Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Mail strikes again...

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I know that this is and age old topic and completely over done but this article just really p!ssed me off.

Thoughts?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344548/Snooki-covers-poses-Jersey-Shore--time-went-diet.html

It reads:

Snooki shows off new curves as she poses for Jersey Shore... perhaps it's time for a diet?

If there were any doubt that Snooki has enjoyed a little too much high-living during her three seasons on Jersey Shore, then surely these pictures would end it.

Comparing this year's newly released publicity shot with her very first it's easy to see that the pint-sized reality star has ballooned since joining the cast of the show.

Snooki looked noticeably slimmer back in 2009 when the show started, wearing a low cut top that showed off her shapely torso.

While by no means skinny, she was in much better shape than she now appears.

In her new picture Snooki is still posing, but she has covered up her flesh in a more conservative orange dress, using her hair to cover up her shoulders.

The reality star has launched a plan to tackle her weight gain.
    'My number one [resolution] is definitely to keep up with my training and keep losing weight and getting toned,' she told E! News.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Meh, the Daily Fail is a rag, its for people who are small minded bigots who find fault with everything.

like Joe Duffy callers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I love reading it though, I find myself getting outraged at stuff too, it's hilarious. Like a drug really. It's one of my guilty pleasures. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

"ballooned"????

I see no difference, she still makes my eyes bleed.

(Sorry, just personal opinion, but I do think she has a lovely body.)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I see no difference in the pics, she is still hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why does she look more black in the last picture? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KiLLeR CoUCh

Kimia wrote: »
    I love reading it though, I find myself getting outraged at stuff too, it's hilarious. Like a drug really. It's one of my guilty pleasures. :o

Me too. I hate almost every article that paper comes out with and I'm still hooked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

Is there a difference between the photos? I wasn't sure which was 'before' and which was 'after'. More importantly, how is this even remotely newsworthy?

On a side note it's pretty disappointing that a newspaper with a history of promoting an anti-Irish agenda has managed to get such a foothold in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

krudler wrote: »
    Meh, the Daily Fail is a rag, its for people who are small minded bigots who find fault with everything.

And the "TV/Showbiz" section is where the editor wiped his arse with the rag.
    Kimia wrote: »

Me too, but I treat it like I'd treat the National Enquirer ... or a comic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

am i the only one that think snooki is a wee minx ............ te he he he he

Daily Mail in idiotic article shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Yeah it is an absolute gash of a newspaper but ffs?!!
    That_Guy wrote: »

I was wondering that too :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I really dont like this paper.

This is probably beacuse of its blatant anti irish agenda for years;

I know this is from the competation but still,

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/antiirish-newspaper-plans-to-launch-edition-here-472742.html

of course boards were on the case from the early days,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054887547

I know that the above is off topic slightly but I think it goes to show what this paper is about, and it is not about reporting news in a impartial way.

There is of course nothing I do about this, other than not buy the paper. So if you feel like I do - then dont buy this paper.

Best Regards
    Kyman12

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭annieire

I've never watched Jersey Shore and i've no intention of doing so but come on like..the poor girl. Shes still human even behind all that fake tan and make-up!

At least they have changed the title of the article

''Snooki shows off new curves in Jersey Shore ad... as she vows to cut back on alcohol to lose weight''

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1344548/Snooki-shows-new-curves-Jersey-Shore-advert-vows-lose-weight.html#ixzz1AGgUniUZ

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I don't see any differences in the pics. :confused: Either way *shudder*.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

The Mail is so bad it's good. Intellectually void but can be hugely entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

"Shapely torso"? What?

How can you even compare someone's stomach in two pictures when it's only on show in one.

What a load of bullcrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Everyday the daily mail site has at least 5 articles sniping at (usually) female celebrities appearances. I fail to see how someone wearing too much fake tan is worthy of a story on the front page :confused:

I can only imagine that the 'journalists' writing these stories are frumpy old women who feel threatened by any young/good looking/succesful/wealthy female.

The story below is a prime example..it's just plain bitchy and completely pointless

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317066/Katy-Perrys-skin-tight-silver-dress-clings-wrong-places.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

annieire wrote: »

MY EYES! IT BURNS! seriously i think ive just scared my eyeballs looking at those pictures of that umpa lumpa thing.

Who cares about those Jersey Shore idiots anyway? Each of them is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't even know who that girl is!

It's not just the women they attack... They also have beach pictures of Jason Statham looking 'chunky'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I saw her on south park, didn't think she was actually a real person lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The rag media always amaze me with this kind of stuff. I read The Daily Mirror from time to time and a year or so back I caught an article by the "3AM Columnists". They were ripping into Kerry Katona, casually referring to her as a whale. The woman was about 2 stone overweight (maybe, could have been less), she was hardly a whale.

Same deal with Britney Spears a few years back. Her "comeback" performance on MTV was derided, with rags and "Showbiz Experts" (:rolleyes:) referring to her becoming fat. Jesus christ, in Britney's case, she probably wasn't even a stone overweight.

Jessica Simpson got the same treatment.

It just amazes me really, the hypocrisy of it all I mean. On one hand you've got these rags printing stories consisting of moral outrage over the dangers that surround our kids (not to mention Hollywood constantly patronising us over the same thngs). But then on the other hand, there they are, laying into celebrities that young people look up to by over exagerrating their weight. I'd put forth the argument that this kind of coverage will be much more damaging to young girls than any of the apparent dangers that they constantly bang on about facing our kids (the dangers of the internet for example).

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

That paper is made of fail, they just get a sick thrill of picking on people about their weight, too thin or too fat or what they think makes a "Real" woman. The most disgusting article I read was on Stephen Gately's death, Jan Moir should have been sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

That_Guy wrote: »

she has that disease that michael jackson had, in reverse.

imagine if your sister brought that guy 'the situation' home.

ma, da, this is the situation.

get the fook..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Everyday the daily mail site has at least 5 articles sniping at (usually) female celebrities appearances. I fail to see how someone wearing too much fake tan is worthy of a story on the front page :confused:

I can only imagine that the 'journalists' writing these stories are frumpy old women who feel threatened by any young/good looking/succesful/wealthy female.

The story below is a prime example..it's just plain bitchy and completely pointless

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1317066/Katy-Perrys-skin-tight-silver-dress-clings-wrong-places.html

jesus even reading down the "headlines" on the right of that page, "celeb eats fast food!" shock! "other celeb gets a tattoo!" my lord! who do we report these shenanigans to?

a paper written by morons for morons, the fact it tries to not appear like a red top tabloid is even funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Even if a person could do with losing weight, a newspaper article dedicated to it is extremely nasty. I also think, while her "look" isn't attractive to me personally, she has a great figure. Maybe bigger than some people's tastes, but she looks curvy (in the good way) and in proportion to me.

Advertisement