Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beginners Spin Saturday 15-01-2011

• 12-01-2011 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Great spin on Saturday alright. Perfect weather, good company, nice route.

Ant, would ya stop, gasping for air I was! I'll give the other direction a shot soon. Next time I'll remember to fix my brakes before heading for the hills though!

We need to do one of these spins again! I should be around Saturday if anyone fancies getting out before 11 for a spin..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Maybe best to start a new thread for each weeks spin.
    I will be trying to get a regular Saturday spin going soon enough.
    Am a bit wary of the usual routes atm due to the weather so am thinking of using the popes cross spot to meet and heading (god help me)north-whestist:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Back to the future already. The thread title confused me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've spun this out into a new thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

el tonto wrote: »
    I've spun this out into a new thread.

amend year to current also to avoid confusion?

Sally Gap is fully defrosted I assume?

Dónal wrote: »
    Sally Gap is fully defrosted I assume?
    It's 12 degrees outside; jersey weather. I'd be very surprised if Sally Gap is still frosty.

I'm still on the MTB. Fairly confident that the second I take the road bike out of the attic and lube it up, it'll start snowing again.

In any case, forecast is for pissing rain and strong southerlies on Saturday. Don't fancy taking "the Gap" from the North in those conditions. Lots of fun coming back though.

I might go out with the thinkbike guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

mvt wrote: »
    Maybe best to start a new thread for each weeks spin.
    I will be trying to get a regular Saturday spin going soon enough.
    Am a bit wary of the usual routes atm due to the weather so am thinking of using the popes cross spot to meet and heading (god help me)north-whestist:)

even if the gap is defrosted i wouldn't mind a spin out d'northside for a change. have to be home by 12ish though so would need to go early.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ant

We need to do one of these spins again! I should be around Saturday if anyone fancies getting out before 11 for a spin..

Unfortunately, for various reasons, my fitness level hasn't improved that much since I was last out on a Boards spin but it'd still be good to catch up again. I can't say for sure but I should be able to get out on Saturday morning - as long as it's not too early.

The Pope's Cross is handy enough for me and I've no objections to hitting north or west Dublin. But seeing as you're initiating the spin, I reckon you should pick the route and start time / place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just so yiz know the Aware 10k Fun Run is on in the Park on Saturday.

http://www.aware.ie/get_involved/fundraising/christmas_10k/

Might be a bit more traffic than usual etc if you are meeting at the Pope's Cross.

(I'm doing it but promise not to wear my Boards Jersey).

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

It's been a while guys :) Time to get going again alright. Can't make this weekend but if ye are going again next week, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Ant wrote: »
    Unfortunately, for various reasons, my fitness level hasn't improved that much since I was last out on a Boards spin but it'd still be good to catch up again. I can't say for sure but I should be able to get out on Saturday morning - as long as it's not too early.

The Pope's Cross is handy enough for me and I've no objections to hitting north or west Dublin. But seeing as you're initiating the spin, I reckon you should pick the route and start time / place.

I joined a club at home after my maiden boards spin last April and I got to a stage where I was able to do a 300k cycle to Galway and back last September. But I have a bit of work to do to get back to that fitness!

I haven't what I call my 'good bike' in Dublin :D I was just thinking of a spin out to Howth on Saturday and back. Maybe meet at Connolly train station at 10am on Saturday. This is a relatively short spin and anybody should be well able for it. Maybe some others could head the Wicklow direction if they want a longer spin. The next time I'll go there as I haven't done the famous Sally Gap yet.

Anyone up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

It's been a while guys :) Time to get going again alright. Can't make this weekend but if ye are going again next week, count me in.

Go away out of that, I heard your ripping it up on the triathlon circuit :D
    I'm in this week for howth, I'm back training hard now , so I'll be up for a spin every week, the direction doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

sweetswing wrote: »
    I'm in this week for howth, I'm back training hard now , so I'll be up for a spin every week, the direction doesn't matter.

Yes I heard 'littleredspot' is training hard :D

Good stuff sweetswing; one in anyways! Will you bring allen keys with you please if you have any. I've none in Dublin and I need to tighten the breaks on this thing I'll be on come Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Yes I heard 'littleredspot' is training hard :D

Good stuff sweetswing; one in anyways! Will you bring alley keys with you please if you have any. I've none in Dublin and I need to tighten the breaks on this thing I'll be on come Saturday ;)

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

sweetswing wrote: »

That lasted for 1 whole day! Grand sum of 70k cycled since!!!!

BUT.... BUT..... Santa brought me a shiney new bike which is itching for some action. All I have to do now is lose aproxiametely twice the weight of the bike from my tummy and I'll be flying :D