Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleep well last night??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Slept like I normaly do, which is normally very difficult for me so nothing new there.

However have noticed that the lucidity of my dreams were on the increase! Very strange worlds full of bald woman and men with vaginas.

Freud eat your heart out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Can't remember the last time I slept well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

As soon as I hit the pillow I went into a deep deep sleep until my alarm went this morning, fully refreshed and jumped up out of bed and showered singing "Singing in the Rain".
    Funnily my OH had a horrible sleep complaining of thundering snoring noises emulating from my good self.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

couldnt sleep either, weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe the dread of returning to work and kick-starting a grey January was the root of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I actually slept well last night for a change. All though I did wake up at around 4-5 from a nightmare which I can't remeber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 1daydreamer

Could not stay asleep, woke at 1, 3, 4, gave up and got out of bed at 5. No idea why either, didnt drink last night, had gone to the gym earlier. Gravitational force hmmm okay just as good as any other reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Bed at 1, up at 6. Got to sleep well after 2

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Like a baby :) Please don't eat me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

zeusnero wrote: »
    this is wierd - I had the worst night's sleep in ages last night after having a nightmare (which for me is rare in the extreme)

Me the exact same, got about 2hrs of bits of sleep, I usually get 6-8hrs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

usually when i hit the pillow im out for the count snoring within 5 mins every night but last night ent to bed at 1.30 abd was still wide awake at 5.30, horrible nights sleep, dying now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

zuroph wrote: »
    Poll added.

Have gotten a theory from an astronomer mate that its down to gravitational pull. Weird if true.

well I could do with a bit of a push if that might help :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I was pissed off my tits so I slept fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I dunno, I did and I did'nt. Had a ****ed up dream I was dying inside a Volcano and got a plane out of there and ended up in Sim City :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got a whole three hours sleep but it was great :D I managed to wake up all fresh faced :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I had a great nights sleep,went to bed at 1am and got up at 2pm id say I had about 10 hours straight sleep, I needed that though as im back in work tonight at 10pm and I wont see the bed again till 6am,plus I was sick all over Christmas and I didn't have many good night sleeps,but last night was a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Even after a busy day ,I wasn't at all tired at 3am. Strange considering I usually doze off about half 12 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Got almost 11 hours last night!

Was shattered after the holidays though so if was a recovery sleep. Tonight I hope to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Was on Boards at 5.30 this morning, couldn't get to sleep at all. Not long out of bed now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I slept terribly. I have laryngitis, and I just feel so sick. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I remember doing nights as a student and there was a full moon. One of the staff nurses told me that there's higher incidences of incontinence among some people at full moon times due to gravitational pull. I never did figure out if there was any truth to that or they were just trying to wind up the gullible student :confused:

Its bull but its genuinly believed by a lot of people to have a great effect on you. they usually site how the moon affects the tides as an example, but the ocean is quite a bit larger than you so it doesnt have that much of an affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

kfallon wrote: »
    It prob also didn't help that they only got out of bed at 2pm yesterday and then expected to fall asleep again at 11 or 12,
    Ive been doin this for the last 2 weeks....im goin to be fecked goin back to work tomorrow :o Serious amount of snoozin though,loved it!
    Could it be that most people would be returning to their usual routines of college and work?
    Me tomorrow, looking forward to it tbh but not the gettin up part. Fingers crossed ive a decent nights sleep tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

that would seem to be a very high percentage of bad sleep last night then, something was definitely at fault here! how strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I was wreaked today but I thought I had a good sleep. Obviously I didn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No and I will be glad to get back to normal sleep routine

fecking christmas ,feckin new years ,fecking boards ,the whole darkness following darkness thing .......bah humbug :(

Happy New Year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

zeusnero wrote: »
    this is wierd - I had the worst night's sleep in ages last night ....

Same as me,i'm actually stunned to see this thread.
    didn't fell asleep till around 5 or 6 this morning.

keep having headaches,sneezing and all..., God, it was horrible.

some people believe it has to do with the gravitational pull and eclipse event last night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Last night was even worse.

Went to bed at 5ish and kept waking up every 30mins or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is as weird as the birds dropping from the sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Slept like a baby, even though I was sleeping on a friends couch (partly due to my slight intoxication, I suspect).

There's a lot of flus and colds going around at the moment which might account for the high percentage of bad sleeps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I had a **** sleep last night. I have the flu, nose is completely blocked, keep waking up every so often to get a drink as I'm in constant need of water. Then when I take a drink my nose begins to run..... :mad:

Advertisement