Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BHAA 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

Looking forward to the race on sat as ive not raced since Eircom due to a calf injury. Once its not windy, I dont mind dull & wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Looking forward to Sat too... been 'resting' for the week though and unable to get chance to run...... but Maynooth being the last XC for me (can't make the Malahide floodlit) so hope to give it socks this Sat :)

Some of you say wind, rain? More like snow by my understanding... or close to snow (it's due for paddy's day anyway)

I like the XC season and sad to see it come to a close. Don't like road/concrete anymore. Bad stuff :mad: !!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

If anyone wants to run with an umbrella tomorrow, I have two in the boot for hire. It will probably be wet & maybe mucky but isn't this one of the great challenges of cross country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Conditions turned out good this morning with the course holding up well. Race was going well for me up to about 2 miles when I turned my ankle. Had to slow down to a hopple for a few meters and nearly dropped out, took a while to find my stride again. Ankle seems OK now. Pace was the same as last week and my overall time was a minute quicker than last year. Last XC for this season and last race till the K-Club next month - a flat fast course, might go for my 10k PB.

Fine race is a fab location, no hills but oddly enough it seemed every bit as tough as last Saturday. Only one to go in this cross country season bring the head torch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

http://bhaa.ie/members/app/event/index/tag/nuiaib2011

Smaller than usual field for the BHAA races!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

I enjoyed race today after not been able to race since eircom due to calf injury. Conditions were great underfoot & weather held up well.

The biscuits afterwards with the tea & coffee wasnt as good as the usual bhaa brack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

A minute slower than last year for me, even though the course was faster today :rolleyes:

Couldn't stay around for the brackbiscuits unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭lizanne83

Agreed; nice course, good day. Weather held up - although the grey clouds were threatening and it pretty much down poured soon after for the rest of the day :pac: The wrapped biscuits and tea after went down well too... too well, 14 bikkies (they were yum!)

My pace was the same as last week.... no training = no improvement but happy enough as injury eased off with rest.

Will do the K club then next month as it's only up the road :)
    Disappointed to be missing the Malahide floodlit (will be out of the country) but good luck with that all. Happy Running.... and cycling - don't forget - great for cross-training :p

*Ger, hope the ankle is ok... there were quite a few shtix to cross over in the woods that could get in the way..

Don't forget Irelands only floodlit race & the final one in the winter league on Wednesday next (23/03) in Malahide. This is a 5k cross country run & a great race to wrap up the mucky season. Forecast is promising too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

I see there is a Leixlip / Intel 10K listed in the fixtures list that is "To Be Confirmed", I think it's planned for May?

Does anyone know if this is going ahead?

Thanks,
    Al.

The race won't be going ahead as planned on May 7th but may be run at a later date. Check the BHAA site for details. There is a BHAA 10k coming up in the K club on the 16th of next month. Why not head for Malahide on Wednesday 23/03 for a great race in the dark(with lights)?:D

Fantastic evening workout, had forgotten how much fun running in the dark is :cool:. A few tasty hills, solid underfoot conditions & a great atmosphere. Well done to all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Looking forward to the k club 10k and the rte 5 miler.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

A great evenings running OK...Thanks to the two Pauls for organising a unique event and the volunteers...Food was very tasty.

The summer league kicks-off in St.Anne Park, Raheny on Saturday April 9th. It's a 4 miler for men & 2 for women. Good flat, fast course. Put the spikes in the attic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

AJCOT wrote: »
    The summer league kicks-off in St.Anne Park, Raheny on Saturday April 9th. It's a 4 miler for men & 2 for women. Good flat, fast course. Put the spikes in the attic.:D
    Looking forward to it! So do the league points start fresh...copped out of the x/c :o

The slate is now clean, every runner is top & bottom of their leagues. I understand entirely that cross country is not everyones idea of fun, plenty of road & track coming up until October.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

Dublin City Council’s/BHAA road races on the 9th April. There will be a ladies two-mile race and a men’s 4-mile race.
    Both races will start and finish in the magnificent tree lined Main Avenue of the park. It is a beautiful park, the former residence of the Guninness family, and the racecourse follows an attractive route.
    The race passes the fringe of the Millennium Arboretum, the World famous Rose Garden and the Victorian splendour of the Red Stables. Also another fascinating and least known aspect of the park is that the wall at the tennis courts comprises stone from Nelson’s pillar.
    The course is considered a fast one and many runners may feel it represents an opportunity for personal best times. The race headquarters will be in the Gym Hall, St Paul’s College, Sybil Hill/Vernon Avenue, and Raheny adjacent to St Anne’s Park.
    The ladies 2 mile race commences at 11.00 a.m. The men’s 4-mile race commences at 11.30. a.m. All grades and standards are welcome.

if your not a member of BHAA and dont want to be, you can register for €15 at http://www.runireland.com/forms/bhaa-dublin-city-council-raheny-road-races-bhaa-non-membersrunireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

An updated course map for the DCC race next weekend

http://bhaa.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1802

Dublin Lord Mayor, Cllr.Gerry Breen will present the prizes after the Raheny race. Saturday's forecast is for a dry sunny morning. Enjoy day one of the summer league.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Raging I'm missing the DCC 4 miler. Have GI 10k following day, if it didn't double up as national 10k I'd definitely run the 4 miler instead. Really fast course.

I'll correct my earlier forecast, it will be cloudy rather than sunny but temperatures will be around mid-teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Is it ok to register on the day as i haven't done a BHAA race before? I know there is different grades but no idea which one i would fall under. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

yes just register on the day. There was a online form on the bhaa site where you could pay your membership for the year but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭plodder

chinguetti wrote: »
    Is it ok to register on the day as i haven't done a BHAA race before? I know there is different grades but no idea which one i would fall under. Thanks
    You get assigned to a grade/standard after your first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

chinguetti wrote: »

As an option you can now pre-register with RunIreland.Com.

http://www.runireland.com/events/bhaa-dublin-city-council-raheny-road-races

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

The BHAA membership form is here

http://bhaa.ie/members/app/membership/form/tag/bhaa2011

it give you the option of paying via runireland at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Thanks I just signed up there, will save filling in forms on Saturday.
    The only thing was that it came up as the NUI CC

Advertisement