Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Zenithink zt-180 thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

No they don't.
    Sounds not bad though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Confused now...
    These resellers are claiming it has GPS, but it's hard to know if any of these guys are legit. GPS would make it worth the money instantly IMO.

Edit: it was actually the flytouch I was looking at and it does apparently have GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

would there be much between this and the superpad2/flytouch3? i see them on ebay for about 170 shipped from the UK...

Damn, missed out on one for 102 euros when I decided to go for lunch instead of waiting for the end of the auction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emmcre10

Oh, and one more thing...
    columbo1.jpg

I read a couple of reviews which said it has a GPS module but I think this is a lie?

Hi,i am actually using the zenithink to write this and ive had it for about a week now i find it amazing i can even use mobile broadband dongles on it but i dnt believe it has gps even though there is settings for it. I also have flash player and i can watch videos on it from any site. I will check really soon if the gps works but with the mobile broadband i can just use maps. I would really recommend this and the screen is surprisingly responsive too theonly this is i cant seem to figure out how to use usb drives. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

The "GPS" is probably just using phone towers or wifi to try and work out its location, like on phones when you have 'actual' GPS turned off.

It was my mistake on the GPS, that's a feature of the flytouch 3. I'll soon see if it actually works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I picked up a colpilot bluetooth gps module on ebay for about €15 delivered to use with my Archos 101 and it does the business (10" sat nav ftw :) ), so it's not dear to add GPS anyway.

There's no Bluetooth in the ZT180, so no support for it in any shipped kernel.
    I try a USB bt dongle anytime I change.
    Zenithink won't release some important hardware details,
    so the device isn't as open as it might be.
    there's a new Elonex firmware out I haven't tried yet.
    I'll post here if that one supports Bluetooth out of the box.
    I'm slow to try it because the pad is running so well with the latest Zenithink firmware.

Well, I installed the Elonex firmware on it, and it runs pretty well.
    I still feel the most recent Zenithink was snappier on my ZT-180,
    but I'm working with it for another day anyway.
    The ZT-180 I have has board version Ruby v1.4 in it.
    Comments from Omarahum on xda-developers suggest it's running better on his tablet,
    which is the version Ruby 1.2, so maybe these preformance changes are down to small hardware differences.

• Advertisement

Question relates to a flytouch but the answer should be the same I reckon - how exactly would I go about sharing a folder on my linux box with an android tablet?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Question relates to a flytouch but the answer should be the same I reckon - how exactly would I go about sharing a folder on my linux box with an android tablet?

Not easy. If you have the folder shared out as a samba share and the kernel has cifs support then there are a few apps available (can't remember the names). I was looking for nfs support before, but then got "not arsed". In theory you should be able to just do an nfs mount if the kernel supports it and the mount.nfs app is on the tablet. You could also set up a http server if you just wanted to be able to browse / install files.

The other way around is easier. sshfs + quicksshd works just fine.

Do you know is there any file browser on android that supports the fish protocol?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Never even heard of it. :) Just googled. Sounds very like scp / sftp?

I use it to access files on one Ubuntu machine from another. It's built into the Krusader file manager so I've always just used it for painless connections.

Looks like there's a Midnight Commander for android in the pipeline; that uses fish normally:
    http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/299984/linux-tools-coming-to-mcr/

got my zt180 this morning, pretty much as expected.

Anyone know any good resources for customising/updating etc?

edit: woops just saw the links in the OP

Slatedroid.com has a fair bit on the ZT-180

Second question how do I find out if I have the latest firmware version?

There are more than likely a few different firmwares floating about, official and non-official. You can check in settings what your current kernel/firmware and the name is usually the date in yyyymmdd format so you can get an idea how recent it is.

my wifi has stopped working, opened it up and the wifi module still is connected fine.

I can turn on wifi, but when it scans for networks it stops after a few seconds and syas unable to scan and shuts down the wifi.

any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement