Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving

Options
  • 12-01-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I was going to go unregistered for this but i'm sure that i wouldn't be the only person thinking of shaving their privates. And the only person with the same problem and fears.

I have an electric razor which i have had for years. It was great and still is for the legs and underarms. But i have let my garden grow a bit and tried shaving again but the electric razor isn't so good any more, keep getting cut with it.

I cant afford a new electric one and i have a massive fear of the razors with the blades. I cant use them. I tried it once on my legs and never again. My fear is so bad that i used the bikini hair removing cream and i dont know what's worse. The cream burnt my bits for days.

My fear of razors probably comes from never really knowing how its done?

I know you use shaving cream and a razor and off you go, but is that it?

So what do i need, what's the best to use and how is it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i'd advise you cut it first with a scissors and then go otherwise it'll be messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I was going to go unregistered for this but i'm sure that i wouldn't be the only person thinking of shaving their privates. And the only person with the same problem and fears.

I have an electric razor which i have had for years. It was great and still is for the legs and underarms. But i have let my garden grow a bit and tried shaving again but the electric razor isn't so good any more, keep getting cut with it.

I cant afford a new electric one and i have a massive fear of the razors with the blades. I cant use them. I tried it once on my legs and never again. My fear is so bad that i used the bikini hair removing cream and i dont know what's worse. The cream burnt my bits for days.

My fear of razors probably comes from never really knowing how its done?

I know you use shaving cream and a razor and off you go, but is that it?

So what do i need, what's the best to use and how is it done?

I got this bikini trimmer in Boots for about 12 Euro I think

http://wilkinsonsword.co.uk/women/showroom/quattro_for_women_bikini

I just use the trimmer bit and it does the job grand. I use a bit of shaving cream and it doesn't cut or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just trim. Then use a normal razer to shave the rest off. I don't see how it could be complicated :/ Gillette (I think) make disposable "bikini razors". But they are absolutely useless.

Hmm. Go in the direction your hair grows. Do NOT use a blunt razor! Actually anytime you shave down there use a fresh blade. Use a mousse, not a gel. I find it much better. The first few times you do it you probably will get bumps/ingrown hairs. But deal with it and your skin will get used to it after a while! Use some sorta finishing gel to prevent bumps and stuff if you are prone to them. Boots do this one.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have an electric bikini trimmer, that I use the odd times I let myself go a bit, to get the hair as short as possible. Its a Wilkonson Sword one, cost about €12 from Boots. It has a razor on the other end, but the razor is awful! I just use the trimmer.

So I trim as short as I can and then I just use a regular razor. I use the Gillette disposable ones, and I use a new one every time, so usually 2 or sometimes 3 a week, depending. And then I just use shaving cream and I shave away! And then afterwards I put moisturiser or Savlon on it to stop it getting red and itchy.

Only thing about shaving is, once I started, it gets really itchy if I leave it a few days, so you have to keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

if you'll permit a male perspective, don't shave. Having seen the gf shave a few times i find it rather unsightly to be totally bald. Maybe shave around the edges ;) Personally i like some hair. Makes me feel like i'm with a real woman! By all means trim, but shaving coarse hair is painful (for anyone, both men and women). You wouldn't even have to buy lady trimming equipment, a mens beard trimmer can be got cheap too and will do the job perfectly.

unless of course you prefer the completely hairless feel. To that, all i can say is the gf swears by waxing. Other than that, watch the time on the hair removal creams! :P As far as shaving is concerned, going in the direction of the hair, but at a 30-45° angle to the hair, can get you a close shave without being too painful. Do not go against the hair down there! Sharper the blade the better. Personal experience there.. I shave my nuts so i perfectly understand the anxiety of razors + sensitive areas! I use these myself, 'cos they're dirt cheap, and there's a plastic thing to push the crap out from between the blades. Running the blade backways up your forearm 5-10 times can clean it a little too so it doesn't feel so 'blunt', in much the same way as this thing works. Makes a massive difference tbh. There's a world of shaving tips out there if you look, big one being getting yourself all hot and moist (not what you're thinking :p) from after a shower (not unlike a hot towel shave for men). Pores open up, hair softens up, makes things a lot easier.

i'm not sure if that helps you at all.. :o i hope it does, but sure feel free to ask anything else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I wouldn't put a razor near there! :eek: hair removal cream ftw!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 stella09

I would just buy a bikini trimmer tbh, as said on other post as cheap as 12 quid ya cant go wrong with it. Would u not consider waxing, its not as bad as you would think! I used to shave all the time and now i wouldnt put a razor near me down there after being waxed.
    If your going with the shaving, first off get the trimmer that you can trim it down a bit. I used intuition razors iv fierce sensitive skin and it never irritated mine & just take your time, go bit by bit.
    No doubt you will be fine! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love waxing a lot more than shaving, but its so expensive! I used to pay €60 a month. But your smoother for a lot longer. If I could afford it, I'd still do it every month.

Advertisement