Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens Attitude to Condoms and Pill?

Options
  • 02-01-2011 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi - Should a woman who is on the pill be expecting a long term boyfriend to wear condoms?, or is that a case of over-worrying?

Is it statistically much safer to be using both forms of contraception?.

Does a girl much prefer the feel of it inside without the condom or is that irrelevant to her?

I have also posted this same thread in the gentlemans lounge to see the comparison of replies to this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

The correct answer I suppose would be to use both because the pill isn't fool proof as if you do not take it religiously at the same time or if you are feeling unwell it all affects the effectiveness of it. Unless of course a surprise pregnancy for both of you would not be a really bad thing :P

On a personal note I HATE using condoms. Hate the feeling of them or how the ruin a moment lol. I could also go on here but that would be crude so I will hold back but I am sure you can imagine where I am going here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I use both in a relationship. On the pill for medical reasons anyway, but I'm not always great at taking it and then little things to remember, like if you've been sick it might not work.

There's loads of different condoms that have different textures and stuff, I've tried a bunch of them and some of them are really nice! So I honestly don't mind using them at all. Also my last boyfriend always insisted on wearing one, even though I thought he would prefer not to and sometimes offered that he could go without, if I knew my pill was grand, but he really didn't want a baby!

We both bared the small drawbacks of condoms, cause its much better than having a baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you don't want a baby, and your OH doesn't want a baby, use both. If the bf wants to pay for maintenance to his gf for the next 18 years, don't use a condom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Please don't post the same thread across multiple fora. As both men and women post on both forums it is completely unnecessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement