Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Reserved with Maturity

Options
  • 05-01-2011 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm coming on to 40 and when I was in my 20 I did the short skirts, low tops, bikini, topless sunbathing, etc,etc now I find I'm more reserved or gone old fashioned, I keep everything covered up, I be too embarraced to do that now

My husband says I'm gone the opposite way that women as they get older have no shame were planning a sun holiday and he asked if ill be wearing a bikini, I said no just shirts and t shirt, I wouldn't dare ware a bikini now, my husband says I've a good body I should and all women will be undressed regardless of body types

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well, I don't know if it's about being reserved so much as not wanting to be mutton dressed as lamb- I don't mean that personally, OP, for all I know you're totally gorgeous and look like you're 25!

I think as well, there comes a point where you just kind of want to leave the young ones 'at it'. Ok, I'm only 28, but I already am done with clubbing- Friday and Saturday nights in town wreck my head!

Ideally, yes, you should wear what you want and damn everyone else, but there does come a point when it's not always appropriate. I know many people would see the average woman in her 40s wearing a mini skirt a certain way, same as a 50 year old man with a bald spot and a ponytail... it smacks occasionally of a desperate desire to be young again, and not growing old gracefully.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭seenitall

Oh hell :(

I am 36 and just bought myself my first ever pair of over-the-knee boots in sales - just my luck that a thread like this would appear on here the next day!! :D

I never used to have confidence to wear seriously sexy stuff when I was younger, so I suppose it is about catching up as well, to an extent (plus over-the-knees used to be considered trashy until recently). I just don't want to be turning around when I am 46 and saying to myself "oh crap, what was I thinking not wearing anything I liked at 36, I was so young still!" Because that's the way I feel now about having been 26.

Feck it, I have the figure for them at the moment (carpe diem!), I'll wear them with skinnies, and if I am called mutton behind my back then so be it... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Ms_Taurus wrote: »
    I'm coming on to 40 and when I was in my 20 I did the short skirts, low tops, bikini, topless sunbathing, etc,etc now I find I'm more reserved or gone old fashioned, I keep everything covered up, I be too embarraced to do that now

My husband says I'm gone the opposite way that women as they get older have no shame were planning a sun holiday and he asked if ill be wearing a bikini, I said no just shirts and t shirt, I wouldn't dare ware a bikini now, my husband says I've a good body I should and all women will be undressed regardless of body types

Any thoughts?

You should just relax wear your bikini and enjoy yourself.Remember fear and insecurity is only as strong as you let it be.When you wear it and soon you will forget all that.

Advertisement