular views of the Red Planet ever. The craft had tried to image the region from April 2004 to July 2006 but atmospheric dust and haze screened the rocky formations. But on 22 July, the atmospheric conditions finally allowed the craft to picture the "face" in unprecedented detail. The probe surveyed a wide area in Cydonia region at the best possible resolution and in 3D.

"These images of the Cydonia region on Mars are truly spectacular," said Dr Agustin Chicarro, ESA Mars Express Project Scientist. "They not only provide a completely fresh and detailed view of an area famous to fans of space myths worldwide, but also provide an impressive close-up over an area of great interest for planetary geologists, and show once more the high capability of the Mars Express camera."

Mars Express photographed the "face" structure from different directions. The views reveal an eroded structure probably covered by sand and displaying a massive western wall. Scientists think that this wall has formed via landslides, its entire mass moving downslope. The formation also has what geologists call "debris aprons", gently sloping areas surrounding hills or reliefs.

These debris aprons are frequently found in the Cydonia region at the foot of such remnant mounds but are often missing in smaller massifs. They probably consist of a mixture of rocky debris and ice and are the result of landslides. Sometimes the debris aprons have been covered by later lava flows.

Mars Express imaged many other structures in the region, including "pyramids" and a structure that looks, at least somewhat, like a skull. This naturally skull-shaped structure was never seen before.

What reasons?? NASA have been trying to get people interested in space again for decades as their budget has been shrinking since the moon missions. Why would they sabotage themselves by hiding dynamite stuff like this? And how would they expect to keep it secret?

There is a conspiracy theory board for this type of stuff that makes no sense.

Nasa are a military wing of the US government and they are told to shut up about things that are too important.

This is a very valid and important issue, its deserves not to be thrown into the intelectual ghetto that is the conspiracy theory forums.

Taken from http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Face-on-Mars-36231.shtml

(Review of the ESA mars probe a few years back.)

Now, the ESA's Mars Express has obtained even more detailed images of the Cydonia region. The High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC) photos include some of the most spectacular views of the Red Planet ever. The craft had tried to image the region from April 2004 to July 2006 but atmospheric dust and haze screened the rocky formations. But on 22 July, the atmospheric conditions finally allowed the craft to picture the "face" in unprecedented detail. The probe surveyed a wide area in Cydonia region at the best possible resolution and in 3D.

"These images of the Cydonia region on Mars are truly spectacular," said Dr Agustin Chicarro, ESA Mars Express Project Scientist. "They not only provide a completely fresh and detailed view of an area famous to fans of space myths worldwide, but also provide an impressive close-up over an area of great interest for planetary geologists, and show once more the high capability of the Mars Express camera."

Mars Express photographed the "face" structure from different directions. The views reveal an eroded structure probably covered by sand and displaying a massive western wall. Scientists think that this wall has formed via landslides, its entire mass moving downslope. The formation also has what geologists call "debris aprons", gently sloping areas surrounding hills or reliefs.

These debris aprons are frequently found in the Cydonia region at the foot of such remnant mounds but are often missing in smaller massifs. They probably consist of a mixture of rocky debris and ice and are the result of landslides. Sometimes the debris aprons have been covered by later lava flows.

Mars Express imaged many other structures in the region, including "pyramids" and a structure that looks, at least somewhat, like a skull. This naturally skull-shaped structure was never seen before.

Not an eroded structure? Not something that looks, at least somewhat, like a skull? Hang on, a pyramid-shaped object?? Ok - I'm sold.

Seriously. I'm not denying these structures exist, although I wouldn't believe the first photo that is shoved under my nose. The point is - so what? There is nothing at all to say that these things were created any way other than naturally and "something that looks, at least, somewhat, like a skull" just goes to show how you are just clutching at straws here (or, at least, something that looks, somewhat, like straws).

An eroded structure - like Croagh Patrick?

I think there's a reason why they put 'pyramids' in inverted commas (for example: Fianna Failure's "talented" politicians ruined the country).

You also failed to highlight the 'naturally skull shaped' part. All in all they aren't doing a great job of hiding the structures, are they, publishing all this new stuff?

• Advertisement

Nasa are a military wing of the US government and they are told to shut up about things that are too important.
    Some sort of conspiracy, huh?
    This is a very valid and important issue, its deserves not to be thrown into the intelectual ghetto that is the conspiracy theory forums.
    Um...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

The really scary part is that Pat Kenny turns out to be the whistleblower :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The only "evidence" I have ever seen for ancient civilisation on mars has been the usual case of seeing things where none exist. Humans are pre-programmed to try and see meaningful patterns in random stimuli, for example:

Fakeface.jpg

3 circles and a line are recognised as a face even though it is only 4 random shapes. It's called pareidol. If 4 basic shapes can be recognised as a face then the human mind will go into overdrive with more complex geological shapes such as Cydonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

I LOL'd a few times reading this thread.

I also heard from a valid source that NASA hushed up the fact that Madeline McCann mysteriously turned up on Mars. This is a serious issue, hopefully it won't be relegatd to the intellectual ghetto of the Conspiracy Forum.

:rolleyes:

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Fakeface.jpg

Hey - I know that guy. How'd you get your hands on a pic of Brent?

Took me awhile to find this one, i remember looking at it awhile back. A very informative and short lecture by a guy call Tom Flandern, he died a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u-20g7Bwdw

He goes over the face, the glass tubes and most of the other anomolies in forsensic detail. Very hard to brush aside such overwhelming evidence. Well worth the watch, only 13mins of your time people.

I read about that stuff in one of Hancock's books. It sounded pretty ropey at the time, but it has all been thoroughly debunked since. I would expect to find bacterial traces there though, which would be a huge discovery.

I suspect that most things Handcock has come into contact with have become ropey and discredited. A touch of the nutty professor about him :D.

I suspect that most things Handcock has come into contact with have become ropey and discredited. A touch of the nutty professor about him :D.
    Indeed - but without the professor bit :)

I'm all in favour of original thinking and not taking received wisdom as absolute truth, but I think the evidence here doesn't stack up to much unfortunately. Much like Christianity, I'd love it to be true, but the logical part of me says it doesn't make sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Moved to the right section

• Advertisement

I'm all in favour of original thinking and not taking received wisdom as absolute truth, but I think the evidence here doesn't stack up to much unfortunately.

Ah, but it does stack up. Nasa were caught fiddling the image with the second probe. And after the face debacle all the other stuff was soon being discovered aswell.

If it was just the face on its own then it wouldnt be much of a big deal, could just say it was a rock, no problem, no scandal. Its not just a face though, its two faces, glass tubes, trees, pyrimids, different varieties of structures that cant be natural formations and the most compelling of them all.......(:eek:).........

sphinx4-735x495.jpg

Well, if theres pyrimids there, then its not really that much of a surprize that one of these guys turned up too ;)? Real photo from mars pathfinder by the way.

Advertisement