Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Ron Paul Win In 2012?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

Is RP ahead with Delegates...

Also scumbag GOP cut out his potential win in Maine...They cancelled one of the caucuses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

scumbag GOP

Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

I think this guy likes Ron Paul:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    Interesting rant about the dangers of the two party system..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i watched 2 minutes of that video does he ever stop asking what if questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

^He most certainly does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

A friendly reminder:

If you are going to post a video, please don't put up the link without an explanation of the content. Not everyone has access to video content based on where they are reading the thread from.

Cheers,

SSR

• Registered Users Posts: 81,662 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i watched 2 minutes of that video does he ever stop asking what if questions?
    he is an annoying sounding airbag, but he is indeed a constitutionalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Explanation is that the GOP are messing with the democratic process....

"The voter fraud in Maine seems obvious. There are several reports of votes not counting in towns as large as 15,000. Other reports of the numbers simply being wrong. Then the biggest story was that Washington County won’t count towards the stroll poll, which is Ron Paul’s strongest county in Maine, according to the campaign.
    It all is starting to sound similar to Iowa, except this time apparently the straw poll numbers technically won’t change, even though they will change"

Some of those areas you noted were not included because they hadn’t held their caucuses by the deadline spelled out by the state party. Some haven’t even voted yet. All the communities knew their votes wouldn’t be included if they didn’t hold their caucus by Feb 11. I can’t answer as to why some areas wern’t counted that did hold their caucuses by Feb 11, but I understand the GOP might consider updating the results to include all communities when the party committee meets next month.

Perhaps the problem lies in the caucus system, and not the party. The caucus system is unrepresentative because it’s dominated largely by activists, which turns others off from participating. Those that do participate in the caucus tend to be more ideological and hyperpartisan than the general public. Probably a good thing for Ron Paul, but bad for the electorate as a whole.

Therefore I would ague that the situation you claim is not a GOP problem, but rather a system problem. Perhaps the time has come for caucuses to end in order to obtain a better representation of voter preference.

And I understand Ron Paul isn't going to press for a recount in the Maine caucuses, which he can do if he believes there is fraud.

Amerika wrote: »
    Some of those areas you noted were not included because they hadn’t held their caucuses by the deadline spelled out by the state party. Some haven’t even voted yet. All the communities knew their votes wouldn’t be included if they didn’t hold their caucus by Feb 11. I can’t answer as to why some areas wern’t counted that did hold their caucuses by Feb 11, but I understand the GOP might consider updating the results to include all communities when the party committee meets next month.

Perhaps the problem lies in the caucus system, and not the party. The caucus system is unrepresentative because it’s dominated largely by activists, which turns others off from participating. Those that do participate in the caucus tend to be more ideological and hyperpartisan than the general public. Probably a good thing for Ron Paul, but bad for the electorate as a whole.

Therefore I would ague that the situation you claim is not a GOP problem, but rather a system problem. Perhaps the time has come for caucuses to end in order to obtain a better representation of voter preference.

And I understand Ron Paul isn't going to press for a recount in the Maine caucuses, which he can do if he believes there is fraud.

I think Doug Wead gives a good explanation of how the GOP are trying to rig the caucus system for Romney..

So we agree its the Caucus System, which was developed by the GOP party....and it was rejigged to help Romney..The fact your defending this crap shows you need to do more research!

As this clip explains the votes are just window dressing and the delegates are the goal...So RP wont waste time with Maine as he thinks he got the delegates anyway...

I presume your american? Then this should disturb you...

"Why should those (like us) who are not Ron Paul supporters — or even Republicans — care about what has happened in Maine and Iowa? Because important questions concerning democratic processes and how results are skewed and reported are being ignored by the national media. Until the 2000 presidential election turned on how votes were counted (or not counted) in Florida, the rickety mechanisms of casting and tallying votes received little attention. What just happened in Maine should raise questions about systems run by state and local party officials that are not governed by set processes and laws, but that still affect reporters’ stories and the trajectory of the nomination contest. Just imagine if journalists at CNN, the New York Times and CBS News reported (accurately) that Rick Santorum won Iowa and that Ron Paul will win Maine. The narrative of the election would be significantly altered and the inevitability of Mitt Romney’s victory would be called into question. Maine’s caucus mess isn’t easily or quickly cleaned up. This untidiness should prompt journalists to take their time before declaring a winner when it’s not certain who prevailed."

Your media is no different than Russian or china! Well worth a debate after this race!

• Advertisement

kingtubby wrote: »
    I think this guy likes Ron Paul:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    Interesting rant about the dangers of the two party system..

He is copying RPs what if speech...

But Fox just axed his show..

US war with Iran only benefits Saudi Arabia and Israel? This video for the sotuhside rosies without video is Ex CIA Micael Sheuer and is belief that the wars in the middle east are being lobbyied for by American Jews who are doing this for Israel and teir true allegiance is to Israel..

Great video for those not clued into this great man! If anyway cared more about the people its this guy. This video is all about Ron Paul and his foreign policy views and economic views!!

rocksteady, did you not read the moderator reminder about just posting up videos with no explanation of content? LOOK UP ^^^^^^^

SSR

rocksteady, did you not read the moderator reminder about just posting up videos with no explanation of content? LOOK UP ^^^^^^^

SSR

You have given me three warnings and an infraction today for nothing?

I don't think posting a video without the explanation you desire is worthy of a warning!

Having looked at your posts and your friend 'Amerika' I understand this harassment..I see your 'a lifelong Democrat' as you state..and Amerika is a Santorum supporter...You both are posting regularly on the republican race with EACHOTHER..I have seen this harassment with other posters from mods and there friends...

I will report both of you..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056543582

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77129489

Please grow up and stop harassing posters...

PS I would be more of a democrat than republican but Ron Paul is the only one telling the truth...

Santorum is a misguided 'Christian' lost in the fog of war..The thought of him or any of the other republicans in the oval office just makes me believe that Americans would be so misguided to keep following the war path..

Not saying I would like a China or Russian world order..But it will all end in a world war the way its going, but this time it wont be ten million dead, more lile 100 million plus.

Santorum is a supporter of the War on Terror and shares the views of neoconservatives and the Bush Doctrine in regard to foreign policy. He says the war on Terror can be won and is optimistic about the U.S. occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan for the long-term.

Although some sources indicate that Santorum played a key role[79][80] in the K Street Project, Santorum has denied any involvement,[81][82] and in January 2012 The Washington Post's "Fact Checker" concluded that "we can’t prove definitively whether or not Santorum collaborated on the K Street Project," saying that it "depend[ed] on how you define the initiative

The K Street Project is an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticizedI][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Avoid_weasel_words"]by whom?[/URL][/I as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases

The liberal advocacy group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington subsequently listed Rick Santorum as one of its "most corrupt politicians", citing the bill as one of several reasons

Ok lets all vote for Santorum

As for Obama here is a great video

Explanation...Obama before election promises versus reality as president..Obama campaigned on ending the wars the first year...But then it shows him being asked as president when America will bring home the troops..He fumbles over words and has no answer..

This video is Ron Paul explaining why the wars are not beneficial for america..Mccain said they shud stay in Iraq or Afghan for 100 years if needs be. Ron Paul educates them on how extremely stupid it is to do this....

Ps on other threads your posting SSR the posters are not giving explanations for videos...

Why not go back to te Santorum treads or Obama threads?

For all those who think Santorum or Romney or any of the oter Republicans are good for America or the world then listen to Wesley Clark

Explanation

This video for those like Sothside Rosie who cant watch videos is a critique of the war on terror and he gives a historical view from the inside view of war on terror from after 911...

He says the GOP Bush Neo conservatives hijacked foreign policy and decided to topple 7 countries after 911 and destabilise the middle east...He read the reports as a General going to war

This is not what americans voted for...Bush campaigned on a humble foreign policy...

This is why I hope Amerikans wake up and see what is really going on, and Ron Paul is waking people up!

NATO commander General Wesley Clark speaks the truth...

You have given me three warnings and an infraction today for nothing?

I don't think posting a video without the explanation you desire is worthy of a warning!

Having looked at your posts and your friend 'Amerika' I understand this harassment..I see your 'a lifelong Democrat' as you state..and Amerika is a Santorum supporter...You both are posting regularly on the republican race with EACHOTHER..I have seen this harassment with other posters from mods and there friends...

I will report both of you..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056543582

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77129489

Please grow up and stop harassing posters...

Despite the hilarity of your insinuation that Amerika and I are conspiring against you and/or the forum, I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from posting in this thread again, since you seem incapable of following the forum charter or moderator instructions. If you have a question or problem, PM me, but don't post in this thread again.

Cheers,
    SSR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

When I have to warn or infraction someone so soon after they've joined I have to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm also pretty sure if we dig deep enough, you might prove to bbe an old "friend" of the forum.

Taking all that into account - banned

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Dr Galen wrote: »

Cheers
    DrG

You're in an interesting location Doc.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

A new poll is out that shows that Ron Paul is the most favourable of the Republican candidates among all Americans. Also he is the only one with a net favourability rating. Among Republicans he falls to second most favourable behind Rick Santorum with Newt Gingrich being the only candidate with a net unfavourable rating.

On specific policy issues Ron Paul ranks last in all but dealing with the Federal deficit. On this issue he ranks third despite being the only candidate planning on balancing the budget in his first term.

Another poll shows that Ron Paul can beat Obama in Ohio although Santorum and Romney beat him by larger margins while Newt Gingrich is the only candidate that loses.

Yet another poll shows that Ron Paul can beat Obama 49-42 in Iowa while Santorum and Romney beat him within the margin of error and Newt Gingrich gets annihilated 51-37.

Finally, Ron Paul is out with a new ad attacking Rick Santorum's claims of being a conservative.

A new poll is out that shows that Ron Paul is the most favourable of the Republican candidates among all Americans. Also he is the only one with a net favourability rating. Among Republicans he falls to second most favourable behind Rick Santorum with Newt Gingrich being the only candidate with a net unfavourable rating.

On specific policy issues Ron Paul ranks last in all but dealing with the Federal deficit. On this issue he ranks third despite being the only candidate planning on balancing the budget in his first term.

Another poll shows that Ron Paul can beat Obama in Ohio although Santorum and Romney beat him by larger margins while Newt Gingrich is the only candidate that loses.

Yet another poll shows that Ron Paul can beat Obama 49-42 in Iowa while Santorum and Romney beat him within the margin of error and Newt Gingrich gets annihilated 51-37.

Finally, Ron Paul is out with a new ad attacking Rick Santorum's claims of being a conservative.

Interesting. Paul's favorability rating is second, but he is generally behind Romney, Santorum and Gingrich when the polling breaks down by policy issues within the Republican party. My one concern about that poll is that it asks for party id, but I don't think it is based on 'likely Republican voters'? Unless I missed something?

I would guess that Paul is seen as relatively favorable across a wide spectrum of voters because people appreciate the fact that he is relatively honest and consistent, even if they would not vote for him for president.

Also, overall Obama still enjoys a higher favorability rating among all of the candidates, and he is actually doing pretty well with independent voters - a group which has a very dim view of Santorum in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Interesting. Paul's favorability rating is second, but he is generally behind Romney, Santorum and Gingrich when the polling breaks down by policy issues within the Republican party. My one concern about that poll is that it asks for party id, but I don't think it is based on 'likely Republican voters'? Unless I missed something?

I would guess that Paul is seen as relatively favorable across a wide spectrum of voters because people appreciate the fact that he is relatively honest and consistent, even if they would not vote for him for president.

Also, overall Obama still enjoys a higher favorability rating among all of the candidates, and he is actually doing pretty well with independent voters - a group which has a very dim view of Santorum in particular.

I think the reason Paul falls behind on individual issues but does well overall is that maybe people think his policies might work best together. I'd also have to agree with you that people would appreciate his honesty.

Judging on the amount of people that said they didn't know candidates I'm going to guess (and hope) that it wasn't a poll of likely voters. Interestingly enough if you look at P.11, apparently 1% of Democrats and 2% of liberals have never heard of Obama :p

Advertisement