Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook stalking

Options
  • 28-12-2010 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

hey all! just checking my fb there when i got invited to see who really stalks my page - and if i am honest, i panicked a little :p i have a few questions. firstly, is this possible and secondly would you mind if it was? would it encourage you to deactivate your account if people knew you were on their page?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

how do you see who's visited your page ?

lol...could be interesting/scary.

ps. I'm not signing up to some "App" which will let me know - IF I allow them access to my personal data

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Those things are all scams! Don't worry about it!

My page is totally on private and I'm very picky about who I add as a friend so I'm not worried about stalking really. However a lot of my friend's friends pages aren't on private and I will admit I do sometimes have a peak through their photos. Can't really call it stalking if they don't put them on private though, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Those "find out who is viewing your profile" things are just advert spam and don't work.

If you were genuinely worried you wouldn't have set up an account in the first place. I'm not 100% sure if you're talking about strangers or friends "stalking" your profile. If it's the former, sort out your privacy settings and if it's the latter you shouldn't have added them as a friend in the first place.

By nature most peole are nosey and this is moreso for Irish people so Facebook provides so much material on a person it's inevitable people "keep an eye" on old partners, work colleagues, classmates etc. I wouldn't call it stalking when it's public domain and so easy to access

I never have anything incriminating on my Facebook page and if there's any pictures I dislike, I detag myself in them, only people who are friends with me can see anything on my profile and only friends of friends can add me as friends, which I'm a bit annoyed with, as I'd rather be the one choosing who I want to add.

Those applications never work. If you want to adjust your privacy settings go to account -> privacy settings -> make sure "friends only" is ticked and then go to "view settings" under "Connecting on Facebook" and you can set all those to friends only.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

Don't think any of those find out who view you work, I don't think I'd want to know either!

I can honestly say the only people I am friends with are really my friends or family and only they can see my info/pics. Know a good few people who just seem to add anyone and everyone to bump up their friend number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Princess Peach is right.

Its a scam app.
    It doesnt read you has visted your profile at all. It picks random friends and or people who may of been friends at one point at best.

Pay no attention :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

There is one that counts the number of times certain people have commented, liked, or had any ACTIVITY on your page, but AFAIK there isnt one that counts just how many hits your page has from other profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spammier than a tin of spam opened on spam day and eaten with a side order of spam, those things dont work, its like the ones who tell you who've posted on your page the most, i did that once and it told me a person had liked something like 50 things i'd done, and posted 32 times on my pge, I'd added them about 2 hours previous :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I never have anything incriminating on my Facebook page and if there's any pictures I dislike, I detag myself in them, only people who are friends with me can see anything on my profile and only friends of friends can add me as friends, which I'm a bit annoyed with, as I'd rather be the one choosing who I want to add.

You can do this by going to Account Settings -> View settings and change 'Search for you on Facebook' to friends of friends. That why somebody who's not friends with a friend of yours can just throw your name in and find you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I don't have any friends with juicy pages worth looking at :P Wouldn't bother me in the slightest tbh, I've defriended anyone worth stalking in order to save my sanity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

whatsamsn wrote: »
    Princess Peach is right.

Its a scam app.
    It doesnt read you has visted your profile at all. It picks random friends and or people who may of been friends at one point at best.

Pay no attention :)

That is so creepy that you linked my profile. Stalker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

After reading this i just changed all my profile settings.... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Facebook app developers do not have access to data about page views. If given permission they can access wall posts, comments, photos etc & use this stuff to come up with lists but it won't be anything to do with who is simply looking at your profile.

Advertisement