Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hardcore Thread.

Options
  • 04-01-2011 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I've been thinking for awhile where should the hardcore go, and decided **** it, it goes here, I'm coming from a more metal side of hardcore.
    Growing up with 90's hardcore bands like.

Biohazard, Life of Agony, Pro-Pain, Madball, Agnostic Front, Sick of it All, Hatebreed, Merauder, V.O.D...and on.

Bands very close and in some cases very metal, but also very much hardcore in the way of musical style and influence, for the energy/structure/intensity.

Anyways, Hardcore is the one style/genre that I'll always be in love with and always finding/making new music. So if there's any other Hardcore heads in here, share some finds/recommends, or just share some banter.

Heres on of my favourite bands of all time.

Zombie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Biohazard's Urban Discipline is one of my favourite albums. The rest of their stuff never really grabbed me as much as this album did but it's so good I bought the rest of their back catalogue anyway :). Whatever way the drums were mixed on that album they come through really clearly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement

Malice_ wrote: »
    Biohazard's Urban Discipline is one of my favourite albums. The rest of their stuff never really grabbed me as much as this album did but it's so good I bought the rest of their back catalogue anyway :). Whatever way the drums were mixed on that album they come through really clearly.

I think remember reading somewhere about the drums for urband discipline being recorded in a bathroom.

"It was so Biohazard, like, the drums were recorded in the bathroom and the vocals were done in the kitchen with no lights and all the dirty dishes in the sink that looked like they'd been there for five years
    Evan

From Roadrunner Bio.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Here's hoping Putrefaction's demo gets some kind of a re-release. Absolutely ripping crust/hardcore. Neifenbach from Galway (I think?) are also deadly and put on a great live show, caught them in Limerick a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I might get slated for some suggestions but I'd deem these bands I listen to as hardcore. I'm not entirely up on my genres but here goes.

Hatebreed, Comeback Kid, Throwdown, Bleeding Through, Caliban, Every Time I Die.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Not A big hardcore Fan but some records I enjoyed:
    %7B298380DF-071E-491F-8A1D-6FBD8ACF5383%7DImg100.jpg

281_410x410.jpg

mer2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Off the top of my head, some of my favourite hardcore records:

Earth Crisis - All Out War (My band were offered the Earth Crisis support slot in Dublin last summer but then they cancelled the whole European tour. Which was nearly as well because I would probably have passed out from excitement, they've been one of my favourite bands for over a decade)
    Sick Of It All - Scratch the Surface
    Stampin Ground - Carved From Empty Words
    Facedown - Beyond All Horizons
    Stretch Arm Strong - A Revolution Transmission
    Most Precious Blood - Our Lady of Annihilation
    Minor Threat - Complete Discography
    xCanaanx - Gehenna Made Flesh
    Bane - It All Comes Down To This
    Trial - Are These Our Lives?
    Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today

Closer to home.. Famine, Cut the Reins, Circle Again, 2000 Strong and Only Fumes and Corpses all are or were great Irish HC bands

Snapcase and Merauder both classic bands. Theres some great local stuff too i.e Famine, Frustration, The Blind.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I might get slated for some suggestions but I'd deem these bands I listen to as hardcore. I'm not entirely up on my genres but here goes.

Hatebreed, Comeback Kid, Throwdown, Bleeding Through, Caliban, Every Time I Die.

Hardcore itself is a huge genre ,I'd class Everytime I Die, The Chariot, Norma Jean and other stuff like that hardcore, and at the same time stuff like Madball,Terror, SOIA, hardcore too, but they sound very different from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Snapcase and Merauder both classic bands. Theres some great local stuff too i.e Famine, Frustration, The Blind.

Hardcore itself is a huge genre ,I'd class Everytime I Die, The Chariot, Norma Jean and other stuff like that hardcore, and at the same time stuff like Madball,Terror, SOIA, hardcore too, but they sound very different from each other.

I'm not big up on my genres if I'm honest. I just call it metal tbh. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

That_Guy wrote: »
    Caliban

+1 on Caliban.

I'll add a couple of crackin' tunes off The Beloved and the Hatred that I used to listen to quite a lot a few years ago:

The Beloved and the Hatred (used to be played regularly on Kerrangtv if I remember correctly)

Goodbye (a lesser known, heavier track)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Dirty Rotten Imbeciles - Abduction, taken from the album Thrash Zone. Still one of my favorite albums of all times.

rain on wrote: »

Stampin Ground - Carved From Empty Words

What a Band, Loved how aggressive that album is, such a shame they are no More :(, reckon they could have went very far !!!

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    Not A big hardcore Fan but some records I enjoyed:

281_410x410.jpg

I love that album,not to mad about there other stuff though.

I love that album,not to mad about there other stuff though.

yeah i second that, its a great release:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I think remember reading somewhere about the drums for urband discipline being recorded in a bathroom.
    That's nuts! It must have been some size of a bathroom to get a fully miked up drum kit in there.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Metallergy

i dunno.. a lot of music across genres i found to be hardcore.. thrash was my hardcore metal tbh - was a fan of hardcore punk/ nardcore from early to mid '80s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Shouldn't hardcore punk be in the punk section?

If you bothered to read the first post....you'll see why I put it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

If you bothered to read the first post....you'll see why I put it here.

Oh lol my mistake sorry :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SpittinStuff

Life of Agony anyone????

"River runs red" or "through and through" should ring a few bells with 90's metalheads...

"River runs red" is a super album, I played it to death when it came out. I moved to New York in early 95 and was living in Bayridge Brooklyn which was just a few blocks away from the address on the "River runs red" insert so I decided to call to the house one day.
    But when I found the place I chickened out and just decided to walk by the house for 20mins lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭GoldCobra

Love Life of Agony, classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Sorry that I'm coming from the more metalcore side of things...

Shai Hulud are damn good :)

And who could forget Converge??

And one of my favourite Metalcore bands...

Advertisement