Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open letter to all scam victims

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Personal Identification Number: NG-4479

Dear my fake name,

Welcome online to the Oversea Communication Department. I acknowledge the receipt of your email in regard to your compensation. After verification and validation I have a probable evidence that truly you have been scammed and for this reason I have validated the application of your compensation and your compensation fund value at $20,000 will be transferred to your preferred bank account within 24 hours.

In line with our procedure and for accepting such task we will require the following details to enable us transfer your fund. The information collected will only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied and your information will not be disclosed to any third party unless required by law or authorized by you.

*Name:
    *Account Number:
    *Bank Name:
    *Bank Address:
    *Your Phone Number:
    *Bank Routing Number/Swift Code:.

If you need urgent assistance you can call us on +234-704-2468404 available 24 hours.

24 hours, woo-hoo!

The best part is at the bottom, where it apparently says the new nigerian government motto:
    Motto: To regain Nigeria’s lost glory and re-integrate it to the civilized world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

24 hours, woo-hoo!

The best part is at the bottom, where it apparently says the new nigerian government motto:

Since all of this information can be gotten from personnal cheques anyway, how can they make use of it to get cash from your account? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Since all of this information can be gotten from personnal cheques anyway, how can they make use of it to get cash from your account? :confused:

Presumably they'll require a deposit or handling fees or some other nonsense that you'll have to pay by western union so that you can collect your scam compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

An open letter to all scam victims:

Dear Scam Victims,

My name is Claude. I live in Paris. I am thirteen years old. I have one brother and one sister. I study mathematics, history and geographie. I attend school on Saturday. Can you believe it?

What is the weather like in Ireland? I would like to visit some day.

Best wishes,
    Claude

P.S. Stop getting scammed you greedy morons. You deserve everything you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Dear Mealtickets,

You can help stop a child getting beaten, just transfer €20 a month for the rest of your life to my bank account and I will stop beating him. The more people respond the less ads I will have to take out.

Sincerely,
    A. D. Vantagetaker,
    Scam Artiste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

apparently i have a long lost cousin in nigeria who was killed in a car accident and just happened to give my name as his sole beneficiary and i stand to get 150 million us dollars while i am very sad to hear of this news i can now pay my bills and gtfo this country.

goodbye suckers im rich.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

maxextz wrote: »
    apparently i have a long lost cousin in nigeria who was killed in a car accident and just happened to give my name as his sole beneficiary and i stand to get 150 million us dollars while i am very sad to hear of this news i can now pay my bills and gtfo this country.

goodbye suckers im rich.:D

Meh, I had a multi-billionaire uncle from Saudi Arabia who got shot up by Dirty Harry.

All I have to do is transfer my account details to Bradford, and they will then contact my uncles son in Saudi Arabia...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

There's a reason why Nigeria have sh1t diplomatic relations with other countries. Dya think Barack Obama is going to believe an email sent from any Nigerian departments?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,967 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Degsy wrote: »
    I always reply with one word..MUGU!
    You be the MUGU, I be the MASTA! :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crazylovable

I just receive this kind of spam messages yesterday but there's a little bit of changes. At first, I received a text message from

APPLE saying "Hello, email us at: appledraws@live.co.uk for your payment of 750,000 Pounds as was approved by London 2012 Apple iPhone 5 & iPad3 iDraw".

With my curiosity, I did email the said email above. And they reply me with this:

Apple INC(UK) London (iDraw eMail Lottery).
    235 Regent St, London, Greater London,
    W1B 2EL, United Kingdom.

Dear: Lucky Winner,

We happily announce to you the result of the Apple iPhone5 iDraw Lottery held on Friday 1st of March 2013, Lotto 3/10 in Newgate, United Kingdom, all participants were selected randomly from World Wide Web e-Mail Directories through computer draws system and extracted from over 25,000.00 companies and personal e-mail addresses.

Your mobile number attached to ticket number: iPH/UK/2013/001-2/iD with serial number 077214 drew the winning numbers 7, 14, 17, 3, 22 Bonus 2. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £750.000.00 (SEVEN HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS STERLING) in cash credited to file APPiDL/UK/72110013/12.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £750,000.00 (SEVEN HUNDRED & FIFTY THOUSAND BRITISH POUNDS STERLING) in cash credited file no: APPLE/MD/LD/00109900712/11. below this mail is a drafted application form of payment claim letter and you required to send a copy to the paying Bank (FirstMerit Bank UK, Plc) in same format as drafted below alongside with the proof of deposit copy attached to this mail.

Please complete and send the application along with the attached deposit confirmation slip immediately to the Remittance Department of FirstMerit Bank, UK, by E-mail: custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk so that they can process it and remit the winning funds to you.

Be informed that you do not need to enter to winning this draw you have become eligible as you appear to be a Mobile phone user either using our product or other network/operators mobile phone.

Francisca V Dias.
    Apple iDraw Claims Department
    Email: appledraws@live.co.uk
    Tel: +44 844 209 0077
    +44 772 209 7754
    ===================================================================
    THE DIRECTOR FINANCE AND REMITTANCE,
    FIRST MERIT BANK UK, PLC,ASPECT HOUSE.
    LANCING, BN99 6NZ, UNITED KINGDOM.
    Email: custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk
    PHONE: +44-7024014465
    Fax: +44-1589660522

APPLICATION FOR THE CLAIM OF FUND.

I lay claim over my winnings as announced by the Apple iPhone International Mobile Phone Number Award.

I was informed that the said Funds amounting to Seven hundred and Fifty Thousand Great Britain Pounds [750,000.00 GB Pounds] is deposited with this Bank by Apple International Cooperation, United Kingdom.

I wish therefore as the beneficiary/lucky winner, to claim and instruct that the above-mentioned funds should be transferred/paid to me through my appointed Mode of Payment.

I hope my application will be favorably granted by your good office and shall provide my details on demand by this bank and to transfer my said winnings to me via my preferred Mode of Payment as soon as the payment of my funds is approved.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours Faithfully
    Your Name
    Your Phone Number
    ===================================================================
    Please send this immediately to the Paying finance outfit's Director of Finance and Remittance via custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk
    Apple Sales International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Cork, Ireland.Company Registration number: 15719. VAT number: IE6554690W. All Rights Reserved / Privacy Policy / My Apple ID
    If you would prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you have changed your email address, please click here.
    TM and copyright © 2013 Apple Inc.
    :::Due to possible mix up of some numbers and email contacts, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by some participants of this program.

Since I wanted to go further just for curiosity, I did email the said merit bank following the formatted message that they gave. plus the attached file that need to be forwarded in custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk

Then custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk asking you to provide your passport, and etc.

please see below:

FIRST MERIT BANK UNITED KINGDOM, PLC
    ASPECT HOUSE. LANCING, BN99 6NZ,
    LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.
    Email: custserv@firstsmeritsbnk.co.uk
    PHONE: +44-7024014465
    Fax: +44-1589660522

YOUR FUNDS TRANSFER REQUIREMENTS.

ATTENTION: my name

FOLLOWING THE RECEIPT OF YOUR IRREVOCABLE APPLE INC(UK) iDRAW INTERNATIONAL MOBILE LOTTERY FUNDS PAYMENT APPLICATION REQUEST, DUE TO THE NUMEROUS AND UNSOLICITED DOUBLE CLAIM AND THE MANDATED GREAT BRITAIN INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY PAYMENT DEGREE AS ENDORSED BY ALL BANKS IN THE GREAT BRITAIN WE HAVE BEEN OBLIGED TO ABIDE WITH THE BELOW PAYMENT PROCEDURES /SECURITY MEASURES.

IN LINE WITH THE BRITISH INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY PAYMENTS ACT AND OUR BANKING NTERNATIONAL FUNDS TRANSFER POLICY AS OUTLINED IN THE GREAT BRITAIN NON-RESIDENT ACT OF 1960 AS AMENDED IN 2000, WHICH STIPULATES THAT EVERY LOTTERY BENEFICIARY MUST RESENT TO THE PAYING BANK(US) THE BELOW STATED DOCUMENTS FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE THEIR LOTTERY FUNDS COULD ISSUED AND EFFECTED ON THEIR DESIRED PAYMENT MODE.

1.) A CERTIFIED AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM ISSUED BY THE BRITISH CROWN COURT.
    2.) A CERTIFIED NON RESIDENT STATUS CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY THE BRITISH HOME OFFICE (FOR NON RESIDENT) OR AN ATTESTATION LETTER (FOR BRITISH RESIDENT).
    3.) YOUR IDENTIFICATION, A COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE &.
    4.) YOUR BANK DETAILS FOR RECEIVING FUNDS (IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN BANK TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER PAYMENT MODE).

DO NOTE THAT THE ABOVE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS EXCLUDING YOUR IDENTIFICATION COPY, MUST BE ISSUED AND CERTIFIABLE ONLY BY THE BRITISH CROWN COURT AND THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.

YOU ARE THEREFORE DIRECTED TO CONTACT OUR ACCREDITED ATTORNEY, WHO WILL ASSIST YOU IN SECURING THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS ON THE BELOW ADDRESS.

SCM SOLICITORS LIMITED, LONDON.
    125 SHAFTESBURY AVENUE LONDON,
    UNITED KINGDOM.
    NAME: BARRISTER ANDREW BOURNE.
    EMAIL: barr.andrewbourne@hotmail.co.uk
    TEL: +447933472500

AS SOON AS YOU SECURE AND PROVIDE TO US THE ABOVE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WE SHALL CONCLUDE EVERY REMITTANCE LOGISTICS AND YOUR WINNING PRIZE TOTALLING £750,000.00 GREAT BRITAIN POUNDS ONLY, WILL BE REMITTED TO YOU VIA YOUR SELECTED PAYMENT MODE, FOR BANK WIRED TRANSFERS IT TAKES 48-72 HRS FOR FUNDS TO REFLECT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AS IT IS AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER.

NOTE: THAT WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS WE WILL MAKE SURE THAT THE PRIZE BELONGS TO YOU AND WILL NOT BE SENT TO ANOTHER PERSON, YOU HAVE SEVEN(7) BANKING DAYS TO PROVIDE US WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS STARTING FROM THE DAY YOU APPLIED FOR THE FUND RELEASE.

THE ABOVE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS STANDS AS A FUND RELEASE ORDER(FRO) FROM THE GOVERNMENT AUTHORIZING US TO ENABLE AND EFFECT THE IMMEDIATE PAYMENTS OF YOUR FUNDS TO YOU.

SINCERELY,
    JOHN TINER
    DIRECTOR FINANCIAL & REMITTANCE DEPT.
    FIRST MERIT BANK PLC, UK.
    ===============================================================================================================================
    The information contained in this email communication may be confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return email, delete this email and destroy any copy.
    Any advice contained in this email has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any advice in this email, First Merit BankPlc (UK), London recommends that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances. If this email contains reference to any financial products, FMBUK recommends you consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or other disclosure document available from First Merit BankPlc (UK), before making any decisions regarding any products. If this email contains any promotional content that you do not wish to receive, please reply to the original sender and write "Don't email promotional material" in the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

why

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No real need to dig up a two year old thread. Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement