Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this ad ring alarm bells with anyone else?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

DONEDEAL JUST RANG ME BACK AD HAS BEEN REMOVED !!!

:-))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

HERE IS WHAT I RECEIVED FROM DONEDEAL

please do not hesitate any ad that you feel is not suitable ....

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for contacting us. I have just left a voicemail for you, your phone rang out so it was obviously a bad time for you. Having reviewed the ad you reported I have removed it from DoneDeal.ie as I felt the conditions the dog was in where not suitable. I have contacted the publisher directly.

In the meantime, if you have any information on this dog I would recommend that you report it to the ISPCA, they are the correct authorities to investigate this further. I see you mentioned in your email that you wanted to "discuss those ads", do you feel there are other ads that we should review. Please feel free to use our "report ad" feature, we do take all reported ads very seriously.

Thanks for your assistance.

All the best
    Melrona
    http://donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Wow, That is actually a really great response from done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Google the mobile from his ad: 0851978345. His is most likely called Steven, and he lives in Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I also contacted donedeal about the ad and got a mail back about it being removed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

This sounds eerily like the donedeal ad,Clondalkin this time though and no photo:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/68/70937068.html

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Its the exact same one, just a different age on the dog. I've already reported that one as well, dunno if it'll do much good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Don't mean to be harsh, but patting yourselves on the back for getting it removed does nothing. These ads crop up every day. It helps the ISPCA to have them live.

As it happens this was brought to the attention of the ISPCA this afternoon, so on this one hopefully the dog will be lucky. However think twice before complaining to donedeal, they don't really care and it's taken no further. You should always report ads like this direct to the ISPCA cruelty line. 1890 515 515.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

The ad for the 7month old boxer bitch is back again on donedeal :mad:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1800481

I've reported this scumbag - Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He's classy, has all her 'needles' but he lost it 'in a car'

I shudder to think what happens if he doesn't sell her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If there was a rescue space available for her, how much do you think he'd let her go for? I'd be willing to put some cash to getting her but would have nowhere near 150, and I couldn't keep her, I've got my own boy and a foster coming some time next week. Anybody else fancy getting together and getting her out of there?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

I'm willing to put in some money to getting her out of there. If someone could transport her to Cork I'd be willing to foster her for a while as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

give me an account number and ill scrape as much as i can together. I would love to see this dog go to a happy home.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

falabo wrote: »
    HERE IS WHAT I RECEIVED FROM DONEDEAL

please do not hesitate any ad that you feel is not suitable ....

Hi Fabien,

Thanks for contacting us. I have just left a voicemail for you, your phone rang out so it was obviously a bad time for you. Having reviewed the ad you reported I have removed it from DoneDeal.ie as I felt the conditions the dog was in where not suitable. I have contacted the publisher directly.

In the meantime, if you have any information on this dog I would recommend that you report it to the ISPCA, they are the correct authorities to investigate this further. I see you mentioned in your email that you wanted to "discuss those ads", do you feel there are other ads that we should review. Please feel free to use our "report ad" feature, we do take all reported ads very seriously.

Thanks for your assistance.

All the best
    Melrona
    http://donedeal.ie

I got the exact same message only my name on it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Count me in as well. Just PM me bank details. Poor dog, she deserves to get the hell away from that idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Whispered wrote: »
    how much do you think he'd let her go for? I'd be willing to put some cash to getting her but would have nowhere near 150,

Isn't paying this person only rewarding him for mistreating his dog??? Why not see if you can get him to hand her over for free. Most people with such disregard for an animals well being can eventually be persuaded to hand the animal over for nothing as most times they see the animal as a burden.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes I agree lrushe, I would not usually condone paying for a dog like that, considering there are probably 20 more with similar problems on the site right now.

What would you suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I have to agree, what will come from paying this man for the dog? He'll probably just do the same thing in a couple of weeks and will we buy that dog from him too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Whispered wrote: »
    Yes I agree lrushe, I would not usually condone paying for a dog like that, considering there are probably 20 more with similar problems on the site right now.

What would you suggest?

See below:
    lrushe wrote: »
    Why not see if you can get him to hand her over for free. Most people with such disregard for an animals well being can eventually be persuaded to hand the animal over for nothing as most times they see the animal as a burden.

I know it's a hard situation and may people feel helpless, believe me it pulls at my heart as much as anyones but I firmly believe that purchasing animals in this situation is not the answer, it only fuels the fire.

Advertisement