Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I have a question...

Now I assume that by posting in this thread, most of you would be call of duty fans. But since Battlefield is coming out before COD (is it 2 weeks?), will any of you be getting Battlefield 3 first, then COD? I'm more COD myself, and have put a good bit of time into playing MW2 in the last few months, but out of curiousity picked up BC2 during the week, and really enjoyed it. From what I've seen (based on limited experience with BC2), battlefield is a more "serious" strategy game, whereas MW2 is more about organised chaos, meaning MW2 is certainly a lot more fun to play.

I'm only asking as I reckon I'll try to pick one of the two up close enough to release date so I don't get left too far behind, but can't decide which to get. Will probably go with MW3, as I'm more familiar with the setup, and like the idea of killstreaks, but the graphics in BC3 look amazing. [on xbox360 btw]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I have a question...

Now I assume that by posting in this thread, most of you would be call of duty fans. But since Battlefield is coming out before COD (is it 2 weeks?), will any of you be getting Battlefield 3 first, then COD? I'm more COD myself, and have put a good bit of time into playing MW2 in the last few months, but out of curiousity picked up BC2 during the week, and really enjoyed it. From what I've seen (based on limited experience with BC2), battlefield is a more "serious" strategy game, whereas MW2 is more about organised chaos, meaning MW2 is certainly a lot more fun to play.

I'm only asking as I reckon I'll try to pick one of the two up close enough to release date so I don't get left too far behind, but can't decide which to get. Will probably go with MW3, as I'm more familiar with the setup, and like the idea of killstreaks, but the graphics in BC3 look amazing. [on xbox360 btw]

Yeah, many of us are getting BF3 and CoD MW3.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No i made my 1,000th post about the 1,000th post

If they done fúck up MW3, I could see it being another Winter/Spring of MW3 but a summer of MW2.

Would you be happy for MW3 to be pretty much a MW2 reskin ie: laser like guns, killstreaks oriented type of game where objective is more a secondary if even that Floyd?

Be honest now. If so, fine. Just curious.

_________

Everything has to be taken with a pinch of salt including fourzerotwo's comments. He made claims pre-MW2 release that MW2 was far more balanced than COD4. Was it heck. I'll wait until I see footage of MW3 multiplayer as well as playing it myself, not a sneak peek like we got in the vid last week.

If the leaked perks, killstreaks, etc are remotely true. I do worry for the game and series. For me, BLOPS and the way it was dealt with namely on the PS3 was the final nail in the coffin as far as Treyarch goes. IW/Raven Software/Sledgehammer games need to a hit a home run with this.

Really shouldn't be saying this but I'm honestly more forward to BF3.

I have a question...

I'm getting both. I'am half considering picking up MW3 for the holidays though. Really want to give BF3 a proper chance. Is two weeks enough to judge a game? No, not IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I have a question...

Yes I am going to PreOrder BF3 having not played it before.
    I downloaded the demo of BC2 last year and based on that (graphics and movement compared to MW2 were bad) I never bought the game but this year based on the new Frostbite 2 engine I am getting this one.
    The animation of the soldiers look a lot more polished.
    In spite of what many people rail against MW2 for anybody who can't admit the animation/movement of the characters is brilliant is seriously deluded IMO.
    I played MW, WAW, MW2 and BLOPS and MW2 is by far the most polished.

I think they will be two fantastic games but because of the nonsense of people jumping mid air doing 360 shots I think I will be spending more time online with BF3 this next year.

Roll on Oct/Nov.

• Advertisement

I'm getting both. I'am half considering picking up MW3 for the holidays though. Really want to give BF3 a proper chance. Is two weeks enough to judge a game? No, not IMO.

Open beta in September Ade, so you can have your chance there too. :)

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Open beta in September Ade, so you can have your chance there too. :)

Sauce?

Sauce?

http://www.ea.com/1/beta

1 week is for MoH limited Edition owners, rest of it is fully open I believe.

Ands its on PS3, Xbox and PC.

Ah. Thought you meant MW3. headshot would have made a mess if that were true. Beta or not with re: BF3, I know it's gonna be very good. So am not worried about that tbh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You do know there's no MW3 beta right?

There scared it'll be a ****fest and they won't make any money if there's a beta.

• Advertisement

You do know there's no MW3 beta right?

There scared it'll be a ****fest and they won't make any money if there's a beta.

Closed Beta at CoD XP and inside the walls of IW :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I will buy Battlefield and play it until Modern Warfare 3 releases, then after a few months of playing MW3 I will go back to playing Battlefield.

I will buy Battlefield and play it until Modern Warfare 3 releases, then after a few months of playing MW3 I will go back to playing Battlefield.

Same with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gears of War will prob get me through until MW3..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

everlast75 wrote: »
    Gears of War will prob get me through until MW3..

I probably looking forward to gears more than battlefield and modern warfare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

couldnt of put it better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Battlefield 3...... Modern Warfare 3.... Fook that.... it'll be all about CS next year ! :P

If its anything like im imagining its going to be (Going from the perks and killstreaks we know about. They wouldn't have taken them down if they weren't true). Then its probably going to be mostly BF3 over CoD for me...

Either way CS:GO will be my main MP game once its released early next year i'd imagine... next week will be interesting thats for sure.. hopefully it doesn't suck like the last console version :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'll play BF3 until MW3, thatll last until UC3 with GOW3 around then as well, its the year of the threequel!

krudler wrote: »
    I'll play BF3 until MW3, thatll last until UC3 with GOW3 around then as well, its the year of the threequel!

I will set up 7 TV's and play with my hands feet and my mouth and elbows :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Mr. Dookles

im getting both and will probably provide equal attention to both but unfortunatly there is a ton of other games that are amazing that are coming out everyone just seems to pick the two fps juggernauts but what about the new zelda in november, skyrim in november, rayman origins looks amazing also november, dead island is coming out september which also looks amazing thankfully i will get some breathing space to play that :) but there is so many quality games coming out in the space of 3 months, its gonna be hard to play just mw3

• Advertisement

im getting both and will probably provide equal attention to both but unfortunatly there is a ton of other games that are amazing that are coming out everyone just seems to pick the two fps juggernauts but what about the new zelda in november, skyrim in november, rayman origins looks amazing also november, dead island is coming out september which also looks amazing thankfully i will get some breathing space to play that :) but there is so many quality games coming out in the space of 3 months, its gonna be hard to play just mw3

Games im most looking forward to in order (This year only).

Skyrim
    Zelda
    Deus Ex (Friday woohoo)
    Dark Souls
    BF3
    MW3
    UC3

fap fap :D

Magill wrote: »
    Games im most looking forward to in order (This year only).

Skyrim
    Zelda
    Deus Ex (Friday woohoo)
    Dark Souls
    BF3
    MW3
    UC3

fap fap :D

all them for me too minus Dark Souls, couldnt be arsed with it, Arkham City is another definite, Asylum was one of the best games of this generation of consoles.

all them for me too minus Dark Souls, couldnt be arsed with it, Arkham City is another definite, Asylum was one of the best games of this generation of consoles.

Why u no like demon souls ?? Just messing, definitely not for the weak everyone.

Batman will probably be one i'll pick up sometime when prices drop... i thought the first one was good.. felt it was slightly over-rated tho and the final boss fight was just.... underwhelming ?

Why u no like demon souls ?? Just messing, definitely not for the weak everyone.

Batman will probably be one i'll pick up sometime when prices drop... i thought the first one was good.. felt it was slightly over-rated tho and the final boss fight was just.... underwhelming ?

yeah it had a bit of a Bioshock thing, great game, crappy end boss.

I just found demons souls a chore, I hate grinding in games so Im not the biggest rpg fan to begin with, can see why people love it though,just wasnt for me. I suppose unlocking stuff in COD is grinding too it just doesnt really feel like it, except sitrep pro, fcuk that perk.

yeah it had a bit of a Bioshock thing, great game, crappy end boss.

I just found demons souls a chore, I hate grinding in games so Im not the biggest rpg fan to begin with, can see why people love it though,just wasnt for me. I suppose unlocking stuff in COD is grinding too it just doesnt really feel like it, except sitrep pro, fcuk that perk.

Not sure what you mean by grinding ? (I know what grinding means, just not sure how it applies to demon souls.) :P I did my first playthrough with just 10 or so deaths so i never really repeated the same area that much.

Not sure what you mean by grinding ? (I know what grinding means, just not sure how it applies to demon souls.) :P I did my first playthrough with just 10 or so deaths so i never really repeated the same area that much.

Ah you know just constant levelling up and getting xp to get this thing that you need to kill that thing to open the other thing, I dont mind it in stuff like Zelda, as its not xp based and its not an rpg in that sense, and in COD you unlock the guns as you go along anyway, its really only the attachments that require effort and most of them are piss easy. I dunno maybe I got rid of it without giving it a proper chance I just had no time for it after I died instantly without wanring walking through a door and had to replay almost an hour of stuff, fcuk that noise lol

Interview with Craig Fairbrass the voice of Gaz, Ghost and Wallcroft.

Like these guys on FB because they are basically the Irish IGN.
    :D

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/08/22/ghost-speaks-an-interview-with-craig-fairbrass/

Ah you know just constant levelling up and getting xp to get this thing that you need to kill that thing to open the other thing, I dont mind it in stuff like Zelda, as its not xp based and its not an rpg in that sense, and in COD you unlock the guns as you go along anyway, its really only the attachments that require effort and most of them are piss easy. I dunno maybe I got rid of it without giving it a proper chance I just had no time for it after I died instantly without wanring walking through a door and had to replay almost an hour of stuff, fcuk that noise lol

haha :P yeah it takes a while to get used to how relentless it is, its only really a grind if you die :P And once you get decent at it you get through each stage of a level pretty quickly (15 or so mins) and unlock a shortcut incase you die. I love it :P Im guessing your game wasn't invaded by another player during your brief time playing ? Its infuriating when you get ganked !

haha :P yeah it takes a while to get used to how relentless it is, its only really a grind if you die :P And once you get decent at it you get through each stage of a level pretty quickly (15 or so mins) and unlock a shortcut incase you die. I love it :P Im guessing your game wasn't invaded by another player during your brief time playing ? Its infuriating when you get ganked !

I think so, some red misty fcuker, and someone left a message saying "safe in here". It wasnt safe :(

• Advertisement

Interview with Craig Fairbrass the voice of Gaz, Ghost and Wallcroft.

Like these guys on FB because they are basically the Irish IGN.
    :D

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/08/22/ghost-speaks-an-interview-with-craig-fairbrass/

I like TGL, been following voice actor week all day, some interesting interviews, the guy who plays Revolver Ocelot in MGS on there today

Advertisement