Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Cots1

Not much of a story to worry about really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Interview happened at half one-ish, so I didn't have your question Korv, I'm sorry (or your edit Varik - the original question got asked :p). They made essentially the same point as you re: jumping and Mario :)

I'll get the video sorted this weekend I hope and uploaded Monday. They were all really nice guys and one of the designers spent a half hour showing off some of his favourite bits afterwards. He really loves his job :)

One cool thing I didn't realise is that all the existing LBP1 content is backwards compatible, so straight away you've got 3.5million user generated levels to play if you never owned the first.

Also there was a chap named James Rath who was hired by Media Molecule after they saw some of his levels and liked what he'd done. Talk about living the dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Dav wrote: »
    One cool thing I didn't realise is that all the existing LBP1 content is backwards compatible, so straight away you've got 3.5million user generated levels to play if you never owned the first.

Also there was a chap named James Rath who was hired by Media Molecule after they saw some of his levels and liked what he'd done. Talk about living the dream :)

That's awesome. Great move making all those levels available. I suppose it would be a shame to see them gone to be fair.

And yeah that guy is very lucky indeed! Good to see it paid off for putting so much effort in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the first lot of story levels there, definitely more variety this time around with plenty of fun tools to use. Grappling swinging takes a while to get used to, and often doesn't give you the arc you wanted, but apart from that I have very little to complain about :) Just great fun.

Community wise, had a whirl of a few new levels. Highlight was the top-down opening scene of a proposed RPG called Neon City or something. Visuals were impressively artistic, and had a totally unique feel to it, even the way you controlled the character didn't feel like LBP. It's only a tech demo, but a fine indication of what people are going to be able to do with the tools. Just add some gameplay next time :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LBP1 had sweet **** all storywise, this makes a bit of an effort but it is mostly an excuse for technically impressive and amusing cutscenes. You really aren't playing this for story!

Anyone up for having a few goes of this tonight? Network seems a bit iffy is my only concern, couldn't get to play with anyone in the Story levels. If anyone's online later, add me (johnny_ultimate on PSN) and we can all try the hardest trophy of all: play after 9PM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

LBP1 had sweet **** all storywise, this makes a bit of an effort but it is mostly an excuse for technically impressive and amusing cutscenes. You really aren't playing this for story!

Anyone up for having a few goes of this tonight? Network seems a bit iffy is my only concern, couldn't get to play with anyone in the Story levels. If anyone's online later, add me (johnny_ultimate on PSN) and we can all try the hardest trophy of all: play after 9PM!

That's an interestng Trophy alright :D. How does the Trophy for playing before 9 AM work? is it once you play any time after midnight?

That's an interestng Trophy alright :D. How does the Trophy for playing before 9 AM work? is it once you play any time after midnight?

Haven't a clue, was a bit confused by that myself, I assume after midnight alright. If it means from six A.M. onwards, yeah, I'm never getting that one :o

I suppose just throw it on for a few minutes before work or whatever. Anyway, hopefully i'll pick this up over the weekend, still playin on GT5 & Black Ops so might wait. But then again, Killzone 3 is out next month.......arrrrgggghhhhh, what to do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

But then again, Killzone 3 is out next month.......arrrrgggghhhhh, what to do :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Colourful, innovative, unique game versus bland, repetitive, mediocre shooter (yeah, my feelings on Killzone aren't particularly positive)?

You know what to do!

......................Gets coat and runs to Xtra-Vision......................................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I really like the grappling hook. It adds a lot of fun to the levels but I do find it a little frustrating to the get the angle you need sometimes. You have to shorten the rope on the way up to increase your momentum but it is a little imprecise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Played this for about 15 minutes earlier, it's as charming as ever! Can't wait to get stuck in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,326 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

played through about 5 levels plus about 2 side levels. great fun as expected !!

i think i will finish the game first before i try create a level. I ha a bit of trouble joining a game earlier again, but am not too bothered at the moment as i will leave the team stuff for when i have more of it passed. well impressed with it though. 50 tutorials is alot to go through :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had a good laugh today playing with other users, i know its silly but we did spend around 2 or 3 mins dancing and waving our arms before starting a mission :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got that Trophy the other night and I was playing it at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

LBP2 is doing well.

No firm numbers as to the commercial performance as of yet, however the developer was happy to share that the game's active(odd?) user base has already surpassed the records posted by the original.

Studio co-founder David Smith told Eurogamer, "The user count is actually quite crazy - we've already massively outstripped our LBP1 record for total users online at once. And that's just with North America and a few other territories."

Predicted sales numbers: Infinite infinity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Played through the first section (Da Vinci) last night and its was excellent.

What's the story with the pins that you collect in the game? Where do you use them? Are the small circular eye looking things you put a sticker on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

This just popped up on my Twitter from mediamolecule:

"We've got four Molecules in Dublin today, meeting players and showing them the new creation tools in #LBP2 :)"

http://yfrog.com/h0rowaj

I guess they're in the Playstation place that opened up before xmas? That's still open?

Anyway, just started playing - love it so far. Saw this amazing looking level on GiantBomb if anyone wants to check it out:

http://lbp.me/v/w-328s

ongarite wrote: »
    What's the story with the pins that you collect in the game? Where do you use them? Are the small circular eye looking things you put a sticker on?

I'm assuming pins are just 'achievements' of sorts, goals you get 'rewarded' for as you go along: obviously there's more of them than a limited trophy set can allow for. If you check someone else's profile online, you can see the last few or best pins they've gotten.

But yes, thoroughly enjoying this. Finally got online last night to a few significant issues (juttering loading screens that went on far too long) but when I did get playing with someone it was a great laugh: descended into anarchy as we threw each other around with the 'glove'.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Completed the story earlier today, great game. Going to try for the Platinum and will have to ace all the levels which was a right bitch in LBP1 :D

Some of the community made levels are looking great already. There will be some amazing levels made in a few months, I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Completed the story earlier today,

No you didn't...:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

my first ps3 game in about 18 months but it's just as brilliant as LBP1. I haven't touched the level creator yet but hear it's waaaay better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Its amazing! really love the grappling hook, spend a good 5 minutes just swinging around when I got it...Also the grabbinator is excellent... picking up other players and throwing them to their deaths :P great stuff...

cant wait to see what user levels will be made...

EDIT: Add me... PSN: Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Why did I come into this thread? To torture myself?

I can't afford LBP2 at the moment and it's killing me. For the first time in my life I'm considering trading in games.

I played a few of the Leonardo levels over in London at the Eurogamer Expo before Christmas and also attended a press conference with a few of the designers. As Dav pointed out earlier, the guys clearly love their jobs and Media Molecule have hired a number of the designers from the first game's created levels. Speaking of, some of the community levels from the first game were phenomenal, I can only imagine what the community will come up with now that they have expanded tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

LookingFor wrote: »
    This just popped up on my Twitter from mediamolecule:

"We've got four Molecules in Dublin today, meeting players and showing them the new creation tools in #LBP2 :)"

http://yfrog.com/h0rowaj

I guess they're in the Playstation place that opened up before xmas? That's still open?
    I was at that event, it was in The Morrison Hotel. It was a really good event, they showed off the new power ups and the new creation tools, and then I got talking to them afterwards - they're really sound guys and clearly love their job. Afterwards we got little LBP2 goodie bags with a LBP2 t-shirt, a big sackboy figure and a €10 GameStop voucher. Needless to say I went straight to GameStop after to pick up my pre-order.

I've had so much fun already and I can't get over both the power and ease of use of all the new creation tools. I'm working on a Demon's Souls homage level at the moment - complete with remote control sackbot knight. Has anyone else had a look at their old levels in LBP2? It's amazing how much better LBP1 levels look now with the graphical upgrade and all the new effects and the lighting. Just fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i already have my plans for a inception movie skit and i have some ideas involving the bounce pads , seriously this game is blowing my mind away , everyday turn it on and its like im not playing the same game i did yesterday.

I can't believe Blast Radius. It's a fully functional two stick shooter. It's a near miracle that they've managed to make something like that out of the tools.

Give it six months, and this is going to be the most amazing online game out there. Heck, it possibly already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really have get through a few other games before I can sink some time into this. I can't wait to make a level or two and play some of the ones posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lads i created a level yesterday called There Here!!! ( Lets Bounce )
    i tried my best at it so if ye want to check it out feel free :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I need to fix my PS3, really want to play this as I was a huge fan of the first one.

Advertisement