Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critically panned films of 2010..that you kinda liked

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

I thought the new version of Repo Man was excellent. Jude Law( who I normally dont like was very good) and the always brilliant Forest Whitaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

johntommy wrote: »
    I thought the new version of Repo Man was excellent. Jude Law( who I normally dont like was very good) and the always brilliant Forest Whitaker.

I was virtually dragged to see that. Turned out to be very enjoyable. I normally can't stand Jude Law, but he was quite likable in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

The big ones for me would be Salt and Prince of Persia.

They both kept me entertained and that is the reason I go to the cinema.
    Prince of Persia had a few things wrong with it, Gyllenhaal's accent for one, but I still rather liked it.

Angelina Jolie kicking ass and in quite a well worked film too.

Just like to mention Unstoppable, although not panned, some people really seem to hate it. I loved it. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    The big ones for me would be Salt and Prince of Persia.

They both kept me entertained and that is the reason I go to the cinema.
    Prince of Persia had a few things wrong with it, Gyllenhaal's accent for one, but I still rather liked it.

Angelina Jolie kicking ass and in quite a well worked film too.

Just like to mention Unstoppable, although not panned, some people really seem to hate it. I loved it. :D

I liked Prince of Persia too but as someone mentioned above the ending was a real cop out. Salt was watchable too, i still think it would have suited a male lead better but it killed the 2 hours happily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

ziedth wrote: »
    I liked Prince of Persia too but as someone mentioned above the ending was a real cop out. Salt was watchable too, i still think it would have suited a male lead better but it killed the 2 hours happily.

You really think Tom Cruise (pencilled in to do it before he chose to do Knight and Day) would have done a better job than Jolie?

I think not.

Knight and Day was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Galvasean wrote: »
    Clash of the Titans wasn't too bad either (assuming you didn't watch it in 3D which was a tacked on waste of money). It was a bit of a missed opportunity when you consider all the stuff they left out of teh final cut, but if you can get your head past the hypocritical storyline it's got some really cool action set pieces.

Clash would be my kinda liked film too. The story is bad storytelling since it originally wasn't supposed to be a cautionary tale about never questioning gods but it's enjoyable visually.

"Medusa was raped."
    "Kill it with fire!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

irishash wrote: »

Dinner for Schmucks – Having seen the original many moons ago, I was unsure if I would enjoy this remake. But I feel they did enough to change the story so that it felt a little fresh, and getting to see the actual dinner, unlike in the French original, was a hoot. For a movie that was stuck in development hell for almost a decade, it was worth the wait. Not the greatest comedy ever, but certainly not the stinker that the critics said it was. Just compare it to Little Fockers.

Agree with this, there are quite a few genuinely funny moments I thought. When he
    throws the blanket over her and she falls over the railing
    if I was drinking something at the time it would have been spat out.
    Quite a few other funny monents too despite it being a bizarre film all round.

Advertisement