Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you make yourself feel sexy??

Options
  • 02-01-2011 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i'm sorry if this is inappropriate but I'm at a loss...I'm a stay at home mum of two whose husband works nights 6 days a week, therefore my days consist of school runs, play-dates, shopping, and cleaning, and nights are spent at home alone while hubby is working and kids are in bed.
    I know if I make an effort of dressing up I'll feel a bit better but I just don't see the point when the only people who see me are my kids, other mums and hubby for a few hours in the afternoon while dinner and homework is happening and I just don't feel comfortable changing nappies and cleaning my house in nice clothes with full hair and make up done!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I know if I make an effort of dressing up I'll feel a bit better but I just don't see the point when the only people who see me are my kids, other mums and hubby for a few hours in the afternoon while dinner and homework is happening and I just don't feel comfortable changing nappies and cleaning my house in nice clothes with full hair and make up done!.

Well rather than think of who won't see you, think of who does, and if you want them to see you looking good? Your kids and your hubby for starters...

I'm not a Mum, but I am a grotty student doing a PhD, who can go for days without seeing anyone. But I always make sure that when I leave the house I look good. Not saying I go mad with makeup (I never wear any anyway) or dressing up, but I wear clothes that I feel good in. Well fitting jeans are a must, stick a basic tee-shirt on over that with a easy to throw on jacket at the ready, and you'll look very presentable and it's practical for running around after kids, etc. And if you get the right jeans, hubby will not not be able to look away- womens bums in jeans are soooo good.

Try some thing like these:

bootcut jeans

Tee

Blazer

Ok, I know that might not be your style, but the point is you don't have to dress up in heels and paint a face on every day to feel sexy. Actually, the best way to manage that is to pay the most attention to your undercrackers. Buy a really lovely few sets of sexy undies from penneys, they dont have to cost a fortune. But wearing matching red undies is a surefire way to feel awesome all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

zoegh wrote: »
    Actually, the best way to manage that is to pay the most attention to your undercrackers. Buy a really lovely few sets of sexy undies from penneys, they dont have to cost a fortune. But wearing matching red undies is a surefire way to feel awesome all day!

+1

wearing sexy undies, even if no one's going to be seeing them, can make you feel so much more sexy and confident! so simple, but it works!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jubella wrote: »
    +1

wearing sexy undies, even if no one's going to be seeing them, can make you feel so much more sexy and confident! so simple, but it works!

Exactly. I did that yesterday. I was hungover, knackered, sick and in need of a shower, but I put on a new gorgeous matching set of underwear and I felt like a million euro inside :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I always wear nice undies, makes me feel so much better about myself. I can see your point about not wanting to dress up when doing the house work but a nice (cheap) dark jeans or trousers, top and cardi with converse or books, add some cheap junk nacklaces, bracelets and you will feel comfy and a million dollors. I always wear tinted moisturer and lip gloss. Just make me feel better about myself.

Give it a go and see how you get on. Also how about date nights ith your husband where you can get a bit more dresses up and go to the cinema, lunch? dinner or just a coffee together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Sexy make-up lol! A nice dress when going out, an outfit that fits my shape well whether its just a top and nice pair of jeans or a glamourous outfit. Underwear doesn't really make me feel sexy though, I rather comfort. A push up bra might and a nice pair of tights/legging tights!

• Advertisement
Advertisement