Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Storm Chase- Diary Blog Ideas?

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Hey People,

So ye im goin storm chasing in May with lads over on Net-Weather To texas. Cant Wait!

I'm settting up a Blog for a diary entry with the Help of Mark over on IWO.

Just want to get some ideas of what we should try have on it?
    At the moment im thinking the Summary of each day, along with pictures and a video or 2 if possible. Depending on the time i have at a computer.

Any other ideas like the name for the blog , id be interested in hearing :)

Thanks in advanced people.

Ps Winger_PL , ill be thinking of u over there! haha :pac:

Pss... ( :D )

Ill be taking orders for those who wish to own some of these! hehe
    hail-hands_1449471i.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Almost cross eyed with jealousy! you luck lucky thing... a storm chasing holiday is such a dream holiday... i even suggested it for a honeymoon (no joy :()
    I wish you well on your trip and will look forward to the blog. No bright ideas for a blog name sorry.

I wish you many many twisters :D

Ive had Hail like that in Texas, Used to put them in freezer till we had visitors from Ireland and pull them out to shock and awe them:)

I think you should call the blog :

Iano's Big Adventure.

or

Twisted in Texas :P

ye lucky divil. Im so jealous. Cant wait to read the blog every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

God your madder than I thought!!!! will really look forward to reading your blog.How about "Twister Misters"?I am presuming it's just lads going....

Ian, have you thought of maybe trying to get some sponsorship? Might be worth looking into? Your local pub might be interested.

Also, if I send you my pic will you superimpose of on front of a twister :))):p

So I can pretend to my future grand children, that I was in a Tornado?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

snowbabe wrote: »
    God your madder than I thought!!!! will really look forward to reading your blog.How about "Twister Misters"?I am presuming it's just lads going....

Haha, Mad???, no no not mad at all at all, just passionate Obout MAD Weather! haha :D
    Its not only lads goin, http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62509-storm-chase-2011-early-heads-up/page__st__34 go to the tour 3 list down the end , thats the group so far for my trip.

But Twister Misters has a nice ring to it! :), kinda want something Irishy tough :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Haha, Mad???, no no not mad at all at all, just passionate Obout MAD Weather! haha :D
    Its not only lads goin, http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62509-storm-chase-2011-early-heads-up/page__st__34 go to the tour 3 list down the end , thats the group so far for my trip.

But Twister Misters has a nice ring to it! :), kinda want something Irishy tough :)

Something Irish?... How about 'Getting totally twisted'! Sounds very Irish I think:)

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Something Irish?... How about 'Getting totally twisted'! Sounds very Irish I think:)

Genius! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Leprechaunado :)

BEASTERLY wrote: »

Haha...Sorry BEASTERLY but i dont drink ( shocking i know! ) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Good luck with it. I went on a few when i lived in Kansas. My friends uncle was a storm chaser and we would tag along. Hope you get to see some twisters or big storms in action. It can be very frustrating though especially when you go a few miles one direction but the storm went the other way. I was only successful on 1 chase outta 6 for seeing a tornado touch down. Got to see see amazing supercells and lightning though. The tornadoes usually saved themselves for the time i didn't wanna see them. When flirting with or hitting my town.

• Advertisement

WOO! Just Booked My Flights,

BRinnnnnnnnng Onnnnn The SUPERCELLS! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

WOO! Just Booked My Flights,

BRinnnnnnnnng Onnnnn The SUPERCELLS! :D:D:D

Ahhhhh shut up :D;)

what about getting a live chase cam ? :D

weisses wrote: »
    Ahhhhh shut up :D;)

what about getting a live chase cam ? :D

:p..Sorry , just got a buzz of excitement!

Ye, there ll be one linked from the net weather website , theyll hav the cam on one of the cars.

* JUMPS IN...............
    " 90 Days to go!!! WOOOOO!!!!! :D:D"......... JUMPS OUT*

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

How about Twists & Turns or Chasing the Tail as your blog name? Mind you the latter could sound a bit druggy maybe!
    What a brilliant thing to do....look fwd to reading all about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

Chasing the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Lol, I see a friend of mine on the same trip as you... you'll have a great time. I've heard of some of his exploits! :D

Dinkie wrote: »
    Lol, I see a friend of mine on the same trip as you... you'll have a great time. I've heard of some of his exploits! :D

Ah cool.... Is it John Hanahran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Ambisagrus; was primarily a weather deity who controlled the functions of rain, wind, hail, and fog. :cool:

Woo!, We got our T-shirt design sorted! :)

149506.jpg
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

How about "twist of fate" or "Gone with the wind"

Have fun, looking forward to hearing all about the adventure.

So here it is folks,

Bookmark it people for future reference if u like it :)

http://www.irishtwisterchaser.blogspot.com/

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/news/iwos-ian-carruthers-prepares-for-us-storm-chasing-tour.html

Still open to ideas for things to add to my page.

Im still working on the layout as i want a nice simple one for my daily summary, pictures and videos.

Hope ya s like it. :D

Best of luck to you and all going on the trip. Im looking forward to hearing and seeing all about it.
    :D

Interview with Paul Sherman ( the Net Weather tour organiser & team leader) .

Link here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/p00f550n/

Starts @ 8 mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

I notice you didn't bring in the washing when you were trying out the video . :D
    look forward to following the blog.

ah for a small suitcase, and a kind understanding weather fanatic, that would be willing to bring me along (all expenses paid, naturally) to carry the said suitcase.... off to Tornado Valley ...

Just to be clear this is me volunteering to be said suitcase carrier in return for free trip of a life time!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Update ( Had Another Tornado dream last night! , was class! ha ) : Its less than a month Now Till the Lads for Tour one fly off to the states!

So thats when we can all start watching the live streams! :D

Date for your diary ( well mine anyways e5022804.gif ) as well is the oh so popular thread "Model Thread For Tour 1" , we start it when the GFS ( US ) Comes into the T384 Range on the 15th April :yahoo:

Other than that, its 50 days...and counting, till me féin follows them over ! :D

A spectacular Photo of a supercell near Dumas Texas taking by One of the lads last year ( with a pro camera )
    4637026226_940b1382b9_z.jpg

That pic is brilliant. I hope you can get your hands on a good camera too, it would be worth the having if you get to capture storm clouds like that one. Just gorgeous.

eskimocat wrote: »
    That pic is brilliant. I hope you can get your hands on a good camera too, it would be worth the having if you get to capture storm clouds like that one. Just gorgeous.

I could ask my brother for a lend of his , but to be honest id be too worried about carrying around €2000 of kit.

SO this is what i bought a few weeks back :)

panasonic-lumix-fz100.jpg

ALready hav a setting set up for sky scenery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Very jealous of you Ian! Really hope you get to see some amazing weather over there. Looking forward to following your adventure from afar!

In the meantime though looks like we could have an interesting situation on Monday, theres bound to be chasers out and Ill be watching the live streams....

2ajvzx1.gif
    ...DAY 5...

WIDESPREAD SEVERE STORMS ARE BECOMING INCREASINGLY PROBABLE DAY 5.
    GULF MOISTURE WILL ADVECT NWD THROUGH LOWER-MID MS VALLEY...SERN
    STATES AND OH VALLEY IN ASSOCIATION WITH VERY STRONG EWD MIGRATING
    LLJ. MORE WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT WILL BECOME PROBABLE
    AS FORCING FOR DEEP ASCENT ATTENDING THE UPPER TROUGH SHIFTS EAST OF
    STRONGER EML. THREAT WILL EXIST FOR SUPERCELLS AND LINE SEGMENTS
    WITH TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WIND.

Advertisement